Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner June 2015

post wedding blues

Princess Bride 2013, 9 of June of 2015 at 11:49 Posted on Just Married 0 2

Hi Ladies, married the love of my life on Saturday, back to reality now, obviously I'm a Mrs, married and that is great, that's what all this was for! But I feel so sad that's it's all over, we had an amazing day and everything was just perfect.

I work in schools so haven't been able to book anytime off, first day back today and it feels like a punch in the gut.

I'm a schools counsellor, and I travel to different schools so don't really build close relationships with staff as I'm always in one to one counselling sessions, because of this I never had the conversations about getting married etc so nobody knows what happened over the weekend and it feels almost like it didn't exist!

All I want to do is talk about it, in an attempt to cling on to this feeling.

On my way to work, a 50 minute drive, I literally listened to 2 songs on repeat all the way in, our first dance and a song my husband sang to me during his speech, sad I know! Lol

Is this feeling of emptiness normal? We both feels it, we are incredibly happy and in love but both feeling pretty down.

2 replies

Latest activity by samwillow, 3 of July of 2015 at 13:31
  • J
    Beginner April 2013
    JanetJones ·
    • Hide content

It's perfectly normal. Being able to get back to work straight away is a gift, it may not feel like it now, but the blues will dissipate quicker, jumping straight in at the deep end. I married on a Friday, back to work on the Monday, best thing I could have done. You will never lose the warmth of looking back on your big day. X

• V
    Beginner June 2015
    Victoria83x ·
    • Hide content

I'm feeling the same... we got married on 20th June and now everyone's depressed ?

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

Yaaa... i think i'll have same feeling like that too

exciting mix with depressed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics