Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pink & glitz
Beginner August 2014

What are you all upto this weekend?

pink & glitz, 22 of May of 2015 at 19:14 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 24

It's quiet on here - not many posts! So I thought I would start a new message.

On Thursday I went to see Pitch Perfect 2 and I have to say the first one was better. We then went to TGI Friday's, took advantage of the 2 courses for £15 deal.

Tomorrow I am going to meet a friend for a tea / coffee and a good blether.

Sunday - tidy up the house, think I have OCD as constantly tidying and there are only 2 of us and our cat.

Now it's your go????

X

24 replies

Latest activity by HappyIvoryCars344, 2 of June of 2015 at 22:41
  • TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Ours is mostly wedding related! I'm currently loitering in the kitchen while OH tries his wedding suit on! I don't wanna see it til the day. Then not much for the rest of this evening. Tomorrow we have to meet our cake lady at last to see our mock up cake before she makes the real deal! I have to finish some bits like the order of the day and menu board, and we need to buy plant pots for the parents gifts. Sunday we have wedding rehearsal in the afternoon so will have both sets of parents up! I might do a bit more fence painting if the weathers nice and plant a couple of plants. Oh and if the weathers nice were going to make pizza and cook it in our new Uuni!! Yum!!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Well, lets see now! Tomorrow I will spend just over an hour hanging around chatting to other mums while my daughter goes to her baton twirling group then I'll come home, do some washing, general tidying up and carry on studying.

Sunday we will have H's son over for the day so I'll be cooking a roast as usual and then again, more study (can you tell I have a fairly big assignment to do in the next week?)

Monday, we'll probably head out to the boot fair, see what bargains we can pick up and then we're off to my mums for some family time.

We really aren't very exciting people are we!!!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Nothing much! H is working all weekend at a festival. I'm still struggling to get over my tooth extraction - the last one was a walk in the park so I expected this one to be too, but I'm still sore, exhausted, have no appetite and horrible painful cracks at the corner of my mouth. So I plan to mainly stay on the sofa!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, TT, does he love it? I hope it's perfect!

We got to my parents earlier, we gave my mum her birthday pressie (it was on Wednesday) and now we're watching Mary berry! Tomorrow it's my brothers birthday so we'll do pressies, H wants to get his hair cut, and then we're going out for dinner. Don't know about Sunday, maybe a walk if it doesn't rain, and a bbq in the evening. Then Monday is the village fair! I haven't been for ages. My best friend is coming with us to that, and then staying for another bbq!

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Nothing too exciting. Friday is normally my day off, but I've taken on some extra hours to cover a colleague, dunno how long for but the extra hours are home-working, so Friday was spent in my onsie, fitting in 'job stuff' around my normal Friday activities - washing, ,cleaning, ironing, grocery shopping.

The rest of the weekend is devoted to furniture. We moved house to a much bigger place 3 weeks ago, and some of the furniture we ordered has arrived so we've hired a van and will be driving around the country collecting it (while cursing ourselves that we didn't check delivery sites online when we ordered and now have massive distances to cover!)

If i have the time on Sunday I'll call in up at the Theatre for the first rehearsal of our new show. We're doing Alice in Wonderland and I'm really excited cos it's the first show I've been in that has kids in. They are all so cute!

ETA Just realised how that first bit reads - i do NOT do the shopping in my onsie!

• lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

I've been abandoned by the OH as he has gone to get his kilt checked to make sure it fits. Not a big fan of being in the house without him!

Tomorrow I'll catch up on the washing and get all my marking done.

Then Sunday I'm going to visit my family and listen to my cousins and mate sing together as we've asked them to sing while we sign the register.

On Monday I'm going back to Mum and Dads to be looked after!

Hope you feel better soon ID

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? there's a lot of that around our way, you could move back here and fit right in!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? shame!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Actually, one of our neighbours wandered out in her pj's when my car was picked up at 5pm last Tuesday, the driver thought it was bizarre, but it's normal round us!

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

I do pretty much live in pyjamas when i have the option. Once I'm home from work i do a quick check on the likelihood of anyone calling in/us needing to go out and they're straight on! I'd never go out in the though. Our last house was quite overlooked, but here our garden is quite secluded so yesterday i took the risk of hanging out the washing......it felt quite naughty

.............and right there you have an indication of how boring i am!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

I'm another Pj lover, it's almost all I wear at home! I sometimes feel a bit slobby doing it so keep intending on buying prettier pyjamas so I feel less slovenly! Its just not comfy wandering round in work clothes to make dinner and potter about and getting changed into jeans n too isn't as comfy as pj's are!

MrsS he loves it, he said its really well made, and looks good, needs some teeny tiny tweaks but he really felt good in it-very happy!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yay!! Wonderful news TT!

I have to confess I only own pj's for going to people's houses! Don't wear them at home. Although don't wear proper work clothes either so I can slob in my jeans in the evening. Weekend days I just bung a top on and wander around in my pants!

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

As soon as I get home from work I get straight into my PJ's, always have a fleece blanket over me on the sofa as well, even in summer. As for my weekend, I'm working all day tomorrow as usual, then we're off to a local pub in the evening for a surprise 40th birthday part Mr K's cousin is throwing for her hubby. Should be quite good, he has a massive family so it isn't often everyone is together in the same place at the same time. Then next occasion after this will be our wedding! Sunday is my one day off, so will go out for a ride on the horse in the morning then more than likely fall asleep on the sofa watching a film in the afternoon.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I do own a pair of pyjamas, but I usually find they're too short in the leg for me. Most of the time I sleep in an old vest or t shirt and a pair of H's boxers. That's what I change into as soon as I get in!

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

I've done bugger all today.

saturday - picking up my wedding dress! ? and then eurovision with snacks(or maybe not if the dress doesn's fit, ha)

sunday - work all day and then house work Smiley sad

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

It was husband's birthday on Thursday so we're at the in laws' for the long weekend.

Had fish and chips and birthday cake for tea - yummy!

On negative front have burnt my thumb quite badly on soup. Finally stopped being painful but now numb.

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

It was my bday so after a really shitty stressful week of work we shared a bottle of vino, and a chinese takeaway, copious cake and cats does countdown. Bliss! Ooh and i got some lovely cards and prezzies Smiley smile

Tomorrow, need to dye my hair, desperately needs cutting actually so might try and get a last minute appointment. Don't fancy my chances though.

we're off out to a posh restaurant in the village tomorrow night. I have new shoes, a new dress and a new pair of bday earrings Smiley smile woohoo!

The rest of the weekend will be spent lazing and catching up on housework.

• W
    Beginner October 2006
    Winterflower ·
    • Hide content

Friday night H went and saw Mad Max, while me and our son drove over to H's sister as it is our Nephews Birthday today Saturday and we wanted to drop of cards and pressie. Today went over to a friends to help her find her car key's while she was at work. We went to Game pre-ordered son Splatoon for son also got him superhero trainers and Guardian's of the Galaxy T-shirt. Tomorrow we will work on house and garden. Monday we will pop in and see PIL and then go to a barbeque.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Happy belated birthday DD!

I went out on Friday night, ended up horribly hungover on Saturday then went shopping on Sunday before visiting some family for nerf gun vs watergun vs foam sword fights!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

H ended up DJing last night so I went out with him. I only stayed out til 1am and didn't drink, but I'm still sat at work knackered now, and my bloody mouth is still giving me gip. Thankfully I'm the only one in my office so I can suffer in peace.

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

We LOVED Pitch Perfect 2, thought it was just as good if not better than the first! Unexpectedly brilliant, I've had a rotten week and this was like a great big dose of endorphins, laughed my ass off.

• H
    Beginner
    HappyIvoryCars344 ·
    • Hide content

Since last week-end went by way too fast, I'll just continue this thread for next week-end Smiley tongue Plans are still a bit vague, but there is a boat race starting here at the harbour, so I think I will go there with one of my colleagues on saturday. Sunday is the day on which museums are free until 2pm here, so I will probably try the ancient art museum or maybe the natural sciences one, not sure yet Smiley smile Beach is another realistic option, but only if the weather allows it! Otherwise, all is still open! (I can't believe it's monday and I am already thinking about the week-end...typical, haha)

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cheers calella! Was a good 'un! Got some lovely Kate Spade earrings from mr ddpunk.

i'm soooo not ready to go back to work tomorrow Smiley sad anyone else got the dreaded stomach flips??!

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Happyivorycars344 that's like me too, always daydreaming of the weekend and wishing my life away /::::

• H
    Beginner
    HappyIvoryCars344 ·
    • Hide content

Exactly me Smiley laugh And in the end, I ended up working nearly all week-end ... So all those nice plans have been postponed until this week-end (what can I say, hope dies last Smiley tongue )

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics