Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2017

wedding Dress challange.( Slimming world) wanna join me?

kerry2016, 1 of January of 2015 at 11:18 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 37

Hi everyone,

Im starting slimming world on Monday and a exercise program i've found on youtube. it seems easy enough. My problem is I slip and then think ahhh well might as well eat the Chinese or chocolate now.

well im going to put updates on and im hoping some of you lovely ladies will join in and we can keep each other motivated. I have about 6 -8 months before I go dress shopping as I don't want to panic and start crash dieting when I see the dress I want and it looks horrible on. like a squashed dumpling wrapped in clingfilm. lol.

I only need to lose about 2stone of baby weight. which is bad as my baby is now 18mnths old. I just cant seem to shift it. doesn't help that im small.

I just want our post to be shared ideas, food, exercise. motivation.

so please feel free to join and leave a message.

37 replies

Latest activity by Mrspanda18, 24 of May of 2015 at 12:13
  • lilbeth
    Beginner July 2015
    lilbeth ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I did the same thing, I wanted to go dress shopping feeling confident so I started to eat better and pay more attention to what I was eating. Nothing drastic just a little each week.

Im sure you'll great and look amazing in your dress!

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Ive got my measurements for my wedding dress in 1 month, i really need to lose weight and as im writing this its just hit me that its only 1 month away.

i'd ideally like to lose at least 1 stone before my wedding. i lost 2 and half stone but over the last few months prob put a stone back on, im just too scared to get on the sales lol

• K
    Beginner July 2017
    kerry2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi bubberawk,

I see your wedding is in feb 2016. Mine too. I haven't even tried a dress on yet. Im not even looking at my scales, I know ive put weight on over xmas. But im starting slimmimg world on Monday. loads of people I know have lost weight on it. ive got about 2 stone to lose.

How did you lose the weight the first time?

• K
    Beginner July 2017
    kerry2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi bubberawk,

I see your wedding is in feb 2016. Mine too. I haven't even tried a dress on yet. Im not even looking at my scales, I know ive put weight on over xmas. But im starting slimmimg world on Monday. loads of people I know have lost weight on it. ive got about 2 stone to lose.

How did you lose the weight the first time?

• K
    Beginner July 2017
    kerry2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi lilbeth,

Im getting married in feb 2016. when do you think is enough time to go dress shopping. I was thinking maybe august?

• B
    Beginner April 2016
    Baabaa26 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies
    I'm getting married April 2016 and I've started looking at dresses now ? I'm trying some on next weekend. I have seen a dress I love, with the particular designer you have to order 6-8 months in advance. The shop has trunk weekends so you get 10% off all orders which all adds up so I'm looking to take advantage of that. So my advice is if you find something you love when browsing the internet just check ordering times if its something specific you want. I now need to join the weight loss challenge ? xx

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content

I'll join in Smiley smile I haven't joined Slimming World yet but I plan to. I wanted to pass my driving test first to make sure I would make it home after work on time for the group (its a long journey by train) but I passed at the weekend so no more excuses!

I'm getting married November 2016, I wanted to start looking at dresses about a year before then. So 11 months to do most the work.

I'm trying not to put a number on how much weight exactly to lose as I'm very short so I don't know if achieving my acceptable BMI weight is even healthy for me (my legs are very short so proportionately more of my weight is heavy torso as that bit isn't so short!) When I only had a bit of a tummy BMI said I was obese so I'm not going to push for healthy BMI range! I'd like to get back into size 10 bottoms and 8 top. I think correct BMI is 3 stone less but that'd put me on 7 1/2 stone that I feel is probably more skinny then I need to be! I think it'll probably end up being 2-2.5 stone to lose but I wanna take it a bit at a time. Initially getting under 10stone would be a good start!

• J
    Beginner May 2016
    Jennifuzz ·
    • Hide content

I'm starting slimming world tomorrow with my mum so have 16 months to the wedding, want to lose a minimum of 3 stone before then (preferably 5 but if I get the 3 off I'll be over the moon!)

But need to get a good bit off before I go looking at dresses, tried on a couple already but couldn't see what I thought of the dresses because all I could see was how huge ivory made me look!

What we brides go through eh?!

Let's do this!!!

• T
    Beginner September 2015
    TheNewHyacinth ·
    • Hide content

You're all more organised than me lol!

My wedding is September 2015.

I went and tried on dresses and ordered my ideal dress yesterday.

I've ordered it a big snug on my current size as i'm hoping to lose around 3-4 inches (around 2-3stone) by then.

I have more to lose realistically but I don't want to over face myself and i'm comfortable at the size I am when i'm at those measurements so I feel it's a good pre-wedding goal. Post wedding i'd hope to lose another 1-2 stone.

Joined slimming world yesterday. Generally I eat quite healthily I just get tripped up by coca-cola and takeaways! But definitely from now on no slip ups or big greasy take outs. That's cash that could go in the wedding fund for one thing!

*feeling motivated*

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content

Gonna join tonight. Was thinking about doing a countdown course but didn't want to take that much cash with me. Anyone else doing one?

• H
    Beginner September 2015
    HappyPinkStationery261 ·
    • Hide content

I have got the hip hop abs program whuch i try and do daily if i can.iy makes m=e feel fitter after 5 minutes and a also try and eat every four hours never forgetting breakfast and dont eat after 8 at night.

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content

Hows everyone getting on? Got my first weigh in tomorrow... took a bit of settling into the diet and hadn't stocked up ready so had a few high syn days (over 15). Only had 7 syns today though so maybe it'll still balance out? Bit worried though as I think week one is usually one of the best weeks with new diets? Not sure I've really lost anything! Must just remember I'm only really aiming for 1lb a week so it'll hopefully be ok and if not hopefully I can catch up if I try harder!

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    LauraC888 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I will join you! Smiley smile I want to lose a stone. My big day isn't for a while (a long while - a year and a half). But why not start now! I cannot find a diet that works and anyone to join me for motivation and that peer push!

So, can I join you? Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner July 2015
    LuxuriousBrownStationery235 ·
    • Hide content

I joined slimming world beginning of January I also joined the local sports centre do I could access gym pool and classes, dropped 5 1/2 lb so far,got my dress which I am hoping will need taking in as well as up when I go for my fitting end of May getting married beginning of July , good luck all x x

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well done that is a great start! Are you going to the sports centre much?

I am just doing slimming world at the moment, but my friend is thinking about joining a different group so I might switch groups as I'd rather go with a friend (I drive and she doesn't so it is easier for me to drive to her local group). It would mean switching from Wednesday group to Saturday though,it might not be convenient to always go Saturdays! Her group is near a sports club that does free Saturday entry for NHS staff so I could even go gym for free... I'm not exercising yet though!

Managed to lose 6lb since starting 14th Jan Smiley laugh but I still have over 2 stone to go to ideal weight. I have time, I'm not even dress shopping till November.

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content

How is everyone getting on? Got my half stone award last night Smiley smile lost 9lb in total 3 weeks in so have had a good start! Got some high syn stuff happening this weekend so I suspect just maintaining would be good this weeek.

• FutureMrsA2016
    Beginner March 2016
    FutureMrsA2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies

another SW bride here. Ive been for 6 weks and lost 10lbs ideally another 35 before september. So far its going well. I had a gain one week then a maintain but overall I feel like my targets are achieveable. Hopefully we can all encourage one another to stay on plan xx

• J
    Beginner May 2016
    Jennifuzz ·
    • Hide content

7 weeks in for me now and got my stone award this week! Feeling inspired now! I have 14 months to the wedding so hoping to get another 4 off by then but going dress shopping next month so hoping to get off as much as possible before then!! Eek!

• M
    Beginner October 2017
    Mics555 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

I'd like to join in too if you don't mind. Wedding isn't until 12th November 2016 so long way to go. Haven't tried on any dresses etc yet so hoping to lose a nice chunk of weight before trying anything as the thought of trying on dresses scares me at the moment ! :-)

I joined Slimming World last Tuesday (10th March), my H2B is doing it with me too. We had our first weigh in this Tuesday and both lost 5lbs. Also joined the gym about 6 weeks ago too so hoping the combination will result in good losses and some toning !

I'd like to lose 3 stone as this would get off the weight I've put on since we moved in together, but if I have time and it's still coming off I'd like to lose 4 as that would be the slimmest in my adult life.

Hope everyone will pop back and update us all on progress - Good luck to everyone xx

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls! I'm doing Herbalife atm but am so fed up & bored with it, altho I have lost 16 lbs doing it. Thinking of switching to slimming world. I want to lose another 9 lbs. I see some gorgeous big meals on instagram posted by slimming world girls & it looks like my ideal diet!

What kind of things do you all cook??

• M
    Beginner October 2017
    Mics555 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi MrsB88,

I've not heard of Herbalife, looking it up it's a meal replacement diet ? I tried Lighter Life a few years back which was similar but really didn't agree with me. congratulations on the 16lb loss though I can understand you getting bored.

So far on Slimming World we've been using lots of their online recipes which so far seem to be great, really tasty and we can see how healthy they are as they contain so little fat and sugar. For dinners we've had Chicken Katsu Curry with Rice, Chilli Con Carne with Jacket Potatoes, Bolognese Pasta Bake, Pizza topped chicken with Cajun potato wedges, Baked Cod and Chips.

We've only been doing it a couple of weeks (second weigh in tonight) we're finding what we are eating is very satisfying, we don't feel hungry but they key seems to be preparation, we prepare lunches to take to work each evening for the next day and have done some batch cooking this weekend to freeze so that meals after work don't take as long to prepare.

Let us know how you get on if you decide to switch :-)

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    Kathryn3 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and am hoping to loose a stone for my wedding. It's not till July 2016 - so the plan is to loose it gradually and healthily (what that actually means though is that I'm just putting it off for now).

Be interested to hear how you all get on. Think slimming world may be the option for me

• Copper321
    Beginner July 2017
    Copper321 ·
    • Hide content

Hello! I'm just new to the forum but have been going to Slimming World since June last year (2014). I'd joined for health reasons and we got engaged not long after I started going so I made a promise to myself not to start dress shopping until I hit my target. I got my 2 stone award just before Christmas but since then have been struggling with sticking to plan and so have ended up putting some on, then losing, which happens to everyone. I think I just kept saying to myself "Look how much I've lost already! If I want some cake/chocolate/cheese then I'm going to have it" instead of keeping my goals in mind. As I stand now (got weighed on Wednesday) I have just over 1 stone left to lose to reach my target. I've set the dress that I fell in love with as my phone background to try and encourage me to stay on track and that seems to be working Smiley smile

In regards to MrsB88's question, meals for me and H2B consist of things like: spag bol, diet coke chicken, sweet and sour chick, shepherds pie, tuna pasta, fish pie, paprika pork. That's the kind of things we have for main meals every night Smiley smile

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. I've decided to follow slimming world this week (borrowed friends book) if I get on well I'm going to join a group next Saturday. Are you all members of a group or are you doing it alone? ?

Dinners im fine with as have plenty of time to cook. but for breakfast and lunch I have limited time to prepare and eat during my work day. This week I've planned to have a fat free yogurt & a banana for breakfast. Then for lunches a homemade chicken salad sandwich (bread from healthy extra), followed by fruit and laughing cow triangles from healthy extra b.

does that breakfast & lunch sound okay?

• SRECOWBURN
    Beginner September 2016
    SRECOWBURN ·
    • Hide content

So I get married in September 2016 and I found my dress (the dress of my most beautiful dreams) and put the dep down in December.

I get measured for my dress to be ordered in October. Just 6 little months away.

I said that after Christmas I would get on it and if I told 1lb a week it would be a fantastic achievement and I would be in great shape for ordering so if didn’t loss any more that would be ok. Realistically to be healthy and the best me I can be I should be losing about 6 stone.

The dress shop said they can take my dress in unto 2 sizes if needs be so I shouldn’t worry about losing a little more if I want to.

However.....

I haven’t lost any weight since Jan. I haven’t put on either but still. Not the point!

So I’m feeling rather flumped as if I don’t do anything I will only have myself to blame.

My H2B loves me no matter what my size but I’m not happy with myself hence wanting to do something about.

So this week I am trying this thing where I only eat when I’m hungry and stop eating when I’m full.

This may sound like common since but it isn’t to me.

I feel rather positive with this as when I think about how much I ate for no reason ... its a wonder I’m not bigger than I am.

I also got a push bike for this first time since I was a teenager!!!

That was a shock to my system. I rode it home last night (just under 3 1/2 miles. I had to walk it up a really steep hill and thought I was going to vomit when I got to the top. I didn’t! An achievement in itself if I’m honest!

I rode to work this morning (just under 2 miles). Admittedly it is mostly downhill - which I was grateful of as my bottom is killing me from yesterday, and I will have to ride home afterwards.

I’m hoping that it will get easier and that I will get healthier in the process.

I’m dreading it the but I really want to love it as it is low impact (I can’t really run as I hate it and I have a bad knee)

Has anyone else gone from nothing to quite allot of exercise? How did you find it?

And most of all, what pulled you through the hard times when you wanted to stop?

Thank you in advance

A very hopeful bride to be J

• T
    Beginner September 2015
    TheNewHyacinth ·
    • Hide content

Joined slimming world in early Jan but stopped going at the end of Feb as just wasn't seeing results despite trying really hard .... lost 9lb only to put it all back on!!

ANYWAY ... since stopping going to slimming world and just eating more healthily I have lost 1 stone!! (At last weigh in last week ... could be more now!)

Am very happy with this and so far have lost 3 inches from my waist and 1 inch from my hips. I want to loose another 3-4 inches from my waist and another 5 inches from my hips realistically, as this will take me back to my 'usual' size and I will still be able to fit in my dress with some reduction alterations.

After the wedding I want to focus on losing more and just being more healthy in general .... Ideally I want to lose around 5 more stone in total.

I'm going to aim to lose another half stone before I start trying to introduce a lot more exercise.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LizzieBennet ·
    • Hide content

SRe im similar. Thought I'd really get started after Christmas but no, I'm just lacking the motivation and will power somehow.

Still going to slimming world. According to their scales I have lost 4 lbs but my home scales say it's 7. Going with the ones at home as I'm always doing it in the morning whereas sw is in the evening so varied more with drinks etc. However the weekly group really helps me somehow. Seeing other people being successful.

I also need to order my dress in September or October.

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear slimming world isn't working so well for you, have you spoken to the consultant about it? Can they identify anything you could be missing?

Since starting slimming world in Jan I have lost 1 stone 3lb. Fairly slow but I keep having days where I'll give in and have a takeaway and so too many syns for the week. Luckily I haven't gained but did stay the same once and a lot of weeks I only lose 0.5lb! I am also going to the gym at least twice a week and started selling avon which is getting me walking more than usual.

I have about a stone and a half to go till my target, hope I can do this! Got my first dress shopping experience in late June, would be really great to be 8lb lighter by then but I don't think I can lose that quickly. Will try though!

• MrsHix2015
    Beginner November 2015
    MrsHix2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I just wanted to come and say don't give up! I know it's hard but I have lost 5 stone with slimming world in 8 months.

I still have a long way to go and things are getting slower all the time but it really does work, don't give up heart.

• M
    Beginner December 2016
    MissBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Wow everyone is doing so well. I have just over 2 1/2 stone to lose but don't get married for ages. Starting the clean 9 diet tomorrow which I am a bit worried about as it is so intense. I've decided not to go dress shopping till I have lost some weight. Also need to start exercising. We will all look fantastic on the day :-)

• L
    LuxuriousBlueDecor336 ·
    • Hide content

Hi All

I would like to join the challenge! My date is July 2016 and I have a fair way to go - 5 stones. I have recently joined SW and an aerobics class. I've been to the class twice and SW for 2 weeks. I haven't really concentrated and have only lost 2lb. Still need to tidy up some areas of my eating. I will up the exercise once the weight drops off. I will update my progress. Hope to be able to hang in there!

• M
    Beginner October 2017
    Mics555 ·
    • Hide content

Well done everyone, don't forget to update us all as you go along ! :-)

since my first post here on 19th March I've been living Slimming World, I honestly can't speak highly enough of it. I joined SW on 9th March and as of yesterday I've lost 1 Stone 4 1/2 lbs. Their recipes have been great, even H2B is managing to stick to it, he's lost 2 Stone !

I'm thinking I'll probably aim for losing another stone before I go near trying on wedding dresses then 1 more between wedding dress shopping and the actual wedding.

Has anyone got any experience of ordering their dress then losing weight ? Are the alterations needed expensive ? Is it better to wait a bit longer before ordering and stick to the same weight from them to the wedding ?

Best of luck all xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics