Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SillyWrong
Beginner October 2014

The "I'm in work and it's not fair" thread.

SillyWrong, 22 of December of 2014 at 09:37 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 46

Because .... I'm in work. And it's not fair.

46 replies

Latest activity by MrsShep, 24 of December of 2014 at 12:53
  • Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

You and me BOTH! Pah.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I'll join in.

I don't actually know why I'm here. Well, I do. I thought I'd be snowed under with requests from our contractors, but I'm not. So being here is pretty crappy.

Gah!

Oh well, just 6 hours left.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Lol - ditto - but I am going out for lunch with a chum to Carluccio's - yum yum, and then to get a couple of last minute bits because someone told me about rose syrup in Prosecco and also that I can get hibiscus flowers in syrup from Lakeland and they are just gorj in fizz so got to be done. So not all doom and gloom for being in work Smiley smile

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I got in to work this morning and had NO emails. Not a single one. I can usually collect about 50 over a weekend. I have nothing to do!!! I also have a stinky hangover. It was also our chrissy do on Friday and so today I'm having to deal with all the 'looks'. Honestly - for half the people on my work the annual christmas do is the ONLY night out of the year and so it must be giggled about for months afterwards that everyone got a bit tipsy.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Me too - I've not booked any time off and I'm really starting to wonder why! It's soooo boring!!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I should be, but I'm still not well enough. I'll probably go back in tomorrow, for one day...seems a bit pointless, but better show willing!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Completely agree! But far from being bored and quiet, I'm bloody run off my feet and will be until at least end of play tomorrow, I just hope I'm not still busy on Wednesday, or I'll be the one that holds us up from leaving early!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I'm here. Plenty to do, just no flipping inclination.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I'm in, was off ill most of last week so it's my first day back. Seems a waste of time being here though because there's nothing to do.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Its def not fair!! me and OH heard on the radio about 'mad friday and the two weeks everybody has off now' for people who finished last friday and dont go back til new year, pfft - WHAT?!! I guess I do get 4-5 days off which is more than some, but the days betweem christmas and new year where we'd normally just have one person in working but work decided we could all come in each day are barely booked up so it'll just be two days of nearly nothing to do which seems pointless.

I also have another cold, oodles to do at home, and found out last night that OHs parents have decided to come down Tuesday instead of Wednesday to avoid the traffic - what bloody traffic?! So now have to sort a load of stuff out tonight (amongst food shopping and nipping to pick up one last christmas pressie) that I was planning on leaving til weds morning, plus I now dont get my delicious bit of me time I was so looking forward to on Christmas Eve, oh, and IM AT WORK!

im grumpy today :/

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Here and will be majority of Christmas.

Reminds me of muppets Christmas Carol they have actually changed our first shift back to start earlier lol

• snow bride
    Beginner June 2016
    snow bride ·
    • Hide content

Can I join in with Im home with the kids alone (2 under 2) as it's not fair????

OH was meant to be home today but he got called into work.

With a tantruming toddler id rather be at work!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I'm not at work today but this is my first day off in a week, and I am in tomorrow and weds. CBA springs to mind.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I finish tomorrow. Today is a normal working day though. It's really quiet though as lots of people have booked today and tomorrow off and most of the sites haven't really got any trades in.

I'm hoping tomorrow they'll let us finish early, last year they let us go HALF AN HOUR early, scrooges or what!

Thankfully not back in until the 5th though.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

One saving grace is that the mouth of the south isn't in. She's booked the whole two weeks off to 'celebrate Christmas', despite moaning about how much she hates this time of year since the 1st.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

I'm here today, and tomorrow, and Xmas eve. Who the heck wants financial advice 2 days before Xmas? Nearly everyone else is off and has kindly left me piles of work to do. And the baby is crippling my sciatic nerve. Bah humbug!!!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's why I'm in today. My manager asked me to come in, just in case our contractor's need advice. But none of our contractors are in - so I'm basically sitting doing nothing.

Oh well, 2 hours 35 minutes left!

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

I'm now watching The Big Bang Theory on 4OD.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Arrrgggghh I've been stitch up with a phone shift...

It's the same person I've covered for the last 4 times I was supposed to have a no shift week ?

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I'm here till Wednesday.

CrazyratLady, you can give me some financial advice if you like?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't rub it in! I'm so stressed I started chewing my fingers instead of my nails and now i'm bleeding :-(

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Im in until lunchtime on Wednesday with nothing to do. Yawn!

Feel like I shouldn't complain as I am off over Xmas and then fly to Lanzarote on 5th for 2 weeks. I am off from Xmas eve until 22nd Jan!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

I'm also stuck at work, and I'm not even doing my bloody job!
    Another department are so busy because they let all their staff off that I'm "helping" them ... ARGH

Massive "this is so not fair" sulk

At least I'm not back in until the 5th January, just need to make it to 12:30pm on Wednesday first ?

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

How long does everyone have off for xmas? I'm off from tomorrow at 16:00 until January 5th. very excited as my OH is on leave for a fortnight and so will be at home, longest time we've been at home together since we left university 3 years ago! ?

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I've been working today. It's so quiet though.

If I'm away from my desk it isn't unusual to get about 20 emails an hour. I had one over the weekend and one all day so far. Makes the day drag more.

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

Im working today and I'm soooo bored!

I've had two phonecalls and two emails all day. I'm usually rushed off my feet.

I've done every possible bit of tidying and filing that I can find.

I've got another day and a half of this!!! On a plus note though, one of the guys is bringing in their scalextric tomorrow!

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

I've got work to do, I just can't be bothered to do it.

And there is no festive cheer in this office, it is dead silent, not even allowed the radio on ?

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

I finish work at 530 on Xmas eve.. also finish 6 on new years eve who is still going to be shopping at 6 on new years!!!

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

I finish work at 530 on Xmas eve.. also finish 6 on new years eve who is still going to be shopping at 6 on new years!!!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I'm in work too, all the way up until 5pm Xmas Eve, with not a lot to do. Sparing a thought for all those people having to work Xmas Day though.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Argh! Salt was rubbed into the wounds just before I left today, my supervisor, one of my colleagues and I have been working our arses off, turns out my other colleague has been doing something that doesn't need to be done this year instead of helping with the other stuff!

• Sparkly Bear
    Beginner October 2015
    Sparkly Bear ·
    • Hide content

I'm working every day except for the bank holidays and the weekends! Totally not in the Christmas spirit! I'll be working next Christmas too as I get married next year and I won't have enough holiday days for the wedding/honeymoon and christmas!

I've been really busy today too; I'm hoping it quitens down over the next few days!

Working Christmas sucks. Role on Christmas 2016 - I'm definitely not working for Christmas for a third year in a row!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics