Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2018

London venues lower than £13k, including booze?

ExpensiveGreenBridesmaid839, 21 of June of 2017 at 10:58 Posted on Planning 0 5

Does anyone have any ideas for London venues that will cost less than £13k for the venue, catering and wine? I have received quotes from 20 venues, and I feel like they have colluded to all price themselves around £20k. We have 80 guests and I have not seen one place which is worth the average £200 pp we have been quoted.

These are just a selection of the quotes I have received so far:

• Stationer's Hall - we got a few quotes from caterers, all being about £16,000 or £200 pp.
  • Horniman Museum - £250 per person equivalent including no booze at all.
  • One Whitehall Place - £150 pp plus very expensive drinks.
  • Fulham Palace - Basically £230 pp not including any booze.
  • St John Restaurant - Basically £200 pp minimum spend
  • Roast - Basically £300 pp.
  • Belair House - Minimum £13k spend, but actual is much more.
  • Asia House - £120 pp plus extremely expensive drinks.

If I think about what I could get for a fancy dinner if I was spending £200 per person, it makes me feel really depressed that places want me to spend that for a crap wedding meal.

5 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveGreenBridesmaid839, 22 of June of 2017 at 15:29
  • P
    Beginner October 2018
    Pumpkin2017 ·
    • Hide content

London is an expensive place! Does it have to be a central location? Could you look further out into Surrey/Kent/Essex areas? You will probably find prices get a little cheaper the further out you go.

• E
    Beginner June 2018
    ExpensiveGreenBridesmaid839 ·
    • Hide content

I am used to London prices, but London wedding prices are ridiculous. I thought I had reached the pinnacle of overpriced London when buying a house - I wasn't expecting wedding prices. Some of the menus I've been sent I wouldn't pay £12 for in a pub.

I'm really keen to make it so that my guests from London can get home in the evening. I've been to weddings where I have had to spend £400+ to attend and always feel grumpy about it! I am happy to take on board the London-premium to avoid having my guests spend hundreds of pounds to travel for it.

The budget works out to be £162 per person - I thought this would go far and apparently nope, it doesn't. For the same price for a not-wedding, I could get a six course chef's table tasting menu at Dinner by Heston.

• S
    Beginner July 2017
    SunnyGoldHair813 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know much about London but my cousin lives there and he is getting married at the Wetland Centre in August. Looking at pics it looks nice!

• T
    Beginner October 2017
    TheOrganiseuse ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I'm getting married in London in October and I have managed to keep a decent budget by having the ceremony and reception in different places in the centre. There is a hire fee for the ceremony venue but then I found nice restaurants which only had a minimum spend and decent menus. We're having 30 guests in the end and it allows us to have more options for function rooms available in different restaurants, as well as spending less overall, obviously.

Did you have a look at different function rooms? http://www.canvas-events.co.uk/venues/function-room

Good luck with it Smiley smile

• H
    Beginner August 2017
    HappyBlueCars673 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at The Hospital Club in Covent Garden. We only have 60 guests, but even adding another 20 I'm sure it would fit within your budget.

• E
    Beginner June 2018
    ExpensiveGreenBridesmaid839 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. Thank you for refreshing my list! I was getting fatigue looking at the same places!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics