Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2017

Photographer gift...

HappyRedStationery700, 25 of April of 2017 at 23:28 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

We have a friend of my family doing the photos for our wedding as a favour. As a thank you gift, I was thinking about getting him an engraved pocket watch. Does this sound ok? "Name. Thank you for capturing our special moments in time. Love, names xxx". Or would you word it differently? Thanks in advance! Xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon, 27 of April of 2017 at 21:53
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I'm a photographer, though not a male one!

Personally, I think a pocket watch is the kind of thing that would not be used. Sort of a nice gesture but not really a useful gift.

One thing I'd like is a Trackr - they can be hidden in a camera bag or attached to the strap and it helps you find the camera if it's stolen.

https://store.thetrackr.com/bravo/checkout/#step1

Personalised camera straps are a cool gift too!

• millbankandkent
    millbankandkent ·
    • Hide content

I agree Paula, that sounds a fantastic gift.

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I think a pocket watch sounds like a lovely gift especially as it's for a family friend. It would be something thoughtful that that they keep and will remind them of the day. What your going to have engraved on it sounds perfect.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

What about - still going down the engraving route but get a vintage camera off ebay, a nice one with lots of metal surface where you could get it engraved, that then could be displayed in his office on the shelf standing up whereas a pocket watch nice as it is (if it were me) would live in a draw ---sorry?

May even be cheaper that a watch, doesn't matter on the make of camera, just one that looks nice and that has a good place to engrave, I have had a look for you and there is some good options to use

• H
    Beginner May 2017
    HappyRedStationery700 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the opinions/ideas. As we have a vintage theme for the wedding, I'll check out the vintage cameras and see if they're in our price range. That's something I hadn't thought of and would be another potential option. I wouldn't be able to get anything too big, as he doesn't have an office. Although he has a professional camera he's not actually a photographer as a career, it's just a hobby. He's generally into wildlife photography, but doing our photos as a favour since we lost our professional photographer when we had to postpone, and couldn't afford the others. Thanks again for your comments!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

There are so many types and sizes to chose from

If you would like to send me an email from my website I would be happy to send you a few links to ones that I think would be a good choice if I were to be receiving it, I can not post direct links to selling sites on here

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics