Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cinnamon009
Beginner December 2014

Weddign aprons - practical or tacky?

cinnamon009, 22 of October of 2014 at 11:41 Posted on Planning 0 13

My OH made a very good point last night (he has his moments) about eating at the wedding breakfast. He asked me as a joke if I was having an extra big bib to cover my dress.

I have no idea how I miss my mouth but I often (i.e. pretty much every meal!) end up with something down my front or on my skirt. For example I am sat here with a mark where I dropped a blob of porridge from breakfast on my skirt. So now I'm thinking he is right and I need something to cover my dress.

The only thing I can find are wedding aprons which you can get personalised but I am wondering whether they will look tacky in the photos. But if not them then I don't know what else to get? This is the one I have seen http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+custom_couples_name_and_wedding_date_apron,1061391524?utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=aprons&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=cpc-product-ads-uk&utm_content=1061391524

Yes? No? Any other ideas?

13 replies

Latest activity by yorkshirekiwi, 23 of October of 2014 at 01:08
  • bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I'm not keen tbh. I think I'd prefer to just cover myself in napkins!

• MrsGreen-27/9/14
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsGreen-27/9/14 ·
    • Hide content

I like it! I think I might order one myself lol...... Although I got married 4 weeks ago now, we had a hot & cold buffet for the breakfast and when I went up one of the waitresses said 'hang on!' then put on of their aprons round me so I wouldn't spill any of my beef in ale all over my dress! She then followed me till I got back to the table bless her. I think it has comedic value as well as being practical, why not?!

• N
    Beginner June 2015
    nammy502 ·
    • Hide content

I also have this problem of missing my mouth and spilling things down me!

Im going to ask the wedding coordinator to leave a spare tablecloth (yes tablecloth!!) on my chair for me to use to cover/protect my dress as a napkin would be useless to cover anything!

this could be an option for you and means you dont need to buy anything extra.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I don't think the apron in your link is too bad as it'a fairly plain. I'm sure that's better than having food stains all down your dress!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I too am a champion spiller. But I'm not a fan of the apron. I think I'll probably just take care to ensure I'm pulled riiiight up to the table, use many napkins and eat more slowly and carefully, and hope for the best!

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

I didn't realise these were real things but I have been panicking about what to do coz I can be a messy eater- I was going to take one of my cooking aprons! I really really don't want gravy down me!

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean, I was thinking the same thing!

I knew I had seen some funky ones somewhere and book marked it one something, ha (it's taken me 10 minutes) to find these

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/153741547/mr-mrs-wedding-apron-set?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_query=mr+and+mrs+aprons&ga_ship_to=GB&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Not decided if I am going to get us them yet or not, will see closer to the time

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Regardless of whether people like them or not, with regards to the photos - I think most photographers won't take photos during the actual meal as nobody looks good while they're eating! So if you do have one, you could just take it off when you know the speeches are about to start and photos might be taken Smiley smile

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I'm not a fan to be honest.

Ask for a second napkin if you're really worried?

Your photographer won't be taking pictures but that doesn't stop your guests.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this! I'm gonna eat so so carefully!

• M
    Beginner September 2016
    MrsCtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

I have never even considered this, but I think its brilliant. I even think it'll make the photos look fun rather than the usual. If you feel like you want one then why the hell not. Better than messing your dress up.

I am now even going to be looking into them.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Err - no, they're just wrong. Use extra napkins and make sure you're leaning towards your food, especially any drippy stuff. Please don't wear a bib!

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

I kinda like them, but only as a joke.

So for instance I could imagine if you had the speeches before the meal and your BM gave them you as a joke as part of his speech, they you could get away with wearing them through the meal, you'd look like you were having a laugh and being good sports (and you don't need to tell anyone it was for a serious purpose) however if you were just to randomly get them out and put them on before you eat - that's just weird!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics