Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Need help re. bridesmaids hair accessories

Purple Pixie, 8 of June of 2012 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 8

Two of my bridesmaids have long hair and are going to have their hair in a messy bun style. I was thinking of getting them some diamante pins to put in for a bit of bling. My third bridesmaid has got shorter hair though so can't have pins. What could I get that she could wear in her hair that the other two could have as well?

We don't want tiaras or head bands though.

Thanks, PP x

8 replies

Latest activity by Michelle772012, 10 of June of 2012 at 10:08
  • Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

This is going to sound silly, but never having had shorter hair I'm really not sure - if she has her hair curled (apparently she wants it like Carrie from SITC), would a comb stop in place?

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I just went through this with some of my bridesmaids, as one has shorter hair. An easy thing for you to do would be to get some "bobby pin" type bling for your all your bridesmaids, as the ones with buns could stick these in their buns and the one with shorter hair could pull a few curls back and pin them with these. As for combs, it's difficult to say without knowing your friends' hair type whether these would stay. There is a method where you can take a section of hair and pin it in the opposite direction of growth in order to create a taut base for the comb, but it doesn't always work. Easier than a comb might be some blingy wing clips for your short hair bridesmaid.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Tou could use pins on the long hair and twist in spirals on the short hair

r

https://www.3djewellery.co.uk/index_files/hair_diamonds.htm

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

3d - how do those spirals stop in place?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

You put them where you want them to be against the head and then you twist them until they wind themselves into the hair. I had a bride who had the daisies on another forum and she said they were great stayed in all day and the groom had to take them all out for her that night. Personally I would say that if you just want the basic pin for the others then the £3.99 twists are fine for what you want for the other one.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I would have thought a diamante hair comb would work for all 3 girls. The ones with buns could have the comb stick just above their bun, or at the side. The one with shorter hair could sweep up one side of her hair & comb it above/behind 1 ear. Obviously depending on your budget/theme, I found these:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigate?ps=default&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&txt=comb&x=0&y=0#catalogId=10001&lid=//productsuniverse/en_GB/product_online%3DY/insearch%3D1/%24s%3Dcomb/categories%3C%7Bproductsuniverse_18661%7D&ps=default&sfn=CATEGORIES&sfv=Women&storeId=10001

https://www.bhs.com/mall/productpage.cfm/bhsstore/1169222/93924

• LilyGrace
    LilyGrace ·
    • Hide content

A comb would probably work or even a barette clip, here are some ideas for you

Let me know if I can help at all.

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

Hi Purple Pixie,

I agree a comb or pins would work well. I have several pearl/ diamante/ crystal pins on my site. Feel free to have a look!

These are my dana crystal pins which could be added to a bun or messy up do!

Kitty hair pin - I could make with just crystals.

Cristina hair comb

Here is the link for my hair pin section:

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Would you consider a flower, they usually have a crocodile clip to hold in place and would work for short hair x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics