Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

7 day heart monitor

17 of September of 2014 at 21:26 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

Anyone ever had one? I'm being fitted for one this Friday but the hospital have given me no information at all on what to expect, just that they'll tell me everything on Friday. Well I like to plan ahead!

Any help much appreciated - particularly worried about sleeping.

13 replies

Latest activity by *Teabag*, 20 of September of 2014 at 08:59
  • Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

They're not too bad really. Just uncomfortable.

I had to strip off my top half to my bra (I was wearing a jumper if I'd been wearing a strappy top I might not have had to?) and he showed me where to place them and that I could move them very slightly if they irritated me. I was shown how it works, when I could take it off (shower only) how to record an "incident" ie If I fainted.

The pads really irritated me as I'm allergic to everything. It was uncomfortable to sleep but not impossible, i generally slept topless but with leggings and clipped the monitor to them, it was nowhere near as bad as I had expected, after maybe two nights I slept relatively normally. Easy to hide under clothes, the top pad occasionally would stick out but I wore higher necked tops to hide it so I don't think anyone ever noticed it.

Dropping it off took literally 5 minutes. Went in, disconnected it, put it in a tray and left. Then got a follow up appointment (which was bl00dy useless but there you go!)

hope that ramble helps even slightly.

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

I hope that it gets a bit more comfortable JoJo X

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

My mum has had one and it really hurt every time it took a reading, it turned out that it wasn't attached properly so it it hurts or is really uncomfortable, go and get them to check it's all attached properly!!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Yes I've had one. Nowhere near as bad as a 24 hr blood pressure monitor. But that's no help.

Sticking the pads back on after a bath was the most challenging thing as they dont stick to damp skin! I didn't find it painful at all and did get a bit used to it after a day or so. Seeing the readings later was fun!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear about this. One of my patients had this recently and he seemed to find it ok. He was quite nervous about it so l think he was pleasantly surprised.

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

How are you this morning JoJo? Did you manage to sleep ok? X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics