Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner November 2014

mirror shock

ginger811, 14 of October of 2014 at 16:39 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 3

Hi Guys,

Yesterday we had our first dancing lesson. It was great fun and we both really enjoyed it. The instructor has just sent the video of us dancing which i have just watched and I could have cried! I look horrendous and feel like a complete failure. I have been trying to do slimming world but can't seem to stop eating all the wrong foods. It is 4 weeks on Sat to the big day and i'm so sad that i've let myself down so badly. I know that i have made these choices but if a wedding isn't a big enough motivator then what is. The sad part now is that I am so down I just want to eat crap, lie on the sofa and feel sorry for myself.

Sorry for the depressing post but I just needed to vent. Hope everyone else is doing well xx

3 replies

Latest activity by Tams90, 10 of November of 2014 at 11:11
  • F
    Beginner April 2014
    fitwed ·
    • Hide content

Hi ginger811!

Darling! You have to stop there right now. Take a deep breath and you still have time to do something to make yourself feel and look better and not worse. You just need to refocus. You still have 4 weeks and you could help yourself to feel better! Also, you could lose quite a bit of weight and make yourself feel better!!! You need some support and accountability. And make the last 4 weeks the best ones!!!

If you need help for a quick push for 4 weeks, let us know.

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

I am sure you do not look horrendous in that video! Anyway, it will be no representation of how you'll look on the day with your dress on and hair and makeup done. You are heading in the right direction anyway by having a great time getting active and dancing for the wedding. I lost 11kg in 4 months before my wedding and it wasn't actually that hard. I found the best thing is not to deprive yourself but find lower calorie alternatives. Eg if you want something sweet, have a fruit ice lolly rather than ice cream, sugar free jelly rather than haribo and popcorn rather than crisps. Good luck! If you want to loose weight, go for it but if not, you will still look beautiful!

• E
    Beginner May 2015
    Em1986 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

Dont feel down.... 4 weeks is enough time to pick yourself up and feel better about this :-)

You can make some changes (not go on a crash diet) ... and do a little more exercise.. you could easily lose 4 pounds in 4 weeks and although it may not sound like a lot when you start making better choices you start to feel better and more confident in yourself .. and thats all you need. A little confidence to realise how much your OH and your family love as you are ... and you will look beautiful on the day!

Just start now... make some changes - eat healthy foods... it did wonders for my skin too :-)

• Tams90
    Beginner July 2016
    Tams90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I agree with the others, 4 weeks is plenty of time to sort yourself out. I know this may effect your dress however if you have a seamstress handy am sure they can help you out in such short notice.

Don't feel sorry for yourself and keep at it. You don't your big day being ruined because of this, and not get excited about the photos arriving because you don't want to see yourself.

Just keep active and eat healthy for 4 weeks straight and you should be amazed with the results.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics