Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner May 2017

27th May 2017 when to send save the dates?

Danielle1305, 14 of November of 2015 at 08:09 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi Everyone

We are getting married may 2017 and just wondered when you send save the dates? We have booked the Church, reception venue, photographer and when brought my wedding dress eeekk!!! Thank you all

15 replies

Latest activity by MrsJ_ToBe, 2 of December of 2015 at 13:18
  • E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

We sent our out 12 months before and we're getting married on 21st of May 2016. That should be ample amount of time.

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married the same day as you. I was going to send my save the dates out with my xmas cards

• E
    Beginner March 2017
    elliek92 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married March '17 and are sending our save the dates with our Christmas cards to save on postage!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in April 2017, and sending our save the dates out a year before. I'll probably do a Facebook event for friends or hand deliver theirs, to save on postage, and just post them out to family members/friends who don't have the internet and don't live locally.

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsGtobe2017 ·
    • Hide content

We are also getting married 27th May 2017!!! We were thinking to give ours out March/ April. I've already given a few out when people have come round and been talking about the wedding but I'm putting a stop to that now in case people see them on others fridge and wonder why they don't have one!

• D
    Beginner May 2017
    Danielle1305 ·
    • Hide content

Wowwww a date twin!!!! Lovely that's when I was thinking around March. What have you done so far if you don't mind me asking? X

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

The point of save the dates is to give people loads of notice. I think you should put a card in with the Christmas cards you send out this year.

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsGtobe2017 ·
    • Hide content

So far we have booked the church, reception venue, photographer, wedding car, centrepiece hire and 3ft love letters hired. Next on the list to do is book a dj which I'm finding hard because I don't know if they are any good or not.

• D
    Beginner May 2017
    Danielle1305 ·
    • Hide content

Wowww your doing well!! How much was your Love letters? If you don't mind me asking? That's another bing I've booked Horse and Carriage :-)

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsGtobe2017 ·
    • Hide content

I got them on offer for £100 they should be £200. There was an open day at my venue and the venue dresser was there who will be doing my chair covers as part of my wedding package, so I asked what discount I could get for booking on that day and she has also thrown in for free small light up mr & mrs sign which i'll put somewhere in the room (she said top table but I don't like that idea ha) and I booked the centre pieces with her which she gave me 10% off.

Wedding fayres and open days are good to go to for discounts. I had looked into the car hire company that I've booked and then saw they were at a wedding fayre near me so I waited to book it there so I could get discount. WOW horse & carriage will look amazing, I never even thought of that for transport!

• D
    Beginner May 2017
    Danielle1305 ·
    • Hide content

Wow that's such good discount!!! Yeah well I've always been into horses so it seemed like the perfect transport and it was £595 that includes picking me up from my house taking me to church, then taking me and husband :-) somewhere for pics either beach or in a lovely top field they own and then we will get someone to pick us up and take to reception (too far for horse) xx

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married April 2017 and planning to send them with this years Xmas cards Smiley smile

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

We were debating this today! We are getting married end of April 2017 and had intended on sending save the dates with Christmas cards, then invitations in April....though wonder if that's too early, and should actually send Save The Dates April and invitations August time?

Also, what's the right etiquette - do save the dates go to everyone, evening and day guests? Or just day guests. We've got a few people who are hovering between the two lists at the mo!

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

We only sent save the dates to our close friends and family, so not even all of the day guests. Guest lists can change, sometimes there are people you lose contact with, which is why we only sent save the dates out to the people we were 100% certain about.

We're sending out invitations for day guests this week (getting married May 2016), that way if we get some people who can't attend, we can bump up some evening guests to the full day. We thought it would be less awkward than sending out an evening invitation and then six weeks later saying "actually could you come for the whole day?".

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wouldn't send evening only guests a save the date or they may expect to be getting an invitation to the whole day then be disappointed when they don't get one.

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content

We're still going for save the dates with Xmas cards for guests who are coming to both day & evening. Will hold off on evening only till nearer the time Smiley smile I might even hold back a few save the dates for some people that we've not 100% decided on so as not to raise expectations. It's a fine art is this wedding planning!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics