Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HappyIvoryFlowers
Savvy August 2018

Happy slow success

HappyIvoryFlowers, 19 of January of 2015 at 10:17 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 35

Hi All,

I tried to do a really strict diet before Christmas and in two months i lost 9 lbs i was very happy, however i piled the majority back on over Christmas. (7lbs in 7 days, there was A LOT of chocolate and roast dinners and triffle and fudge cake, basically our house became and gorgers dream and i stuffed me face. No regrets. Smiley smile Just have to face the consequences.)

So i started again and this time in earnest.

I ditched the diet pills and slim shakes and chose to change my eating habits instead. (i'm eating double the fruit and veg i used to and only a third of the carbs, my meat intake has stayed pretty steady but i wasn't a big meat eater anyway.)

I've been doing Zumba once a week and keeping a food diary for the past three weeks. I've lost 3lbs (a pound a week but i'm not having mad cravings so i'm very happy with that.)

Anyone else out there happy with their progress?

Thought it would be nice to share the happy "yay! i'm getting there!" moments. Smiley smile

The final stage success stories are really lovely but i thought i'd share the love to those still on the road. We'll get there! Smiley laugh

p.s.

I also tried Miranda Hart's "Miracattack" yesterday, it was both hilariously funny and a good workout, as long as you don't mind looking like a fish on dry land it's fantastic fun. Smiley smile

35 replies

Latest activity by laura89allen, 16 of May of 2015 at 09:38
  • Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

Glad it's going well for you! I've been working at it for about 3 weeks now, I've noticed a difference in my body, and I'm very happy with it!

I'm by no means finished, but I'm enjoying the results, and my new healthy glow! Also loving the gym, I find it fun!

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Well done Calella,

That sound great, i've yet to try the gym (my Zumba class is in the village hall.) But it sounds like your having a blast.

Smiley smile

Good luck with the rest, we'll get there. Smiley smile

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

Well done, they say loosing weight slowly will keep the weight off. I've lost 5 pounds in the last couple of weeks so I'm happy with how it's going so far. I tend to have a bit of a day off at the weekend where I don't count calories (but don't eat everything in sight either). Really determined to get another stone off by my dress fitting in April. Smiley smile

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your success so far, you must be so excited for your fitting! Smiley smile
    I'm getting to try on dresses in feb, can't wait! Smiley smile
    Good luck with the rest of your goal. xx

• S
    Beginner August 2016
    Samlittle89 ·
    • Hide content

Well done!! I've just joined slimming world 4&1/2 lbs so far! They say a healthy weight loss more likely to keep it off! Good luck!!

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

And to you too Samlittle99. Smiley smile sound like it's working well. Smiley smile
    Many congrats and good luck!

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Had a hiccup this week. Lost 0.5 lbs. Which since i'd lost 1lb by midweek and gained half back by the Sunday i'm a little gutted. It's not a huge surprise as i did have some of my mum's birthday cake and we had a celebratory chinese as my fiance has just accepted a full-time job. so i've been naughty.

Need to be good this week.

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

Hi there!

Since i moved in with my now fiance I've put on a lot of weight. After Christmas I was shocked to see the reading on the scales and with a surprise engagement and now a wedding planned for August I need to sort myself out.

So. I'm back at the gym, continuing my Irish dancing classes and using myfitnesspal to track my calories during the week. I don't count at the weekend but I also don't go nuts.

I have measured myself and weighed myself since I started and have been pleased to see the numbers creeping down to my 'old' size/weight. I don't want to lose loads, just tone up a bit!

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Hi there this_cat_here,

Kepp us updated and good luck.

The measuring things a great idea! i didn't think to do that but i think i might try and add that to my weight loss monitoring.

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ?

I do think measuring helps - I haven't seen a huge decrease on the scales but my waist and thighs have definitely dropped centimetres.

Good luck to all of you too ?

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Feeling very happy!

i lost 2.25lbs this week! Smiley laugh - biggest loss so far. Smiley smile

and quarter of an inch off my waist

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

Well done! ?

i think i have found my dress so working on whittling that waist down!!

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! Smiley smile And another 3 this week, it's so nice to finally feel like i'm loosing it the right way. xx

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

That's brilliant, well done you! ?

I'm down 6 pounds overall and am seeing a difference in my clothes fitting so i'm happy ?

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Well done this_cat_here, Smiley smile
    i know how positive that feels, hope it continues to go well. Smiley smile

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

I gained one and a half last week and i think i'm gonna struggle this week too; it was my fiance's birthday last week and my birthday on Saturday.

I'm also going wedding dress shopping on saturday so lots of homemade soups this week.

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

I gained half a kilo over the weekend too.....out for tea and had a takeaway, a bit more relaxed. Oh well, trying for a better week ?

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Fingers crossed for both of us this week.

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Lost half a pound last week but i've finally chosen my wedding dress! (flashes to follow.) i have six months till the fitting so hopefully that'll be the motivation i need. Smiley smile

considering the past two weeks have been both my fiance's and my birthday's i'm gonna be happy with that, i've been a lot better with my healthy eating this week (although leftover birthday cake has crept in a few times) so i'm hoping my weighing on Sunday will be better.

Hope you girlies are getting on well too. xx

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

Eeeep that's so exciting! can't wait to see it! and well done with your healthy eating

I've been stuck on the same weight for more than a week now, after losing 6 pounds fairly quickly. Haven't measured myself in a while so maybe I'll try later and see if I've toned up...

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

I know! just got to get the phone pics off my mum. lol Smiley laugh

You'll probably find that you're burning fat honey but it's staying the same as you're building muscle.

Good luck with the measuring, hope it goes well. (i'm sure it will. Smiley smile )

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Woo! DOWN 1.75LBS THIS WEEK! Slowly does it, now adding in some resistance training too. Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

Well done, that's amazing! How have you been doing this week?

I've been varying a bit but have lost 4 kilos overall. Ordering my dress tomorrow so feeling good ?

• E
    Beginner May 2015
    Em1986 ·
    • Hide content

Well done that's awesome :-)

Same situation as me... I have been trying for YEARS to lose weight doing 5:2.. then slimming world then something else... nothing has worked long time. Now I too eat double the fruit and veg I used to eat.. I eat protein with every meal.. full fat things like cheese and greek yogurt .. just good healthy non processed foods.

I have lost 2 stone since June last year which is really slow and my weight has been up and down but over all down... but like you I don't have major cravings.. I dont go 'off my diet' as all I am doing is eating healthily so there is nothing to go off... I have treats... probably more than I should but over all I am losing weight slowly. I have 9 weeks to go until I get married and I would like to lose another half a stone ... but I seem to be so complacent at the moment.. having a few too many meals out and a too few many glasses of wine.. I am not putting weight on as I am eating healthily the rest of the time but I need to be a tad stricter to continue losing weight!

But I truly believe if you change your eating habits like we have the weight will stay off forever as its not a diet. Well done :-)

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

4 kilos is brilliant, well done tch. Smiley smile you must be so pleased.
    Also I finally got the photo's of my dress so I'll put then up in a bit (I'm still not happy with my silhouette but getting there.)

I've lost 12.75lbs so far so nearly a stone! Smiley smile

do you have any flashes of the dress you've ordered? it sounds so exciting!

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Hi Em1986 and welcome to the thread. Smiley smile

I'm hoping that you're right about the change in eating choices, it does seem to be working. I'm not overly keen on eating chips anymore and would much rather a fruit salad than chocolate cake. (I know it sounds odd but I'm finding fruit to now be sweeter than chocolate... not sure why. There has to be some science behind it)

Keep us updated on your progress honey, I find it easier to keep making the right choices if I know people are there to support and I'm hoping to offer the same support back. Smiley smile

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

OK, so I'm finally brave enough to flash my dress! so excited!

I'm not a dress person but I really like how simple it is, I've cropped my head out as I don't want any friends or family to accidently stumble across this. (it's to be a surprise, only my mum, my future mother-in-law and my sister will see me in it before the day.)

Also please bear in mind that this is the shop dress and has not been made for me yet, so it won't be as flattering. Also I'm going to have cups put in so that I won't need to wear a bra so please forgive that.

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

Aww you're looking fab, and your dress is beautiful, very similar to mine actually! Excitement all round!!!! ?

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

Here is my dress! Ordered yesterday so feeling bit nervous that I have to keep my weight the same (or less!) till August. It's also the shop dress, 2 sizes too big, so there's a massive sponge stuffed down the back! I felt so glam. ....!!

Not sure why I'm doing that weird pose...!!

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow! This_cat_here that dress is absolutely stunning! And you're arms look amazing!

(sorry currently one of my problem areas that I'm working on and I think yours look lovely.)

my weddings not till 2018 but I'm a long term planner so changing my eating habits seems to be the right way to do things (at least I hope.)

p.s. I weighed myself this morning and I'm now down to 13st 8.25lbs. So another 3lbs this week. Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner May 2015
    Em1986 ·
    • Hide content

Everyone is doing so well :-)

I have 9 weeks to go until my wedding and have had the worst 3 weeks so far since starting to eat healthily and I am really annoyed at myself....

I have been eating take outs and drinking wine -- just been out of control ! I have refused to weigh myself this morning as I know it will wind me up and I need to just carry on this week and cut out the junk and alcohol again.

I really dont need to be letting myself go now with only 9 weeks to go eek!

Lets hope I can get focused!!

• HappyIvoryFlowers
    Savvy August 2018
    HappyIvoryFlowers ·
    • Hide content

Hi Em1986, Don't worry i'm sure you'll be fine we all have those days.

Last couple of weeks i had a really bad chest infection (i'm asthmatic so that just compounds the problem) i couldn't do my usual exercises and din't eat very well either. I gained four pounds in a week! NOT GREAT BUT i've been plotting my progress on a excel sheet which i find really helpful.

It means i can see my overall progress which helps me contextualize and not get bummed out about it. If the overall trend is still loosing then i'm happy and it helps me get back into the healthy eating habits.

Only 8 weeks now! i bet you're so excited! Smiley smile

Good luck hun, we're all rooting for you.

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics