Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Enjayee
Beginner April 2013

Totally not wedding related but I need to rant!

Enjayee, 16 of June of 2012 at 02:33 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

I went out for some beers tonight and to watch England v Sweden ... didn't think my purse would be stolen though! Smiley sad i'm so angry, if I want to get money out at the weekend I have to go down to the bank with a cheque book (goodness knows where that is) and my passport. I've cancelled my cards and everything, I'm just so angry and upset, I would never ever EVER dream of nicking someone's wallet out their bag ☹️

the ridiculous thing is that I'm blaming myself even though whoever stole it was like a ninja!!!!!

7 replies

Latest activity by ButterflyChild, 16 of June of 2012 at 23:41
  • Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

That's awful!! What a shitty thing to happen.

Dont be cross at yourself, sadly people make a living off this sort of thing and they're very adept at it.

I hope you can remedy the situation with minimum stress and you didn't have anything sentimental/much money in your purse.

*hug*

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

There was £50 cash (ARGH!) and a passport size picture of my sister on her graduation which is the one thing I won't get back. It's a REALLY good job that I didn't put my engagement ring in there - I was worried that it might come off during the excitement of football fever and would have put it in my purse for safe keeping. Thank goodness I decided against that in the end.

I'm still really angry - I can't even pop to the shops for grocery shopping or anything without hunting down my cheque book and trekking to the bank for cash. My bag was also on me the WHOLE time. I knew something was up as soon as I went to get my phone and the bag was unzipped - I never ever ever leave my bag unzipped so I was right to fear the worst. Some people really are scum.

Oh well - new cards will arrive in a few days and £50 cash I can swallow. Let's hope they enjoy the Boots Advantage card and Costa Coffee loyalty card.

• Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content

That is really frustrating but at least you didn't lose too much money. We live in an untrustworthy world unfortunately.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

If you bank with natwest yo ring them up and they give you a number over the phone which you go the cash machine and you can get money from the atm - sorry your purse was nicked- some people have no morals ?

• *willow*
    Beginner
    *willow* ·
    • Hide content

It really is horrible, have you checked the bins in or around the pub? or any hedges or walls? you might find they have taken what they want out ie the cash then chucked the rest nearby. At least then you may get your photo back.

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This bar is in East London so a very very busy area and no hedges/beer garden or anything like that. The bar haven't called me to say that it's been handed in but I've filed a police report (such a long shot), just in case it does get handed in. It's just such a pain - it had to be the weekend where my fiancé went back to Denmark to see his family! I'm over it a bit now as I have my travel card and enough food in to last until my fiancé gets back on Monday morning. I'll just be loads more careful next time and not carry cash - I never usually carry that much cash so am a little peeved with myself!!

Felt sorry for the bar staff, one of the ladies felt responsible even though it was a busy pub and unfortunately just one of those things that most of us will sadly experience. But, it could have been worse.

Thanks for your lovely replies xx

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

That's awful ☹️ some people are so sh1t. Big steaming piles of sh1t.

It won't bring them any luck! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics