Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2016

I hate how I look on my wedding photos

SunnyYellowDiamonds582, 12 of September of 2016 at 08:41 Posted on Just Married 0 10

After being married 2 months I finally

received my wedding photos and I am starting to regret all the decisions I made from the wedding , from the bridesmaids dresses to the colour scheme , due to really sunny day there not one photo I like of

me and my partner as we are either stuggling to smile due to sun in our eyes or look like we are not looking at the camera , I don't feel this is the photographer fault as he has capture some lovely ones of the family and friends , but I feel they look better than I did ,

my curls fell out my hair but on the trail they lasted 2 days think this was due to the humidity , same with my make up im not one for loads of makeup trail was lovely on day felt I wasn't me too

much makeup but time was pushing for our big day so I didn't say anything to makeup lady and that another one of my biggest regrets ,

i cant stop crying over them im

so upset , shown couple

of friends they say there fine but feel they are saying that so I don't feel bad , but only I know my makeup is not me and only

i know how nice my hair was for the trial and how it lasted also I have sun tan lines I didn't even know I had that stick out so much on professional photos and where my watch had been have a white patch on my arm , as we was rushed I forgot

my jewellery and can totally see my dress needed that , I'm even more

gutted how much I spent on my wedding day and feel I nothing to show for it as I'm embarrassed to show these photos, some

people may say I'm being to picky but it's how I feel

10 replies

Latest activity by Mywedddingmyday, 4 of November of 2016 at 21:37
  • S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Dont be sad, after sveral years, it'll be memorable moment

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

In my opinion you pay a lot of money for a professional photographer rather have a friend taking snaps so that photographer should have known the sun was in your eyes etc. and moved you. You could tell your photographer you aren't happy but if you feel he missed up one set I wouldn't isk him with another.

I think you should get your dress back on and your jewellery now it's not so hot, find a nice park or woods and book a different photographer o to a couple of hours post wedding shoot of just you and your husband. You can use some of the group shots etc but most photos we put up are just us two so you can keep those for the nicer ones.

I married in the dark so had more photose taken the next day in daylight and I love them. You could have some beautiful shots done and won't be worried about keeping your dress pristine either.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Is it every photo you hate or just some? There are photos of me where I look awful (especially the ones where I'm having my make up done, puffy eyes and so unattractive haha) but they aren't album photos they are photos for me only that remind me of the conversations we were having and the memories we were making at that moment. You will never have 100% of your photos that you like especially when there is the odd natural one where your mid talking or eating. My hair fell out on my wedding day slightly as it caught on the buttons on my dress and I didn't tie my cloak tight enough and I wore the wrong make up for my next day shoot but there is nothing you can do to correct that so you need to change the way you look at your album. I felt a tad like this when I got mine back as you only ever seen the perfect photos and don't expect to see a few with a double chin or squinting eyes and part of it is that it's over. If you hate every photo then I would consider a re shoot if it's just a few then it's perfectly natural. Pick the ones you love and turn them into an album the rest can be left to one side and start to look at them as memories rather than awful photos xx

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Even if you complain to the photograpger, the moment won't repeat

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ask the person who shot your wedding if they can photoshop it for you, - if they cant then I can do it for you.

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

Hey, just wanted to pop in and reassure you that someone completely gets what you're going through.

I'm fortunate that I am back to being 100% happy with my day but his shots did have me wondering for a while if maybe *I* had done something wrong if he was able to make other peoples' days look so amazing and something must have been bad with mine if the photos aren't as good. I had chosen everything, planned the timings out and got them okay'd by everyone. The weather was meant to be great for photography (overcast but dry) and yet there was a lot to be desired in the set of photos we got.

I'm actually now seeing if I can follow up with any further action to get my payments back, but do NOT doubt your day. I'm sure that it was amazing and full of family and friends and your husband all being happy and excited.

If it helps, none of my friends or family have been able to tell me the photos are ok to make me feel better and I'm managing to get past it, you will too I'm sure of it!

• H
    Beginner March 2017
    HappyGoldConfetti666 ·
    • Hide content

Don't be upset , you will have different feelings after several years.

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mitteltobe ·
    • Hide content

Sunny gold diamond, I am so sorry for you. I can't imagine how upset you must be feeling but please don't think there's nothing you can do. You can definitely get the tan lines photoshopped out.... if your photographer won't do it then look elsewhere and I would seriously think about asking for some compensation to cover the price of that.

I also agree with Jayne E's suggestion of going to a park and having some more pictures done. Imagine how amazing they'd be now in the autumn!!

I got married in Ibiza and a or of my pictures have me and/or my husband squinting but we kind of expected that and appreciates having the beautiful wedding.

We then put our outfits back on for a party in the U.K. 2 weeks later And it was torrential rain so my hair and dress got wrecked but I had to suck it up and remember how much fun I had.

Please don't look back on the photos with sadness, this was the biggest day of your life and I'm sure it was amazing xx

• M
    Beginner June 2016
    Mitteltobe ·
    • Hide content

I've just realised you're sunny YELLOW diamonds, not gold... sorry!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think you can fairly expect your photographer to compensate you for something out of their control. But what you can do is ask if they would be able t do it, explaining how you wish you would of remembered and if they truly cared for their brides they would at least try to do something.

I once photoshoped every picture with the bride in because her hairdresser did not do a good enough job with a side parting which split and fell down.

• M
    Beginner November 2017
    Mywedddingmyday ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear! I hope in time you'll be able to pick a few photos that you like, and would be happy to show your friends and family?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics