Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fleur88
Beginner March 2016

March 2016 Brides...

Fleur88, 11 of August of 2015 at 17:48 Posted on Planning 0 142

Hi, I can see lots of other threads for 2016 Brides in different months and I thought I would start one for March brides to see how everyone is getting on in their planning with only 7 months to go!

***List of Brides***

4th - KinkyBride

5th - BuryBride

11th - FutureMrsA2016

11th - MrsLloyd2b

12th - FutureMrsJB

18th - SunnyIvoryStationery252

19th - gemmaandchris

19th - Yvetterob

24th - Fleur88

24th - MrsMtobe2016

26th - 2016springbride

26th - DiscoCharlie

26th - EasterBridePortchester2016

26th - Mrsnmac2016

26th UnionJackLove

28th - MrsJ2016

29th - LuxuriousBlueFlowers282

142 replies

Latest activity by BuryBride, 31 of March of 2016 at 22:23
  • G
    Beginner March 2016
    gemmaandchris ·
    • Hide content

Hi! Getting married 19th March! So far have sorted:

Church

Reception

Wedding dress + shoes

Photographer

Videographer

Bridesmaids dresses

Invitations

Make-up

Cars

Photobooth

Notice given

Honeymoon deposit paid

Hen party weekend chosen and accommodation booked

Florist is my mum and my friend who is a hairdresser is doing my hair

Thank you presents and favours have been chosen, just need to buy them in the next few months.

Rings are getting bought at the end of the month.

Still need to organise the suit hire, hopefully get this sorted in September.

When you write it down, it actually is a lot that we've got sorted!

• F
    Beginner March 2016
    FutureMrsJB ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

This is my first post... I'm getting married 12th March 2016. We have sorted most things:

Venue, Registrar, Dress, Bridesmaid dresses, Suits, Rings, Photographer, hair and make-up, Flowers.

We are choosing the wedding cake on friday. I have started my DIY for the wedding and last weekend I hosted a girly afternoon with female family and friends where we started making invitations and I supplied wine and snacks which was great fun.

At the weekend I also recieved my invite to my secret hendo which my sister is organizing, which has a kit list of things I need to bring, including formal evening wear, old sports clothes and trainers to get dirty and swimming costume. All I know is we are off to Manchester on the train for two nights. I am very excited for it now but I have no idea what we will be doing for the weekend.

What is everyone else doing for their hen party?

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

We're March 4th and have so far sorted:

• Dress
    • Suit
    • Flowers
    • Registrar
    • Notice
    • Reading almost decided
    • Cake
    • Save the dates, invites and lotto ticket favour holders/cards
    • Table centres
    • Honeymoon
    • Venue
    • Accommodation
    • Hair
    • Makeup
    • Guests

We've also decided on rings but haven't ordered them yet.

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

It looks like everyone is quite well organised so far!

We got engaged 2 years ago and I can't believe that it's only 7 months to go! I actually feel like I can start getting properly excited now Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

Hey Marchies!! I'm getting married on 11th March, 7 months today!!! I think it's going to whiz by.

So far we've sorted out the following:

Venue (includes food)

Hotel for wedding night

Dress

Bridesmaid and flower girl dresses

Florist

DJ

Magician

Centrepieces

Cake

Hair and MUA

Transport

Photographer

Chair covers and sashes

notice given

registrar booked

Save the dates went out in May when we booked the venue, will start making the invites soon.

Can I ask, when are you sending out your invites for day and evening guests?

Xxx

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    Mrsnmac2016 ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married on the 26th march and omg we are so behind you all ?

so far we have:

booked and paid the deposit for the church

booked and paid for the reception

Bought both our wedding rings (20% off at H.samuals last week plus we had a £25 voucher ? )

bearing in mind we only decided on a date last month ?

trying to get my 3 bridesmaids together at the end of next month to go dress shopping for us all. im struggling to find car hire in our area and also photographers that will only do a few hours, not getting married until 4 o'clock and dont want any photos at the reception so only need someone for 3hrs max

need to find kilt hire for 6 people that live all over the country, and also some where that does the tartan we need

only got 7.5 months to go, and starting to panic we wont have everything ready..... i know we will but im such a worrier and just want everything right ?

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    Mrsnmac2016 ·
    • Hide content

Ooppps how could i forget my lovely matron of honour has booked and paid for our hotel for our wedding night, as a wedding gift ❤️

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We ordered our invites from vistaprint and we are going to be sending them out in November so that hopefully we can get most responses by Christmas and then can chase in January.

The evening invites will go out in January with an RSVP for February, as there are some people who we could move up to the day depending on the responses we get from people who are travelling from abroad Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Fleur, I was thinking about getting the RSVPs in before Christmas takes over. But wasn't sure if everyone would think I was a bit crazy sending them out so early. We're making ours ourselves so might send them out last week of October/first week of November. Not looking forward to chasing everyone, from other posts I've read it can be a nightmare!

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Welcome to Hitched!

It sounds like you are well organised with the DIY stuff. I have done a few bits too over the last few weeks and it's nice to have the personal touch!

I am going to see a matinee musical at the theatre and then I imagine that we will go out for dinner and a night out after but that part I am leaving to my bridesmaids to organise!

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's the reason why we are sending ours out around that time! Hopefully people will RSVP in their Christmas cards so we won't have to chase many ?

• G
    Beginner March 2016
    gemmaandchris ·
    • Hide content

We are sending ours out on 1st November approx with RSVP 1st December - we need to know approximate numbers 3 months before, and accomodation is to be booked about 8 weeks before.

Ideally we would send them out over December but I'm worried people will forget with Christmas coming up Smiley sad

• D
    Beginner March 2016
    DiscoCharlie ·
    • Hide content

Hi! This is my first time posting, although I've been lurking for a little while.

We're getting married on March 26th and have sorted the following so far:

Venue (catering included)

Registrar

given notice

my dress

bridesmaids dresses

rings ordered and deposit put down

photographer

hair and make up

provisionally sorted centre pieces and chair covers

Still need to sort:

invitations

flowers

honeymoon

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi DiscoCharlie! Welcome to Hitched!

It seems like most people are at the same stage of planning which is reassuring!

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsJ2016 ·
    • Hide content

28 March for us. We've sorted venue, photographer, band and dj, harpist (for ceremony and drinks reception) cake, florist, my dress, suits and invitations.

I still need to sort my bridesmaid's dress; I'm only having one but that doesn't make it any easier. I want to get her something she is comfortable in and can wear again (although she isn't a very dressy person) but she justs says she'll wear anything. Her only stipulation is she wants flat shoes!! I also need to sort hair amd make up.

We only started arranging things in May but I can't believe how the time is flying already!!

• B
    Beginner March 2016
    BuryBride ·
    • Hide content

Hello everyone.

We are well behind. Only decided to get married in June so all we have is our Venue, photographer and given notice!

Just tried on a dress for the second time this afternoon and think it will be the one!

Still so much to do!!!

We get married March 5th

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

I have edited my first post to list all of the brides active on this thread, and I will keep updating it as new brides join the thread!?

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

Good work Fleur! There's quite a few more March brides on the 2016 list so hopefully they'll all find this post too. Be good to have support from brides at the same stage of planning! Xxx

• Yvetterob
    Beginner March 2016
    Yvetterob ·
    • Hide content

19th March for us. Do far we have

venue (includes food, chair covers etc)

photographer

my dress and shoes

bridesmaid dresses to be made around November time

invites arrived yesterday so I can add sparkle to them

cake a friend is making also doing hair

doing own makeup as very fussy

given notice

disco by family member as wedding present

flowers currently being made as having silk flowers

cant think of anything thing else I have done.

Hope all is going well for everyone

• G
    Beginner March 2016
    gemmaandchris ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like were all well on with things now!

• Yvetterob
    Beginner March 2016
    Yvetterob ·
    • Hide content

It's crazy to think that in 7 months it will be here. I've just spent the last hour adding ribbon to my invites and ran out of ribbon. 13 down lots to go. Getting sparkles at the weekend as the other half wants some input in that too.

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

When are you sending out your invitations Yvetterob?

• Yvetterob
    Beginner March 2016
    Yvetterob ·
    • Hide content

Thinking of sending them end of September beginning of October but rsvp is by January. I'm sending out early as have family and friends coming down from London and Portsmouth.

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    Mrsnmac2016 ·
    • Hide content

Yvetterob, funny i've started my invites tonight, ive wrestled with the printer a million times wasted loads of paper but managed to get 16 made got around another 50 to make but i think me and the printer are now friends just means i need another trip to hobby craft ?

• Yvetterob
    Beginner March 2016
    Yvetterob ·
    • Hide content

Ah I had mine printed via 123print. And I'm just adding to them. I'm off to hobbycraft at the weekend. The other half loves the place. Lol

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

So it looks like we are going to have to find a new photographer with 7 months to go!?

We booked our photographer 2 years in advance and we were really happy with the deal we got and everything that was included in our package, but over the last few months I've been having doubts about continuing with this supplier.

First they never updates their facebook/blog which might not seem a big deal but there has literally been nothing for ages and the page disappeared for a while too which made me uneasy.

Next, we found out they had closed their studio and they didn't even e-mail us to let us know or anything to put our minds at rest.

Their website has totally disappeared from the internet so you can't even google them anymore.

My partner rang them a few days ago and it turns out they have sold their photobooth equipment which was part of our deal.

To top it off they have asked us to send them a copy of our contract with them as they have lost their copy.

It goes to show that organising things so far in advance can have serious drawbacks!

• FutureMrsA2016
    Beginner March 2016
    FutureMrsA2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone

lovely to see a place for March brides to come together. I'm getting married on the 11th of March. Wedding has been booked for 15 months and it has flew in.

things I've done:

bm dresses

flower girl dresses

kilt hire booked

hotel

registrar

music/entertainment

choc fountain

honeymoon to Mexico!!

Hair/make up

save the dates are mostly out

things still to be done imminently!!

my own dress (I know crazy but trying to lose weight going October as I'm nearly there)

finish our invitations

order flowers (they take 9 weeks at least to design/make)

my inital hen do is middle of October I know it seems early but we wanted a few days away and is the only time before Xmas everyone can do and afterwards everyone is too poor in January and come feb I'll be in total organisation mode .. With Xmas being bang in the middle anyone else struggling?

my invites are going out middle of October as anyone who wishes to book a room needs to have details with hotel 3 months prior to wedding evening invites will go out round about Xmas/January time

im totally excited and it's racing in hope everyone is having a fab time planning xxx

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

@Fleur88- yikes! Deep breaths, as stressful as it might feel at the moment seven months is plenty of time to find another photographer and at least it's happened now and not closer to your big day. What area do you live in? I guess the company have probably been overwhelmed if they've folded so fingers crossed you get your deposit back once they see the contract xx

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

@FutureMrsA2016- we're date twins!! I'm having my hen do first weekend in February which is the pay weekend after Christmas. I didn't want it before Christmas as I think I will want some excitement and a bit of a break from wedding planning closer to the big day xx

• FutureMrsA2016
    Beginner March 2016
    FutureMrsA2016 ·
    • Hide content

Aw date twins!! Exciting

I agree about having something to give a break in that period I think we are planning a meal and a night out for that one with a bigger circle of friends. My October hen is a spa break at a lodge just with sisters close friends and my mum. Feel very fortunate I'm going to be able to have 2 although the second one is likely to be a crazy mess ha.

Hope your planning is going well

xx

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well the photographer still wants to do the wedding but I have lost all faith in them so would rather cut our losses now and find someone else. We will more than likely lose our deposit but that's better than risking having no decent wedding photographer!

Luckily, with it being a Thursday in March everyone else I have contacted has been available for our date.

• Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My hen do is on the 13th Feb at the start of half term. I would have liked to have had it earlier but with Xmas being 3 months before the wedding I know that everyone would have been skint!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics