Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CJinWonderland
Beginner June 2012

Alice in wonderland wedding

CJinWonderland, 30 of April of 2009 at 23:04 Posted on Planning 0 21

Hi everyone,

i was wondering if anyone could help me! Me and my fiancee and wanting to have an alice in wonderland themed wedding, and ive just found out that you cant hold a wedding ceremony outside. So i was wondering if anyone knew of a really pretty place that could suit the alice in wonderland theme for the ceremony and were you could still have the reception outside in yorkshire. Im having a really hard time finding places that are more like garden rooms rather than heavy, dark gothic rooms.

thank you!

love CJ xxx

21 replies

Latest activity by Braw Wee Chanter, 2 of May of 2009 at 12:19
  • ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Hello! ?

I can't help with the venue search, but if you tell us whereabouts in the country you are, I'm sure someone could help.

If found some Alice in Wonderland type, weddingy images for you, which may inspire.......

• cheska
    Beginner May 2009
    cheska ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married outside?!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

You getting hitched in scotland Cheska? We can marry outside but not sure about Ingerlund....unless the laws have finally changed??

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

Have you got a botanical gardens there? I know ours hold ceremonies!

http://www.britainsfinest.co.uk/gardens/search_results.cfm/searchcounty/North%20Yorkshire/searchclasscode/20

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

Sorry - accidental double posting now removed

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

I was hoping you would pop up ?

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome ?

I'm afraid I can't help with a specific location in Yorkshire but I think in England you can get married outside in a licensed venue if the ceremony itself takes place under a cover eg a gazebo - I think some of the Wedding Planners on here like Ruth/Finesse will have more information. If you're looking for some more inspiration/ideas for the the theme though I may be able to help as I've just finished working on an Alice themed wedding. CLICKY for pics.

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Prettywild....those invitations are fantastic!

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

lol - I tried sitting on my hands but I couldn't resist posting lol

Thanks bec84 x

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

Prettywild, those invites are some of the most inventive i've seen! they're fab!

• lyni
    Beginner October 2008
    lyni ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Can't help with venues, but you need(!) a cake like this!!

Suz - amazing invitations!

• lyni
    Beginner October 2008
    lyni ·
    • Hide content

Few more ideas:

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you could get much more 'wonderlandy' than getting married in a maze!!!

http://www.yorkmaze.com/

I'd love that...the wedding barn looks perfect! and you could have people in the maze dressed up in AIW costume!

• CJinWonderland
    Beginner June 2012
    CJinWonderland ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone!

thank you all so much! some of those pictures must have been taken right out of my head! haha. were having the teapots with roses in them (in fact im collecting them now). were having the eat me cakes, the lanterns (that was why i wanted the ceremony to be outside so much) but i will definatly look into the gazebo wedding thing Smiley smile

if you could keep the ideas coming it would be brilliant! and i think that scampston Hall could be really nice! they talk about a drinks reception in their gardens anyway Smiley smile

as for the venue, anywhere in Yorkshire is fine Smiley smile as long as its pretty and full of flowers lol Smiley smile

love CJ xxx

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

Here is a list of everywhere in North Yorkshire that you can get married

And a list for all over Yorkshire...I'm sure they'll be something that ticks the boxes in this lot...

and if it doesn't then you'll have to get married in a little church as there are no more venues!

• CJinWonderland
    Beginner June 2012
    CJinWonderland ·
    • Hide content

Oh thank you Smiley smile I'll take a look. Your all so helpful! Smiley laugh

• cantwait2bMrsC
    Beginner
    cantwait2bMrsC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

wow i'd love this too! SO different.... if only i'd known about it before i planned my wedding.... and if i lived in york! Would be lovely, but only if you could guarantee the weather - prob not so great in the rain.

Prettywild those invitation are fantastic - very unusual ?

• S
    Beginner February 2010
    Serafina ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought of the Botanical Gardens in Sheffield?

http://www.sbg.org.uk/index.asp

I know that it's possible to marry there as a colleague of mine is getting married there this summer.

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

I adore the idea of an Alice in Wonderland themed wedding! Wish you lived down this way Smiley smile We covered a few 'outdoor' weddings last summer, two of which the ceremony was held under a permanent structure, altho a very tiny structure. One was a stone structure, the other was a thatch covered woodland structure,, so it can be done. I have to mention that for both of those, it rained like cats and dogs,, so have an alternative plan if you are set on doing alot outside. In one of the weddings, the guests and the happy couple were caught in a downpour right in the middle of the drinks reception, and it was quite a long way to the inside where the wedding breakfast was to be held.

Good luck with the planning, it sounds totally amazing! Sure you don't want to do it all down south? Athelhampton has the perfect 'Alice in Wonderland' type gardens Smiley winking

Teri M Smiley smile

• kacaldwell
    Beginner
    kacaldwell ·
    • Hide content

If you are married by a humanist you can have an outside wedding.x

• CJinWonderland
    Beginner June 2012
    CJinWonderland ·
    • Hide content

Oh, the rain is a scary thought, so were going to be having the wedding in June/July to hopefully help with that. But we will be looking for an alternative room just incase it does decide to rain!

thank you for the advise about the humanist, it is somethign to think about Smiley smile

• Braw Wee Chanter
    Braw Wee Chanter ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE it!

That is all.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics