Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2015

What size/weight should I be?

HappyGreenFlowers116, 7 of July of 2014 at 19:45 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 8

Hey everyone... This is my first post. I'm getting married on 16th May next year and really need to start planning and start a fitness regime and tone/loose some of the wobbly bits! Thing is, I've no idea where to start or how much I should loose. I'm a size 12 and weigh 11 stone.

Any thoughts guys? Also, how are you going about loosing some weight before your big day?

Rach x

8 replies

Latest activity by Mrsmooretobe, 25 of July of 2014 at 15:03
  • JAnine&JAmes
    Beginner September 2014
    JAnine&JAmes ·
    • Hide content

First of all: make it fun.... your husband to be loves you for whatever size you are.... if you want to lose weight because it will make you happier go ahead, but make it fun... fun=pleasurable... Body types are so different...and any magazine or doctor or whoever will have their opinion on how much an average person should weight. I would suggest whenever you feel good! And try once a day a vegetable juice (fresh,,,no preservatives) good luck! x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Missiecb ·
    • Hide content

Hi guys I'm wondering the same! Been trying to get to 10st for what feels like ages!!!!
    What's everyone doing to loose the weight????

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Counting calories is the way to do it. To lose a pound you need a deficit of 3500cals.

If you are exercising to tone up too then take measurements as muscle weighs more than fat so while you may be losing you'll also be gaining but changing shape for the better.

• JAnine&JAmes
    Beginner September 2014
    JAnine&JAmes ·
    • Hide content

Sounds complicate and not fun. Not for me... try vegetable juices...one a day.... You will see the difference very very soon! It cleans your system,,, I am trying to stick to one a day (but usually they are 3 or 4 per week as I am not always super excited to clean the juicer...) Anyway... I eat my meals and I drink a big glass of juice.,,, Lost a lot...basically I am not bloated anymore... my waist looks very good now.,.. no more love handles!! Yuppie!

• Tams90
    Beginner July 2016
    Tams90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, personally if I was you I would go dress shopping now to see what you look like in a wedding, then you'd be able to judge more clearly on what bits you need to work on and approx. how much.

When dieting I try not to torture myself otherwise I'd be miserable and no fun at all. Remember that you can still indulge in the odd little treat like I do but then I'll know afterwards I'll add a little more time onto my workout next time or something like that to compensate.

Calorie counting is helpful as stated by others. I use my fitness pal app to help keep track of my calorie intake ect. it's really helpful. During the week I stick to about 700 calories and then do 20-30 exercise every night. At the weekends I tend to treat myself a bit more but still try to get in a workout.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

I have gone from 10st 13 to 9st 2 and a size 12/14 to a 10 just by calorie counting. Took about 4 months, I am a sugar addict so had to count carefully! I don't drink though so that helped.

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    Mrsmooretobe ·
    • Hide content

I'm really sorry, but this is a pet hate of mine...muscle and fat in fact weigh the same: 1lb of muscle is the same as 1lb of fat. The difference is that muscle is more dense than fat. So 1lb of muscle occupies a smaller volume than 1lb of fat. That's the chemistry geek in me coming out... OP - As for what shape/size you "should" be, I'm gonna go with, wherever you are comfortable! if you find a dress which you love and looks amazing on you now, then why bother to lose weight? On the other hand, if you won't be happy at your current weight/size then I would recommend Slimming World! Eat plenty and lose weight - more a healthy eating plan than a diet Smiley smile

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fair enough but the point I was making was your weight may not change but your size will. As in the same volume of muscle will weigh more than the equivalent of fat.

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    Mrsmooretobe ·
    • Hide content

Totally agree! Hope I didn't offend Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics