Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missus S

Homemade wedding favours, would you like these?

Missus S, 8 of December of 2010 at 14:14 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi girlies i am thinking of having a small do, just close family and friends, around 16 people. The plan is to go for a posh meal in a beautiful restaurant after the ceremony, meal drinks etc. I still want to do the little bits, like favours and decorations, obv just on a much smaller scale.

I was thinking of making homemade wedding favours, in the form of heart shaped shortbread, which j'adore cooking anyway, so i know i can do the baking part, but how would i present these? In a box? Cellophane? I also love the idea of doubling them up as place names and icing each persons name on them. How the chuff do i ice names? Help! And what do you think to the idea? On a budget so trying to be thrifty! xxxxxxxx

14 replies

Latest activity by mrs_lewis_2b, 9 of December of 2010 at 08:59
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Wer making cupcakes for ours (i say we i mean me obv lol) and having them in clear boxes with a ribbon, can buy these in bulk on ebay for fairly cheap!!! u could sue these to put the shortbread in? and have fancy ribbon with a tag on with their name?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a lovely idea and I'd be happy to receive a favour like this.

I had a heart shaped shortbread favour once, which was tightly wrapped in plastic wrapping, but I expect that these were bought in. If you're not using them as place names, you could get those cellophane bags, some come with a square of cardboard at the bottom to stand them up, and tie a pretty ribbon around it. I think it would be hard to see the iced name on it, though, if you did it this way.

I'm no expert on icing, but I think you'd just need to practice, practice, practice!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Silly question - do you buy the ribbon yourself and just tie a bow? Or is there some fancy way of doing it!?xx

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I like that idea. You could put them into bags like these:

/12007/50-clear-gusseted-presentation-gift-bags-20-x-28cm

I recently bought this and have used it to ice gingerbread men:

/14156/easy-squeeze-deco-pen

I ❤️ Lakeland at the moment!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

we will have personalied ribbon and simply tie it ourselfs!!! no fancy way that in know of lol

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I like shortbread so yes please Smiley smile

Icing their names and using them as placemarkers? Nice idea. Works fine for the 16 you mention but I'm not sure it would be practical for a larger wedding.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Wow iv just looked at Lakeland it has loads of good stuff! Cant believe iv never been on there before. Love the pen icer, and the bags. xxx

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Sounds lovely! I don't know how to do piping, I think you have to buy a special tool- why not "you tube" it?

My friend did something similar... (I don't know if she is on Hitched I hope she doesn't mind me flashing a pic of these...)

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Trust me i wouldnt be contemplating it if there were any more than 16 lol xxx

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I only discovered it a little while back, but I have found loads of useful things already. I am a bit addicted to looking through the catalogue if I'm being honest!

• Kitty824
    Beginner December 2011
    Kitty824 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Shelley I just wanted to say a big thank you, we are only having a small wedding and on a bit of a budget and reading this clarified a few things for me, we are now having a gorgeous sit down meal at our favourite estaurant then leaving earlish to make the most of our posh hotel wedding night. thank you again!

PS Im still doing all the favours place name etc... x x x

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww it is nice to hear im not the only one doing it 'smaller'. I would of ideally had the big shebang but budget and time wont allow but the more i plan my little beautiful wedding the more i love the idea. xxxxxxxx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

For what it would cost you to make them once you have bought all the ingredients you could buy them, these are really cheap:

https://www.customcookieco.co.uk/products/weddings/weddings.html

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Wow Sherrie theyre absolutely gorgeous. I priced up for 16 tho and theyre £50 eeek! So i think il have a crack at them, but they've given me some inspiration though. And if i mess up i will certainly have fun eating them ha! Thanks xx

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    mrs_lewis_2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooohhh Thanks Sherrie!! You know all the good places!! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics