Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2016

5/7 night European honeymoon

Kathryn3, 26 of March of 2015 at 16:18 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas/advice for a week long honeymoon in Europe. We've already got 2 young children (I know, I know, living in sin!) so my parents will be looking after the children while we go away.

We both want something relaxing and beachy with good food. Probably looking at an absolute maximum budget of £2,000 and it's in the summer holidays 2016 so prices are already against us!

6 replies

Latest activity by critter1066, 25 of May of 2015 at 16:36
  • critter1066
    Beginner September 2015
    critter1066 ·
    • Hide content

How about Sardinia? Combine delicious Italian food with the beach and good weather. Or Barcelona, with the beach but also tapas and all the culture it has too. Depending on where you live Barcelona flights with Easyjet can be very reasonable if you book them when they are released.

• C
    Beginner September 2011
    ciara2bemrs ·
    • Hide content

Yeah Barcelona is the place - you can find some amazing beaches down the coast near sitges and the city itself is a fabulous place for a few days

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    Kathryn3 ·
    • Hide content

Someone else mentioned Sardinia, we've never been there before so now it's been double recommended think I'll take a closer look. Barcelona I love, but have been several times for football in the past - so in a daft way, that's a football place for me - as opposed to a honeymoon place. Daft I know.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We went to Sardinia a few summers ago and really enjoyed it. The food was great and it was good value for money. I would suggest Italy but it is one of those places that always seems to expensive. How about Greece?

• Mrspanda18
    Beginner
    Mrspanda18 ·
    • Hide content

Barcelona is probably the best place for a city break with a beach

Hunt around for package deals (travelrepublic.com or booking flights with easyjet & searching for hotels via sites like trivago & hotels.com) to get great hotels really cheap

• S
    sandrareddin ·
    • Hide content

Look at the Cinque Terra in Italy. It's a stunning area. And what about the Italian Lakes? they have great beaches as well.

• critter1066
    Beginner September 2015
    critter1066 ·
    • Hide content

I know I've already suggested but we've been looking too and we wanted sorrento (with visits to capri, Vesuvius, amalfi and pompeii) but couldn't afford it (a lot less than your budget) but have settled on a few days in Nice with a trip to Monte Carlo and Monaco.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics