Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephisaur
Beginner April 2017

Wedding Menu Tasting (inc. Flashes)

Stephisaur, 24 of October of 2016 at 14:32 Posted on Planning 0 8

I'm writing this in the hopes it helps other Brides in the future!

We had our Menu Tasting at our Wedding Venue yesterday (Hogarth's Hotel, Solihull) and it was great.

This is how it worked for us:

We were invited along to one of the venue's taster meals. We were able to bring additional guests with us, so we took my parents and h2b's Mum, making 5 of us in total. This meant we were able to try 5 dishes out of 7 for each course. Result! We were told to arrive at 2.30pm for food service at 3pm.

Our tasting was in a small room, along with 4 other tables of people. They were mostly couples but there was also a family of 3 as one couple had brought their son along.

We pre-selected our choices in advance, and these were brought to us at the table.

During the meal, we were also given the opportunity to try the house wines, which was very helpful as it turned out we didn't like them!

We were given a sheet to give feedback on, which the venue are going to keep a copy of in our file.

Now to make you all hungry, here are some pictures! Some are upside down or sideways, but I have no idea why lol

Starters

Chicken Liver Parfait

Smoked Salmon Roulade

Pea Soup

Tomato & Shallot Tart

Ham Hock Terrine

Mains

Braised Beef

Glazed Lamb

Herb Roasted Chicken

Roast Salmon

Butternut Squash Frittata

Dessert

Chocolate Mousse

Blueberry Cheesecake

Poached Pear

Baked Alaska

Maple Syrup Sponge

8 replies

Latest activity by Stephisaur, 24 of October of 2016 at 19:45
  • Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

That all looks amazing! Are you any closer to deciding what you'll go for?

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

We decided we need to go for the choice menu, which is an extra £5 per person (joy)

These are the choices we're going for Smiley smile

Starters

Parfait

Salmon Roulade

Tomato Soup (safer than the pea we sampled we think)

Mains

Blade of Beef

Glazed Lamb Shank

Roasted Salmon

Dessert

Chocolate Mousse

Blueberry Cheesecake

Poached Pear

These were the standout dishes of the day, so we thought it would be best this way. We have about 3 vegetarians, but they all eat fish so we think they'll be ok with the choices Smiley smile

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

Yum! That all looks so tasty!

We're away off from our menu tasting as we're 18 months away but I can't wait for our menu tasting!

The menu tasting is a similar format to yours and we're able to have 6 people so will be able to try most of the choices, we don't have the option of a choice menu for the wedding so we will pick the ones that we love the most and then go from there.

I bet you can't wait now!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

It was all gorgeous! Very happy overall Smiley smile

We weren't sure at all what to expect from the tasting, which is why I thought I'd share Smiley smile

Good luck when you do go to your tasting! We probably could have narrowed it down, but when 5 of you can't agree what hope do 50 have lmao

x

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes great idea for you to share to give us an idea of what happens as I'm not really sure what to expect!

I have no idea how we're going to narrow it down tbh! I just think we'll have to go for the things that we love and if it's not too out there, most of our family and friends should be fine with it!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think we over thought it a little if I'm honest! If we'd HAD to choose, I think it would have been Parfait / Beef / Chocolate for the main menu and Soup / Salmon / Chocolate for the Vegetarians. It just felt a little too restrictive though!

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I know what you mean, i'd rather have the choice and H2B was completely shocked when I said everyone would have the same and not a choice, i'm sure he thinks it's just like a restaurant and everyone can order whatever! I'm sure once we've tasted them all we'll know which ones we like!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I consider myself a fussy eater and was going to say I would eat every single main and dessert and miss the starter. No problem. Bread is good! Then you swopped pea soup for tomato. Sorted. I would be a happy bunny. My only problem would be choosing!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That makes me so happy Jayne!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics