Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LittleMissPanda
Beginner October 2015

Exercise suggestions?

LittleMissPanda, 19 of September of 2014 at 12:48 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 7

Hi all,

I have just over a year until my wedding and I want to lose at least 2 stone
My wedding dress is about 4 inches too small at the back and tight on my upper arms ... but ok on my hips (weird)

My problem is that I have a desk job, and a very very bad back & shoulder
I'm not allowed to use weights/kettlebells/TRX etc

My chiropractor has basically said that I'm allowed to walk, swim and rollerblade (as long I don't fall over!!)

I was just wondering if these exercises are going to do any good at all?
I eat quite healthy and recently cut out snacking at work and bought a smaller dinner plate so I won't eat so much in the evenings

Any advice is really appreciated Smiley smile

x

7 replies

Latest activity by fitwed, 29 of September of 2014 at 12:13
  • R
    Beginner October 2016
    RomanticRedHair192 ·
    • Hide content

Hi miss panda , I recently lost just under 4 stone , I went on to playstore and download an app called my fitness pal , all u have to do is enter your details and how much you want to lose and it works out how many calories u need to eat , I still us it now as ihave still got 10 lb to go , my weddings in 2016 , I also tried to walk at lest 4 times a week , I started with 1 mile then keeped adding miles on til it was easy doing 5-6 miles at a time I was only losing between 2 to 3 pound a week but its stayed off and its healthier than doing a crash diet as u can mantain and keep of the weight ,?

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely download that app!
    I do quite enjoy walking so I'll up my 30 mins to an hour and see how I get on ... I wasn't convinced that walking would be enough

x

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

I use myfitnesspal too....I think it is ace! Good luck Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner April 2014
    fitwed ·
    • Hide content

Hi there.

If you need any help setting up your daily calories then let me know and i can give you some pointers.

If you track your food for a few days then you will know how many calls you are consuming.

If you are restricted with exercise then this makes diet even more important.

Let me know if you need any help.

Regards

Jonny

• F
    Beginner April 2014
    fitwed ·
    • Hide content

Hi LittleMissPanda!

Just wanted to advise you on maybe what you can be doing. First thing to cover is you do need to focus on your nutrition and you can do other exercises which do not involved extra weight. So for your back to get better you need to work on your core (stomach muscles) and glutes (bumm). There are loads of body weight exercises you can do at home to strengthen those areas. Fitness pal is a great way of tracking what you eat and make sure we don't go over our allowed calories! However, we need to make sure that you get enough protein in your diet which is then would help you to lose weight.

i would like to help if there is anything you need help with, let me know. I work with engaged people and help people to get to your best shape and reach optimum health for wedding and the rest of their lives. So if any questions ask awaySmiley smile

if you need more info on how I can be more for your help, let me know

kind regards

• LittleMissPanda
    Beginner October 2015
    LittleMissPanda ·
    • Hide content

Hi Fitwed,

Could you possible give me an idea of what exercises I can be doing at home, preferably ones that won't upset my back (or chiropractor!)
    I have download the My Fitness Pal app and have set up a step counter on my phone as well so I know how many calories I'm burning off a day ... sad to say its not alot

Thank you in advance Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner April 2014
    fitwed ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

Ok, so if you have experienced lower back issues this can mean that you have weak gluteals (bum cheeks) tight hip flexors and some improvements in core strength will help.

Try doing this mobility drill every morning and evening - https://vimeo.com/102505610

After doing this for a few days you should feel a little bit more flexible and mobile.

Then you could try one of our metabolic sessions such as this - https://vimeo.com/102509556

Do these every other day, twice a day if you feel up to it. The sessions are only short but can get quite intense so work at your own pace and do the best you can.

Let us know how you get on!

Jonny & Vera

www.fitwed.co.uk

www.facebook/fitwed

• F
    Beginner April 2014
    fitwed ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

Ok, so if you have experienced lower back issues this can mean that you have weak gluteals (bum cheeks) tight hip flexors and some improvements in core strength will help.

Try doing this mobility drill every morning and evening - https://vimeo.com/102505610

After doing this for a few days you should feel a little bit more flexible and mobile.

Then you could try one of our metabolic sessions such as this - https://vimeo.com/102509556

Do these every other day, twice a day if you feel up to it. The sessions are only short but can get quite intense so work at your own pace and do the best you can.

Let us know how you get on!

Jonny & Vera

www.fitwed.co.uk

www.facebook/fitwed

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics