Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs G to be
Beginner May 2011

Who's got a good imagination to help my poor tired brain?

Mrs G to be, 25 of October of 2010 at 17:09 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi Girls,

I'm so fed up of thinking about this that I've decided to ask you wonderful people for help ?

Basically, I am having trouble with putting any sort of colour/theme to my wedding and I am spending hours, staring at pictures and pictures on the internet of venues /invites/everything basically and not actually making any decisions!

Okay so basically, my BM dresses are the following (pic below) and Im adding a bit of silver here and there, but I have no idea what that colour goes with (I havent the best imagination)..ivory/white? I dont know. Anyway when I look at this colour online with bits of silver it all starts looking a bit wintery?? My wedding is in May and I want it to be all springy?

Can anyone please suggest some springy colours that will go well with it and maybe a theme, I like birds/gardeny type style but Im sooo struggling? I cant pic invites or anything yet until Ive made my mind up! Please help! ?

Thank you xx

13 replies

Latest activity by SoontobeMrsSSmith, 27 of October of 2010 at 11:04
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

"Spring" and "purple" makes me think of heathland and heather, so you've got the option of a "country garden" or "rustic" theme, at a stretch even something Scottish if you have any links with Scotland?

I think the silver is why you're struggling to be honest - and tying yourself down with things that feel 'wintery'. Sure, silver for jewelery is fine but not sure you need to add it for the dresses?

Alternatively, gold and purple together come across as 'royal' and might suit an Egyptian theme? Honeymoon in Egypt, perhaps?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Lime Green

Purple and Yellow:

Pinks, Lilac

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

My first thought with that dress was like a pale sage green, vintage, garden theme. Made me think of humming birds and crickets singing!

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Hello. I just got back from being a bridesmaid in Aus, and wore this exact dress - I nearly jumped off my chair when I saw it. It was beautiful to wear. There were three bridesmaids in total, and we each had gold shoes and wore a roman style criss cross of beads in our hair to match. It looked fab - although I do like the purple and green suggestion posted above too!

• Mrs G to be
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs G to be ·
    • Hide content

Just loving all your ideas! I never even thought of green and purple to be honest! Quite liking the idea of pinks and purple too!

Really like the thought of "Country garden/Rustic" idea too, thats the sort of thing I had in my head actually ?

So I think thats the sort of theme ill go with, just got to decide on colour and then I can get going!! Ive got to pick my invites/decoration/favours next so as soon as i get on with that Ill be alright!

Thanks peeps and if anyone thinks of anything else the ideas will be greatly received!! xx

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

I think that if you like Country Garden then green is def the way forward - maybe with a hint of pink in your bouquet too?

• T
    Beginner August 2012
    The current Miss L the future Mrs H ·
    • Hide content

That dress looks beautiful, where is it from/which designer is it? Am in very early stages of planning & having trouble finding any bridesmaids dresses I like! Have only set a year to get married, not got a date yet Smiley smile

• Sarah-Em
    Beginner September 2011
    Sarah-Em ·
    • Hide content

There may be a bit of a continuing theme going on here, but like many of the others as soon as I saw your BM dress I immediately thought green, either something very subtle and soft like a light sage, or something a bit jazzier like a lime green. They'd both look lovely.

• Mrs G to be
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs G to be ·
    • Hide content

I'm really liking the sound of the green with the purple, I would never have thought of those two colours together to be honest so thanks all ladies!!

The BM Dresses are Alfred Angelo 7016 in victorian lilac and my BM's loved them as they are a very flattering shape xx

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

I vote for green too - either sage or lime green would look fantastic.

• kirstycat
    Beginner April 2011
    kirstycat ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely love the lime green that Sherrie has suggested.

HMMM - is it too late to change all my plans?!!

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I think you need to back off the silver, but replace it with just that touch of glitz instead. Crystals, sequins, spangle, glitter.

This should give it all a much more luxury feel without going wintery.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics