Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner April 2016

Ghost Town

Pooba, 6 of December of 2016 at 13:54 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 17

Some may remember me - got married earlier this year and stopped logging on a few months back. Decided to pop back and check out what's been happening and answer is: not a lot!

I know topics were starting to wane by the time I left the scene, but I find it so sad just how quiet the forum has become - not just OT, but even WP is pretty barren.

I've been looking back at the conversations and threads I was involved in and it almost brings tears to my eyes (okay, over-exaggerating a little) how helpful and friendly and brilliant the discussions were and it does make me upset that things are much less active nowadays.

There's no real point to this topic and no doubt I'll slink off with my tail between my legs once I log out shortly, but yeah, it's just made me #totesemoshe.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Love to all!

17 replies

Latest activity by Gurzle, 19 of March of 2017 at 15:36
  • DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

It's a shame. I lurked for a while before posting and there's been a massive decline in posters. I think it's coz we don't get email notifications anymore. I defo don't check as much coz I forget what conversations I've been involved in.

Still - people are still helpful and there's a few people posting regularly in the 2017 thread so I can't really complain!

Happy Christmas to you too!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

*waves* Hi Pooba! I remember you!

You're right, it's tailed off loads here recently... such a shame as it was really quite buzzing when I first joined. I do think it has to do with lack of e-mail notifications- they reminded me where I'd posted and encouraged me to continue conversations... now it's hit and miss whether I see responses to threads I've started or joined in with.

I'm hoping the 2016 awards will pep things up a bit- get yourself over there Mrs.... nominate yourself for loads!

Hope married life is suiting you well x

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi Pooba! I still log on but yes it's extremely quiet at the moment. Those email notifications were really useful weren't they? I've entered the hitched awards... well some of them..... no point entering my snowboots in best shoes. As the first 2016 bride it feels years ago and in three weeks we go back to Lapland for our anniversary. And exciting... attending a wedding in 'our chapel's that I helped someone plan. Can't wait. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas. Xx

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Hi pooba

I remember you and like you have rarely been back since I got married. although I think I'd lost the love of this place before and I've found other places to spend my online time..Facebook groups are a wonderful thing. I never even did a wedding report and I fully meant to.

Oh well 7 months down the line I won't bother but it was a great day!

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Pooba! I remember you, but you should definitely look into adding yourself into the awards at least.

I really miss the good/bad week segments in OT, but I suppose like previous posters said about the lack of email notifications, it's hard to keep up with what you've replied to.

• L
    LuxuriousPurpleDecor685 ·
    • Hide content

Hello everyone, I'm new member to this forum, Merry Christmas to you all!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Hi welcome to hitched. Merry Christmas x

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone!

So nice to see names I recognise - and some new ones too!

The email notifications really were helpful and yes, I think you're all right that losing those sounded the death knell. Such a shame.

I shall pop on over to look at the awards. I don't see me winning anything (cue emotional blackmail, mwah ha ha) but it would be good to recap and look over the weddings of 2016. Scary stuff, thinking back to what I was like this time last year...!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't believe your Wedding was almost a year ago Jayne! I remember getting excited about it like it was yesterday!

I try to post regularly to keep everything active, but I miss the email notifications Smiley sad

Jayne - please enter the best shoes category! ?

Pooba - How could we forget you? Smiley smile Don't be a stranger - I'll keep an eye out for your nominations Smiley smile

xx

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I was a member from way back when haha! (Well it feels like that). So ive pretty much missed everyone joining/getting hitched from 2015 and 2016. And i totally agree on the ghost town comment. This place was buzzing when i joined, and too decided to pop back on to see whats been happening. I cant believe the changes, quietness of the place.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Jayne, your anniversary has been and gone! Sorry I missed it. How was Lapland Part II?!

Little Snowflake - good to hear from you. I seem to remember reading your story; hope you're okay.

Happy New Year to everybody!

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I returned too but I get really disappointed when there's not much to go on, keep trawling to try and find new posts!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Loved it Pooba.lots of northern lights! I'm addicted lol. Will be going again 2019 as what I wanted was booked for this year. So much Arctic...So little time!

• Tilly Floss
    Tilly Floss ·
    • Hide content

I'm a poster from Long long ago. I was just wondering if I still had a log in. And I'm surprised to find I do!

• slightlymad
    Beginner
    slightlymad ·
    • Hide content

And another checking to see if I still had an account... long ago member!

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    Kellfi ·
    • Hide content

Thought I'd say hello as well. It's sure died a death. What a shame

• catarina
    Beginner
    catarina ·
    • Hide content

Also a hitcher from the past seeing if I could still post. Such a shame it's become so quiet when it used to move so fast you could barely keep up reading, let alone replying!

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

Yep I'm from long ago, too - just logged on for the first time in years!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics