Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2015

Bridal hair - up or down?

AprilBride15, 28 of November of 2014 at 16:02 Posted on Planning 0 8

Starting to think about the details now and I have a hair trial booked but I have no idea how to have my hair for the 'big day'. I have grown my hair quiet long (past collor bone) for the wedding so I would have options. Im getting married in April and wearing a strapless dress so should I wear it down to provide some coverage? I have been looking at up-do's which do look lovely; but surely its about the overall picture, so should I be looking at styles with my hair down? Getting myself confused here - any thoughts?

8 replies

Latest activity by AprilBride15, 29 of November of 2014 at 09:21
  • joeybrooks
    Beginner December 2014
    joeybrooks ·
    • Hide content

I have a halterneck dress and long brown hair, about 5 inches below my bra strap, and I am wearing it up. I don't really like my hair in my face and there is less chance of it staying in the one place all day if it is down, so I've decided to have mine put up.

I think it depends how you prefer to wear your hair, I rarely wear mine down and I really don't want to have it annoying me all day.

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks

I wear my down always (because I am bad at putting it up!) I have dark brown thick hair so was thinking having it up would lighten up things; but then I thought maybe if I have no straps or anything on my dress I should wear it down...

Think i am just fussing again

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

Best of both and go half up / half down? Have a look on Pinterest and see what you like the look of?

• GiraffeBride
    Beginner May 2018
    GiraffeBride ·
    • Hide content

Hmm, I can't really help as I'm equally as conflicted - I always wear my hair down, and don't really like having it up, but to me up seems more 'bridey' so I think that's what I want. Plus I want it to be out of the way so I'm not faffing with it all day! I'm hoping to find someone who can do an up-do with a lot of volume, but we shall see......

Just as something to think about though, my (one-day-to-be) sister-in-law got married a couple of weeks ago, and left her hair down because that's the way she's always worn it, and it's how her husband likes it. He'd actually said (his one opinion on the day!) that he'd like it if she could keep it down because that's what she always looks like, is who he fell in love with, and why would she want to look different just cos it's her wedding day? So maybe if you're really struggling to decide your H2B might have an opinion?!

• alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk
    Rockstar November 2014
    alexandrawedding@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I ummed and ahh-ed over this for ages!! I like it down my hubby likes it down but because my dress had a high neckline everybody said I should wear it up.

In the end I went with my gut and had it down and curly although I didn't love how it looked I just gave up by the morning! I was happy with my choice and felt more like me although when I looked in the mirror at about 4pm I literally looked like I'd been dragged through a hedge! It didn't last the night well at all bits had gone fluffy and straight but that may have been the fact it wasn't done properly.

Anyway what I mean is I always wear my hair down and I'm glad I chose to just make sure if you do you keep going to the toilet to make sure you don't look too disheveled!

Xx

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

I feel I don't really have much choice on this one. My hair is naturally a disaster, curly but fuzzy at the same time. I can straighten beyond belief but any moisture in the air and it fuzzes up. Think Monica's humidity hair!

so mine is going up, my dress is strapless too. I'm also using my hair to create some height cos I'm a lot shorter than h2b. I've had a good look on Pinterest and found loads of ideas.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

If it's any help, I had a strapless dress and I had long hair when I got married. I had a half up, half down style that felt comfortable for me. My hair never stays up, even with a bucket of hairspray!!! Check my report if you want to for photos x

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, it's not easy is it! I asked H2B and he said whatever you feel comfortable with! I want to look a bit different but not totally different. I still want to look half decent in the evening! I like the idea of half and half .. Thanks for the Pinterest tip - loads to choose from! Think I will get the hairdresser to try a few and take some pics!

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, it's not easy is it! I asked H2B and he said whatever you feel comfortable with! I want to look a bit different but not totally different. I still want to look half decent in the evening! I like the idea of half and half .. Thanks for the Pinterest tip - loads to choose from! Think I will get the hairdresser to try a few and take some pics!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics