Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I

bridesmaid dress too small

itsalwaysbetteronholiday, 30 of November of 2014 at 21:40 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 7

I'm bridesmaid for one of my good friends in Feb. Ages ago she bought our dresses off the Internet and didn't even consult us on sizes or get measurements. Now I've tried it on and its too small. It even has a corset back but it is too small around the hips.

I have such bad body issues and I'm ső stressed about this. My friend says I'll just buy another, but the eBay seller cannot be found anymore and there are similar but we dönt know if theyre the same colour.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm already on a 1300 calorie diet and starting to run but so stressed with the pressure of having to fit in a dress that would never have fit me in the first place

7 replies

Latest activity by MrsB2015, 29 of December of 2014 at 19:04
  • Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

What about the other bridesmaids, do their dresses fit?. I personally don't think this is a weight loss issue because you shouldn't be pressured into changing your body to fit a dress. I think you need to talk to the bride & say to her that you need a new dress, especially as you can't find the original seller. Are there any similar dresses available? If she refuses she's being unreasonable & she needs to take her wedding googles off.

You may find more help on the wedding planning forum as it tends to be busier.

• F
    Beginner April 2014
    fitwed ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

Just wanted to check up on you. How did you come up with 1300cal number? how much protein, carbs and fats are you taking? What kind of training are you doing?

If you are after body shape change then, give me a little more information I would maybe be able to help with the numbers and workouts Smiley smile

Kind regards,

• Tams90
    Beginner July 2016
    Tams90 ·
    • Hide content

Honestly 1300 calories is ALOT. The recommended daily amount for women is only 1200 calories a day so in all honesty you need to cut the calorie intake.

I am currently on a 600 calorie intake a day diet. I know it's a lot less than recommended but I am taking this very seriously.

Try and cut down to 800/900 calories a day and add 30 minutes of exercise a day aswell where you can fit it in and and you should start to see the pounds dropping off.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry Tams but that's wrong. A woman's daily intake should be around 2000. 1300 is the level for most calorie controlled diets. 600 means your body is not getting enough and could be dangerous.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely this - especially if you're exercising too. Please take care Tams.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

OP please don't follow this advice.

Tams - as others have said, please take care this isn't healthy at all & is likely to slow your weight loss down because your body will be going into starvation mode. If counting calories, most professionals would say not to have less that **** calories a day to stay healthy.

• H
    Beginner May 2015
    HealthyliciousBride ·
    • Hide content

@tams90 - this is really dangerous, you NEED to eat more than that.

Muscle uses up a lot of energy - fat doesn't. So when you are not feeding your body enough, your body will start to break down muscle because it takes a lot more energy to maintain than fat. This means that your metabolism drops (the amount of calories your body needs just to live will be lowered), so when you do start eating normally again, it will store the excess energy as muscle as your body won't require the same amount of calories that it did before.

For healthy weight loss, you definitely need to stop overeating, but you also need to make sure that you are eating enough!

Re OP - I would definitely suggest speaking with the bride and finding out if you can get a new dress - causing yourself stress also creates a massive hormonal inbalance which means that it will make it harder to lose weight anyway! Definitely include some weight/resistance training, and make sure that you eat good lean protein, a slow releasing carbohydrate and some good fats.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hun. Have u tried looking at the seams. There maybe s good 2 inches that can be taken out.

Please don't kill yourself on some silly diet to fit into a dress. If you want to track what you eat my fitness pal is a fab little app. If you are exercising you will need to eat a bit more but just remember to measure yourself as you may drop inches rather than weight.

Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics