Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daenerys Targaryen
Beginner May 2013

Red hair with Purple Bridesmaid dresses

Daenerys Targaryen, 4 of March of 2013 at 21:37 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi all,

Ok long story short, my bridesmaids will be wearing deep purple dresses, as on the pic.

Ive always had bright red hair, but im getting a lot of pressure from family/friends to tone it down a bit for the wedding as red will clash with the purple, and in this case I agree. But i've just been going through lots of old pics and i much prefer how i look with red. At the same time I dont want to lower the tone of the wedding pics etc etc.

Anyways opinions much appreciated!

13 replies

Latest activity by MrsB2013, 5 of March of 2013 at 13:29
  • Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

My best friend had this to she had purple hair and the groom and bright red.

they ignored everyone and looked fab. Even in the pictures they look like "them"

if you want red hair. Have it. Smiley smile

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

First of all, your username is the best! (and I'm pegging on her taking the throne at the end of the books) and i dont think it'll be an issue. i think sometimes people can get hung up on the details too much.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Firstly, no spoilers on the books please, only on the third and am also rooting for Khaleesi!

Anyway, I wouldn't tone your hair down for photos, if it's characteristic of you that's even better, you'll love it afterwards. One thing I notice people love about their photos is that they love how "them" it is, it feels real and unique. That's what really matters. You want to look like you in your own wedding pics Smiley smile

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

My sister is ginger and we had dark purple BM dresses - it looked really nice on her!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I would tell them to jog on. Your hair not theirs.

• StephDobsonx
    Beginner June 2014
    StephDobsonx ·
    • Hide content

I agree, You do what you like with your hair! Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner June 2014
    Babbo ·
    • Hide content

If you like it red have it red ;-) its your big day and you need to feel your best ;-)

• Daenerys Targaryen
    Beginner May 2013
    Daenerys Targaryen ·
    • Hide content

Okays thanks for the feedback everyone, you have made me feel much better about being myself on the wedding day, I havent coloured my hair for a while but im looking forward to doing it again and going back to the old me! Smiley smile

And dont worry i wont give any GOT spoilers! ?

• Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content

Just want to say that I agree with everyone else. And honestly I do think that purple clothes and red hair look nice together. Also just from the pic you've shown, the cello is reddish and looks lovely with the dress ?

• Purple*Sparkles
    Beginner June 2013
    Purple*Sparkles ·
    • Hide content

Hi, my colour is cadbury purple and currently both my BM have red hair, they have thought about changing it for the wedding because they feel it clashes. I am a strong believer in people being themselves and I am not resally fussed what colour they have their hair. In your case you are not the one wearing the purple dress so I would just say, be yourself and be red!!

x

• littlecathy
    Beginner August 2013
    littlecathy ·
    • Hide content

It's them wearing the purple, not you...

I had reddish hair as a bridesmaid in lilac, which I thought clashed but the bride wasn't bothered in the slightest!

Don't worry about it - you need to look like you...

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    MrsB2013 ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaid dresses are dark purple, my sister was blonde when they were bought and just dyed her hair red. We went in to collect the dresses (and tried them on) and I was then worried it would clash but looked nice so im happy x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics