Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner

Ceremony Venues in Cardiff... help!

Jojo1983, 1 of March of 2010 at 21:14 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi there,

I've only just started looking at places in cardiff to get married, but don't feel like i'm getting anywhere.

We are on a tight budget and not religious so we are looking at nice places to have the ceremony then we want to go elsewhere afterwards. We think that we want to keep the reception fairly casual and have found somewhere that may work for us but we're really struggling with the ceremony part. I know loads of hotels and things do them but if we're not having the reception there as well is this okay?

Does anyone know of a good place to have the ceremony only? it doesn't have to be in Cardiff, but fairly close would be good.

thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by emsa1, 1 of March of 2010 at 21:41
  • emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

We're having our wedding at the vale hotel & resort nr cardiff and i know there is a wedding much later on in the day on same day as ours and they are just having the ceremony there then going off somewhere else. i expect the only thing you may get caught for is room hire (that applies at any venue i guess) and then you'd have registrar's fees on top. if you want to email me am happy to let you know prices we've paid and stuff

ps depending on when you are thinking of getting married they are opening hensol castle up for weddings at the same resort in 2012, it would be an amazing venue! x

• Keltickurse
    Beginner March 2011
    Keltickurse ·
    • Hide content

Could tray a few hotels - as most of them charge for civil ceremonies i cant see that there would be a problem.

A friend of mine went to Miskin Manor (just off the M4) for her ceremony and then had the reception elsewhere. As long as there's not another ceremony that day, (or the hotel allows more than one wedding a day) you should be alright.

• J
    Beginner
    Jojo1983 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks,

My old company had their big christmas party at the Vale's Castle suite for the last two years, so I know that its a really nice venue. My fiance was the one that organised it as well, so i'll get him to contact them- but its good to know that they do it!

We went and looked at Miskin Manor a few days ago, lovely building but i've heard some really bad reviews about it- so i'm not sure on that one!

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

I've just checked the brochure they gave us and it says on there that for ceremony only room hire its £300.

it's also about £350 for the registrar (saturday fees, would come down if it was midweek to £325 and its £390 for a sunday)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics