Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2020

Hi there!! ?

RunawayGretna , 20 of June of 2017 at 16:01 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi everyone! I thought I would post a little post to say hi and introduce myself a little. Me and my H2B have been togwther for 5 years, we have 2 children and another one due in December. We are planning on getting married summertime 2020... God that's an age away!!! But we wanted the youngest to be walking etc before we got married, still, it'll fly by.

So, we are running off to Gretna green to get married. Just me, him and the kids. There's a few reasons we are doing this. One is, OH doesn't speak to any member of his family. It would be very one sided if we got married at home. And another reason is, I've already been married. Had the big church wedding, blah blah. I don't feel as though I am taking anything away from my family by running off as they've all seen it once before, hahah. That, and I don't think I could handle the family stress that comes with it. Lol.

Are they're any other 2020 brides on here? Xx

10 replies

Latest activity by HappyBrownConfetti849, 23 of June of 2017 at 08:14
  • H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Well at least you know what you want! I don't think anyone would mind anyway.

Congratulations, I'm actually a 2018 bride but I figured I'd say hi Smiley smile

I would have eloped but the OH said his family would be greatly offended if we did

• R
    Beginner June 2020
    RunawayGretna ·
    • Hide content

Hi! *waves*

I think having done it before, puts things into propestive. My family and the ex's tired to take over and I ended up agreeing to things just to keep the peace. When at the end of it all, it was about us. I think having lost my dad since then has also helped withthe choice to just run off and do it and tell everyone when we come back. Lol

Super excited for it to happen, already started looking (just online) at dresses haha xx

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Well at least you're standing up for yourself this time, sorry about your dad though x

Its a teeny bit early for dress shopping! Anything you like could be discontinued before the big day!

It is good to research what you like and get some ideas.

I bought a dress from another bride, i got to try it on yesterday and I'm happy with it. Needs a couple of minor alterations, but its basically 90% done. She dry cleaned it for me and threw in the veil to match so i got a total bargain Smiley laugh

• R
    Beginner June 2020
    RunawayGretna ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, not gonna go buy or even trying on for a while yet. Gotta have baby and then shift the baby weight first lol. But I love looking, my mind changes weekly haha.

Oh brilliant!!! It's always a great bonus when things get thrown in, and top marks for it already been dry cleaned! It's so exciting! What s your dress like? X

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah extras are fab haha, she couldn't store it so chucked it in.

Its a Mori Lee, a line, strapless (at the moment ) in champagne with ivory lace over the top and some beading to give a bit of sparkle. Pretty much everything i wanted (minus straps).

A lot of brides change their mind a lot, key things to figure out (though it can be hard without trying on) is silhouette and budget, the rest you'll pretty much know it when you see it

• R
    Beginner June 2020
    RunawayGretna ·
    • Hide content

I had major wobbles over my dress when I got married the first time round. I had brought it a year before the wedding and it was kept at the shop. For months I doubted if it was the right one or not. You sometimes alter the image in your head after so long of not seeing it. Lol. I'm loving lace at the moment. My last one was satin, so I think it's gonna be lace. It's just the style. I've seen so many different ones that it's gonna be fun when I do go trying on dresses lol.

Oh lovely!! She does some amazing dresses!!! Bet you can't wait for the big day to arrive. When is it you're getti g married? X

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a huge fan of lace too, it just feels weddingy... plus there aren't many ways you can wear lace day to day so it feels special

My wedding is in May next year so I'm pretty much counting down.

I found my silouhette at my first dress appointment, i tried on a few different dresses, even encouraged the consultants to throw me a curve ball -they made me try on the biggest puffiest dress in the shop. .. i don't think i tried a mermaid, but ball gown was too big and sheath/column looked like a nightie so a line was the one i liked best. I was originally going for a tea length, but now the groom is in a fancy tailcoat so i needed to get a long dress haha

• R
    Beginner June 2020
    RunawayGretna ·
    • Hide content

There are so many pretty lace dresses! And you're right, there aren't many times you can wear lace.

A line is a lovely style! I like that and mermaid (though I've never tried on a dress like that lol) it's really hard though as things look so different in a hanger to what they do off. I think getting them to throw all sorts of styles at you is good, because there are so many that you wouldn't think would look good but actually do.

Fancy tailcoat? Nice! All whistles and bells and why not. It's a once in a life time day (normally) why not go all out and full on.

May will be here before you know it. This year is flying by and it'll be Christmas before we know it! Xx

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Wedding dresses have absolutely no hanger appeal -most of them look awful until you try them on!

Yeah he absolutely lit up at the suit shop so that was that, it's nice that he gets to feel special too.

I've really been trying to encourage him that it's our wedding not my wedding like some other brides seem to do.

Its just frustrating when he turns around with the "whatever you want, I'm happy as long as you show up" card and then after I've planned said aspect out he comes in with an opinion, which means i redo it haha

• R
    Beginner June 2020
    RunawayGretna ·
    • Hide content

Haha typical bloke! That's good that you're making sure it's our day, so many bloke just end up having what the bride wants, and having no input that's it's good he's speaking up, even if it is after you've gone ahead and sorted stuff. It's a partnership at the end of the day. Mine said he wanted to run off to Vegas to get hitched but when I told him how much that would cost he soon changed his mind and was all for Gretna.

Be he can't wait to put his suit on!

True, most dresses look horrid on the hanger. But then, some of the ones with models don't look right as they do them silly poses. X

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I completely agree, and at least you managed to compromise haha.

I don't know why the models twist themselves up like that, you end up wondering what shape the dress is haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics