Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2018

Maid of honour changes!

LuxuriousRedDecor701, 19 of November of 2016 at 23:37 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0

Hi,

Not sure this is in the right place? Im just looking for others peoples view on something. My best friend got engaged 18 months ago and is getting married early 2017. She asked me to be moh and i was delighted. She has a younger sister who wasnt thrilled about this but seemed to eventually respect her sisters decision. Ive just been informed by my friend that her sister has recently kicked off about it again so to keep the peace my friend has made us both maids of honour. I wwas totally fine with this and my friend told me that she done it because she felt sorry for her sis and to keep the peace because her sister had been moaning to others about it. Now my friend has said that she will get her sister to sign the register and a few other moh duties. It feels so less special now and im really disappointed. I know its her day and i dont want to say anything to stress her out more than she already is but as ive already planned her hen do (with very little input from her sister because she was still annoyed about me being asked to be moh) it just feels like a major kick to the teeth! I just want to know how others might feel in my situation? Am i being selfish for feeling this way? Would it be selfish of me to suggest i step down from moh and let her sister enjoy the moh title solely? I did suggest this to my friend but she said she absolutely didnt want this and that i was the main maid and would be doing all the important moh duties but now it seems im not?Any advice would be much appreciated.

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ยท
    • Hide content

I know it's disappointing to suddenly have to share the duties - especially with someone who's only helping because she kicked off - but it's just one of these things I'm afraid. I'm not having a MOH as I have my sister and sister-in-law as my bridesmaids, but my sister has sort of stepped into the role. She's organising my hen, she's been texting me ideas and stuff and she's signing the register. She's sitting at the top table as well but only coz SIL has kids.

The point is there are still lots of things you can do - especially when it comes to supporting your friend and getting involved in the fun stuff (like wedding fayres and dress shopping!) so just try and enjoy what you are doing and don't stress about the sister too much.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics