Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2010

China wedding dress

jdeezimat, 12 of February of 2010 at 20:19 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi b2b and already brides. Has anyone bought a dress from china before and has reached them if yes, plis send me the link my budget and time is low so am desperate to get a dress asap. thanx ladies

19 replies

Latest activity by Karishma, 8 of February of 2021 at 05:27
  • thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Hello, personally im not a china bride but i know geordie barbie on here got a lovely dress from landy bridal in china and was very happy with it. if you google landy bridal you should find it. im sure theres a fewq others but off the top of my head i cant think of there names

• Cornelius
    Beginner
    Cornelius ·
    • Hide content

My dress is from China, i searched for the style i wanted on ebay and ordered off there, it arrived within 3-4 weeks. It cost me £89 and for that you cant go wrong (and even if something does, it's not a massive amount lost!)

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

I am not YET but plan to be. I.m going to order from yourbridalwear.com. The dress i want is over £1000 here and £155 from there. Someone on here did use them and said they were great but can't remember who it was.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Meeeee!! I'm a China girl!

I got mine from Landy Bridal and they were FAB. They list the dresses by designer which makes it really easy to find what you're looking for.

Mine's an Essense dress and was £979 in the shops but I got mine for jus under £165 including speedy shipping and VAT. It was shipped at 6.30pm on Saturday and they first tried to deliver just after 1.00pm on the Tuesday! I picked it up from the depot on the Tuesday night [Smiley smile}

It really is well made, has sewn in cups, boning and internal straps for support. The material is really good - my seamstress friend reckoned the material was over £10 a metre and she though there was over 6 metres so at least £60 of the money was the material!

I went dress shopping to check what I liked and the one. I was lucky that the designer was one that Landy did.

Designer pic and my dress...

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content

I've taken the plunge and ordered from mybridalwear.com. i did HEAPS of research on other wedding forums and also on here and have seen good reviews no bad ones.

I have felt more relaxed as now just waiting and as others have said even if its not quite right its not like I spent thousands or even hundreds!

x

• Steelgoddess
    Beginner June 2010
    Steelgoddess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats beautiful hun!! You must be so chuffed!!

• MrsWinwood2B
    Beginner April 2010
    MrsWinwood2B ·
    • Hide content

I too was pretty chuffed with my dress from Landy Bridal - it arrived within about a month of being ordered and would have cost a fortune if I'd bought it from Maggie Sottero! I'm sure it doesn't have the exact finish of a shop bought dress, but to me that didn't matter. I feel fabulous in it, no one is going to know the difference and I can spend the (massive!) cost difference on our honeymoon! Go for it!

• Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mrswinwood.

What Maggie did you get made if you dont mind me asking?

• C
    Beginner July 2010
    cbarlow ·
    • Hide content

Hi i bought my dress from china via bay of e and it only cost me 89 pounds recommendation though choose a made to measure dress and you will probably need a seemstress to do some alterations, my dress was stunning but is too large at the top however for the price im amazed.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from yourbridalwear.com and i love it. I'd tried on loads of dresses in the shops and altho they were all nice, I never thought Id find 'the one'.

But as soon as I tried on my dress from China I loved it. The quality is the same as any dress from the shop.

I say go for it!

• M
    Beginner September 2010
    mwnci_bach ·
    • Hide content

I am also hoping to be a Landy Bride! Thanks to Geordie Barbie, her dress is beautiful!!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Well i didnt get mine from china as i went to a closing down sale and picked up a wee bargain...but i go 2 a calligraphy class and the tutor's daughter is getting married this year also and she got hers from china. It is apparently gorgeous and only took about a month to come. She has just sent them the measurements of her BM's and is getting their dresses made to be the same style as hers but in a colour. I have to say they were very impressed with them.

Debs xo

• Mitzi50
    Beginner June 2010
    Mitzi50 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from china of bay of e and it was a disaster all round really so my advice would be against buying from bay of e but to go with one of the 'shops' like landy bridal.

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

OMG OMG OMG OMG Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for posting this!!!!!! I gave up on my perfect dress because of the wrong sample size and everything going wrong....... It was £700!

I just had a browse after reading this thread and found it for £144 OMG!!!!! Thank you!!! Im ordering tomoro!!!!!!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Good luck!! My only advice is to make sure you research the supplier well before ordering. I also had the back up plan of a contingency pot which would allow me to go and buy the real thing should the China one be a disatster. Thankfully - all was OK!! Whilst I knew the pot was there in case of absolute emergencys, I really didn't want to spend it ona dress!

Good luck!!

• L
    Beginner
    LooseLadie ·
    • Hide content

Im ordering it from Landy Bridal where you got your dress from?? so im just hoping all will be good. If not then there will be an emergency pot!! :o) xx

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Oooooh! Good luck! I had no probelms, hope you don't either!

I ordered the "made to maasure" size which did actually come out a little big but i'm getting it altered - afterall, you h ave to get the expensive ones altered.

I chatted to Lucy on MSN a few times, great service. Her English is so cute ?

• J
    Beginner August 2010
    jdeezimat ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for the comments, landy bridal it is. I will definately be ordering at least if it comes within a month i have 6months to get a back up.

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Jees, what is it with spam advertisers at the moment!!

GO AWAY AND READ THE RULES!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics