Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M

When the best man is a woman....

Meredithx, 11 of August of 2014 at 15:09 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone, I'm after some help and advice! My best friend is getting married next year (a year this Thursday!) and he's asked me to be best man. Thing is, I'm a woman, so already its thrown me. My biggest worry at the moment is the stag do (and the speech, but I have a few ideas for that). He's perfectly happy for me to arrange it for him, but I'm a bit concerned about the rest of the group and what they're expecting. Unfortunately, my friend moved south a few years back and has lost contact with a lot of the guys who we were both friends with, and so far I've not had chance to meet any of his friends where he is now, so they don't know me. My friend doesn't want a stereotypical stag, but I think the lads might have other ideas.

Any advice would be appreciated. Unfortunately there's not an awful lot of best woman advice on the net!

4 replies

Latest activity by gnosisart, 5 of October of 2014 at 21:13
  • C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

My OH i having his sister as best woman. I don't think she'll be involved in the stag though, I think she'll join in with my hen instead. sorry not any help but just wanted you to know that there are other best women.

• G
    Beginner September 2015
    gnosisart ·
    • Hide content

Right, men are good with and activity and a good old drink. I've asked my Best Man to sort out hover craft racing for mine and then find a country pub we can take over for the evening.

We are simple folk really us men so its hard to go wrong really, how about getting contacts for the invitees and asking for ideas, or flat out ask the groom.

Steve

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

My h2b is also having a best woman. Instead of a hen and stag do we're going to have a hag do. I'm thinking of booking a couple of games of lazer tag and then a meal out.

• G
    Beginner September 2015
    gnosisart ·
    • Hide content

Hag doos can work, (sten sounds nicer imho) I've been on two, one was great, the other one tensions got high and the bride took tensions out on the groom. Rather awkward. Was caused by difficult family behind the scenes stuff, we threw them a nice quaint extra hag tea party after to make up for it. Anyhoo, hope yours is of the former success and goes well!

• G
    Beginner September 2015
    gnosisart ·
    • Hide content

Hag doos can work, (sten sounds nicer imho) I've been on two, one was great, the other one tensions got high and the bride took tensions out on the groom. Rather awkward. Was caused by difficult family behind the scenes stuff, we threw them a nice quaint extra hag tea party after to make up for it. Anyhoo, hope yours is of the former success and goes well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics