Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NYE_Bride
Beginner December 2015

7lbs in 7 days

NYE_Bride, 16 of July of 2015 at 20:05 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 15

Has anyone else here tried the 7lbs in 7 days JuiceMaster plan?

i have just started it today and was interested in your experiences.

15 replies

Latest activity by NYE_Bride, 17 of October of 2015 at 07:35
  • CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I don't do any fad diets because I don't believe in them working long term, but saying that, I've had a few friends and one of my sisters try the diet you're doing and it has worked. I think my sister even lost more than the stated 7lbs. It still wouldn't convince me to try it myself though.

Good luck. I hope it works for you too! ?

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

Yes I know what you mean about fad diets. I actually follow weight watchers and attend meetings weekly. However I wanted a bit of a detox, a zero alcohol 100% healthy intake, and a boost to weight loss so taking 7 days off weight watchers and on this one. Will continue with WW next week.

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

I've done a few of Jason Vale's plans... 5lbs in 5 days and the 7 day soup n Juice Plan, and regularly cook recipes from the turbocharge/supercharge plans.... For me it's not a fad diet - it kick started a healthy eating plan and complete change from 7 days a week of eating rubbish food with barely any nutritional value.

My OH and I both juice daily for breakfast and lunch, and have done for the past 2 years - we make them up the night before and stick them in flasks in the freezer. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be and I definitely didn't feel as hungry as I expected to be either! The 2nd/3rd day I had a mega withdrawal headache but I just slept it off. After that I felt amazing! I also suffer from Fibromyalgia and found that after cutting out the rubbish my symptoms have massively improved. I used to get ill ALL the time, but since I changed my eating habits I don't think I've really been ill, except a sore throat when I've been super run down. When I find myself slipping back into old habits, eating/craving too much cr*p I do a juice fast for a couple of days. It might not be for everyone but it works for me Smiley smile

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the response TrixieSaurus. That was my thinking going forward. I'm on day 7 today and I won't pretend it has been easy as it hasn't, but reading the book got me in the right frame of mind and I have managed to get through the week relatively ok. Day 3 was difficult as I was at a BBQ so no food and no alcohol, not even a soft drink other than water, was tricky and encouraged lots of comments as you can imagine.

I will be heading of to weigh in at Weight Watchers tonight, where I go every Wednesday, so will let you know how I get on weigh-in wise. I can definitely feel that I have lost weight and I imagine 7lbs or even more so I'm happy with that. From tomorrow I expect to have a juice for breakfast and then healthy lunch and dinner. I will be following the idea that most of my food will come from no label food (food without labels!) and low HI food (low human intervention).

Basically a Weight Watchers filling and healthy approach really!

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

Update on the plan - I lost 9lbs in 7 days, very happy with that. Now the challenge of keeping it off!

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Wow, congratulations! Do you think you'll incorporate it into your lifestyle going forward or was it a one-off?

I'd like to do something like this - cleanse the body and lose some weight, etc. - but I know that I'm just too weak-willed to do it. I like food too much Smiley sad

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

Yes I think I will. I'm having a juice for breakfast each day and would definitely consider doing some days each week if needed, or a 5-day plan if an event was coming up.

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Well done NYE!! That's fantastic Smiley laugh

Sorry, I missed the update! It feels amazing once I've finished. Super kudos for going to a BBQ and not giving in! When I did my first plan I went to my auntie's and everyone was still having dinner when we got there. They all took the mick when we plonked ourselves down and poured ourselves a glass of green sludge whilst they all munched on dessert!

I think I'm due another juice fast soon... my bday and niece's bday the last 2 weekends has led to a lot of over-indulging and faaaaar too much cake!

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

I'm impressed that you've both incorporated it (or planning to) into your lives. going forward.

Everytime I see something like this I really want to go for it, but as I said in my previous post, I don't think I could hack it for a whole week. What do you reckon to a juice fast for a few days?!

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Hi Pooba,

Once you commit to it it's a lot easier than I ever thought it would be! There is a 3 day plan from Jason Vale you can get from app store. I recommend if you don't wanna jump straight in with juicing to follow Turbo Charge your life in 14 days or the 7 day super charge me plan. They both have juices and soups with a healthy dinner. There's also a 5:2 diet app from him.

At the end of the day you just have to think 'this is only 3/5/7 days of my entire life. I'm not going to die from not eating cake/crisps/chocolate' for that many days.

Gees, I sound like I'm getting paid for this... lol. But honestly it has transformed my eating and I'm so much healthier in general. I honestly never realised how badly my diet was affecting me - I was literally living on take outs and ready meals beforehand.

I know it's not for everyone, and a lot of people slate juicing but you've nothing to lose by giving it a go

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

Yes I completely agree with Trixie's post above. Most days now I have a juice for breakfast and it fills me up until lunch easily. I snack a lot less now and eat more healthy foods, for example avocado and olive oil, which when sticking to Weight Watchers I avoided previously but I am now incorporating.

There are 3-day and 5-day plans available. I probably wouldn't do 7 again unless for a specific event, but 3 or 5 I could see doing relatively easily now.

Good luck and come back and let us know if you go for it and if you are successful.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Interesting... I'd be much more tempted if I didn't have to go out and buy a juicer! Maybe if I find one on offer, I'll try it. I'm loathe to spend a huge amount on it, just in case I do it once and then never again!

Thank you both for your comments and advice Smiley smile

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

This was interesting reading. I tend to think I would have the drink then eat a meal but if I need to shift a few pounds fast before the wedding I will definately check this out.

My dress fits. I just need to make sure it fits right up to January and with all the winter warmer meals. And Christmas. Oh dear.

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

I get married on New Year's Eve Jayne so I also have the Christmas period to get through! I will probably do it again just before my dress fittings in November although I would most likely have juices during the day and then a healthy meal in the evening.

• B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies - do you know if you can find these recipes/meal plan online for the 7lbs in 7 days? Or do you need to buy the book?

• NYE_Bride
    Beginner December 2015
    NYE_Bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bridally,

there is a webpage and a FB page where recipes are posted sometimes. I have the book and the app too. The app has videos as well which are quite motivational. There is a documentary, Superjuice Me, that is free online which is really interesting.

since doing this I have also done the 5lb in 5 days, on which I lost 9lbs! This was much easier I found than the first one as it is Mon-Fri and there are only two different juices per dY so easier to prepare.

There is also a 5:2 plan now too which would be a great follow on from the 5lbs in 5 days.

i never would have thought this works but it does and I know three other people who have done it and it's worked for them too.

good luck :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics