Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner January 2018

Suggestion needed for Wedding dress after weight loss

SunnyRedDiamonds663, 24 of July of 2016 at 13:31 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 2

Hi

I am planning to lose 20 pound before my wedding date. Any suggestion for sizing when choose a wedding dress. I am size 18 shall I go one size down?

Thanks

Alice

2 replies

Latest activity by samwillow, 3 of August of 2016 at 12:48
  • 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Personally, and speaking from experience, I wouldn't go too much smaller than you are now- a wedding dress can always be altered DOWN several sizes if needed by a good seamstress, but you can't ADD size to a too small dress!

I bought my dress (which I still absolutely adore!) on a whim, having been REALLY ill with a stomach bug and having lost a stone.... needless to say, that stone has gone back on (and some, oops!!) and now I am in a position where I absolutely HAVE to loose weight before our wedding in order to get into my dress again.

Sadly I am one of those people who find it REALLY hard to loose weight when I have to.... if I kind of think I might like to, but with no real reason, I don't struggle, but going on a diet because I HAVE to just sends me heading for the chocolate sauce to go on the lettuce!

I'm just starting to worry that I've spent a significant amount of money on a dress that I adore that I won't actually be able to slim down enough to wear..... but that hasn't stopped me eating cake and drinking wine tonight! Double Ooops!

I guess what I'm saying in a nutshell is to be really realistic about how much weight you can actually loose (which may be different from how much you'd like to loose!) and err on the side of caution, remembering a dress can be taken in LOADS but not let out by much!

Good luck with the weight loss! If you find a 'magic diet' that really works, do let me know! ?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I bought a dress six months before my wedding and just after I finished Chemo (lowest weight ever!). Keeping to that weight for six months was the hardest thing ever and I did put some weight back on and ended up with a very tight dress. I agree that I would buy the size you are now and pay for alterations because it's better than feeling under pressure and cheaper than the cost of a new dress. Weddings are stressful enough.

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Maybe you can ask the bridal shop, they must really know about it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics