Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

30 Day Shred before/after/success stories?

15 of February of 2014 at 21:27 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 38

It appears that I've been living on another planet and I've only just heard of the 30 Day Shred. It seems too good to be true?! Just wondering what other people's experiences if following the programme were? Did you stick to the full 30 Days? Did you lose weight? If so how much?

Wanting to get inspired!

:-D

38 replies

Latest activity by AmyE85, 19 of November of 2014 at 12:52
  • Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

I've done it a few times and always lost major inches. Never managed to do the full 30 days though! It kills my thighs. There's some really good-for-motivation before and after pics on the myfitnesspal forum. If you've not already bought it I've heard you can get the videos on YouTube for nowt!

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Ha, the first time I did it bending my legs to sit down (on the loo) the following day was agony. It does get easier although I'm still pathetic at press ups! Smiley winking hmm I might get the DVD out at the weekend and join you!

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

How odd, I just bought the dvd yesterday! Hopefully itl work for me too!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Minicupcake ·
    • Hide content

I order a copy on Monday night and it arrived today, can't wait to try in!

x x

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Well, I'm going to try my dress on in 2 weeks so I dug the shred out today. Gillian's still as annoying as ever, but I feel great having got back on it.

So impressed that you've seen a change already AlmostMrs! We should all check in here regularly for a bit of motivation!

• MrsBeckiW
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsBeckiW ·
    • Hide content

The most I have made it through is 14 days before 'life got in the way' ie. giving up!

I do find it really hard - which i know is that point :p I just HATE level two!!

I leant it to my brothers girlfriend yesterday so that's a good excuse for me not to worry about doing it for now :p

I agree about myfitnesspal - there is always loads of before and after 30 day shreds on there.

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

I slacked for the rest of last week, ha! in my defence work was crazy busy. BUT,.. I'm determined this week and just finished day 1 (again!)

I find those side lunges in the strength section bloody impossible. My body just doesn't move sideways!! I can't even do them without the weights ha,.. Glad mr ddpunk is as the gym and couldn't see my ridiculous attempts! How are you getting on AlmostMrs? Moved up to stage2 yet?

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

Good god, this dvd is horrific Smiley sad But I shall persevere! Keep going ladies! x

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

Day 8 tomorrow, almost done with level 1!

• UistBride
    Beginner September 2014
    UistBride ·
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this dvd! I am on day 25 now and while I've not being doing it every day (I do it most weekdays and then at the weekend only if I can't get out for a good long walk) and have dropped more than a dress size! It DOES get easier so stick with it! I'm still on level 1 as I decided to do a month on level 1 (I'm getting married in September), then a month on level 2 and finally onto level 3 - which I've heard is a killer :-s I decided to combine it with a vegan diet (even more of a killer than the dvd, believe me) as I had sneaked up to about a size 14 and my dream dress has been discontinued, and in the whole of Scotland I could only find 1 dress from all the stockists which is a size 12 - so in bridal sizes that's really a 10 as for some reason they're all much smaller. You'd think they'd go the other way to give a bride some confidence (you know, woo hoo! I fitted into a size 10! (when it's really a 12). I have a fitting next week *excited* so that's been my motivation until now...will let you know if it's worked next week - fingers crossed!! :-)

• smccallum
    Beginner May 2015
    smccallum ·
    • Hide content

Reading this thread has motivated me to start this workout! I get married next year, I already have the dress so don't really want to loose too much and not be myself but I want to loose enough that I feel confident (especially with my arms!).

So today I started Level 1 of 30 day shred, so thankful that it is on you tube otherwise I think I would have kept putting off buying the DVD and then starting it!

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

Well done for getting started on it, the hardest step is the first one! Ive just done day 14, 4 days into level 2. I have decided I HATE level 2, lol. Saying that, I hated level 1 the first couple of days too, and by days 8 9 and 10 I found it much easier! Keep up the good work!

• smccallum
    Beginner May 2015
    smccallum ·
    • Hide content

I did find today slightly easier. I am happy with what I am being able to achieve. Is this your first time doing 30day shred?

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

Yep Smiley smile Gotta be honest, on level 1 I would look forward to doing it every day, but Im really having to force myself to do level 2. I just hate planks, lol. God knows how Im going to cope with level 3! I think next time I do it, Ill do an entire 30 days at level 1 then see if that helps my endurance. How are you doing it, 10 days at each level or 30 days at each?

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

I do the 30DS 4 times a year, one month on-3 months off. I think it's great. One piece of advice I would give though is to take your measurements as well as weighing yourself. I'm just about to start my 6th shred and for all but the first shred I have actually gained weight instead of losing it. It's a bit disheartening when you stand on the scales, but I soon realised I was toning up and feeling so much fitter and my old clothes were falling off me. i worked out that I was gaining muscle which is heavier than fat for the same volume. So although i was getting heavier, I was getting smaller, fitter and stronger too. Bin the scales - Use your clothes and your mirror as your guide!

• B
    Beginner December 2014
    blushingbride14 ·
    • Hide content

Taking measurements is definitely better than constantly weighing yourself. I speak from experience, as a former slaves to the scales!

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

I wish id taken measurements in the beginning! A little disappointed in myself tonight, after 5 days at level 2 I had to have a rest day yesterday due to my plantar fasciitis (fancy name for 'dodgy feet', lol) flaring up, and I got back on it today but within seconds my ankle was killing and I couldnt do the moves as strongly as normal, so I really dont feel like I got the full benefit from my workout tonight. Ive also really neglected my other exercise this week (pilates and weight training) as Im so tired and just cant be arsed to get up at the crack of dawn. Ah well, I'll just have to pick myself up and kick myself in the bum, lol. How are we doing this week ladies? x

• W
    Beginner August 2014
    weddingvirgin ·
    • Hide content

I'd never even heard of the 30 day shred but have decided to give it a go. I've just done day one. Found it ok with a couple of tough exercises. Will see how I feel tomorrow though! I already have a reasonable level of fitness though so thinking I might have to team it up with a run or a swim maybe but it's the perfect work out to do on the days I'm working. I do 12 and a half hour shifts so don't really have much time to exercise on those days!

• katieliz3
    Beginner December 2014
    katieliz3 ·
    • Hide content

You are not alone, I've just twigged it seeing your post!! I am going to try this. Bit scared but needs must. 222 days until I marry the man of my dreams and I want to feel amazing.

Good luck if you decide to go ahead too.

• Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

Bringing this thread back from the dead! Did anyone complete? I've just finished level 1 I lost a stone 1/2 through 5:2 and it's time to tone. I've tried the 30ds once before and only got to day 15 so I'm determined to at least beat that this time! I hate level 2 and 3 but must man up!

• O
    Beginner August 2015
    okydoke ·
    • Hide content

I am starting again! I never manage to do it every day but I'm going to see how short a time I can complete it! Will take measurements tonight too now I've found a tape measure!

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content

I did my first day yesterday... feeling it so much today!!! Need to perservere though!

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    KyleighB ·
    • Hide content

Did day two of workout 2 last night, hurting today!

Ive not been eating any carbs either and 12 days in and ive gone down 2 holes on my belt ?

• Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

I'm at my mid point day 15! I only do it Monday - Friday tho as I'd die if my oh saw me doing it!

• *RMD*
    Beginner April 2015
    *RMD* ·
    • Hide content

I did day 1 today. I'm trying to be positive lol

• H
    Beginner April 2016
    habbott-89 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all

How long is it? As I dint have a lot of time on my hands, but would love to try this?
    Thankoo

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    MellieMoo ·
    • Hide content

Can you do this when you're not already fit? I work from home and literally never exercise. Want to go from a 12/14 back to a 10, but anything that takes a long time I tend to give up on :-/

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Hi MellieMoo,

Yes, give it a go. When i first bought this I had 0 fitness. I'll be honest and say that on day 1 of my first ever time doing level 1 I did the beginner modifications throughout, and sometimes couldn't even complete the full set and had to take a few 5 second breathers. But i stuck with it followed the DVD every day. on day 2 I woke up and couldn't walk, my my whole body was aching from just 20 mins effort. i stuck the dvd on and kept going (day 2 of each level I always find by far the hardest) but by day 5 I could do the beginner moves through level 1 without any rests.

I did it dilligently, every day for the full 30 days. On the first time through i never progressed beyond the beginner versions, but i did the shred 4 times over a year, once every 3 months and noticed that each time i was progressing and getting fitter. Now i can do all the advanced moves, except push ups which i still can't do!

I'm following a different training programme now, so I don't do the shred as a full 30 day programme anymore, but I still find it great for when i'm short of time and want a quick way to get a workout in.

I'd say the fact that it's short, requires minimal physical space and equipment all make it great for beginners.

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    MellieMoo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks kiwi Smiley smile Do you remember how much weight you lost the first time you did it?

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Actually to be honest on the first time I didn't lose any weight. BUT I lost 2 inches each on my hips and bust and lost 4 inches from my waist. Thats my other tip: measure as well as weigh, especially if you are quite unfit as you will build muscle if you stick with it.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Actually to be honest on the first time I didn't lose any weight. BUT I lost 2 inches each on my hips and bust and lost 4 inches from my waist. Thats my other tip: measure as well as weigh, especially if you are quite unfit as you will build muscle if you stick with it.

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

Never heard of this before until it got bumped up. I've managed 4 work outs (3 stage 1, 1 stage 2) since last week and oh my it's hard. But i'm enjoying the challenge! I can't do it daily as would never fit it in, but when i know there's the time i'm quite eager to give it another go. Until it gets hard that is! Probably not related but some very rare eczema has cropped up with avengence on the inside of my elbow which adds to the hardness, as it's so sore and workout obviously requires a lot of bending! But i'm hoping to persevere, but the rate will probably drop to once/twice a week

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics