Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2013

Wedding flowers July wedding

Bride to be Becky from Derbyshire, 2 of January of 2013 at 20:50 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello all, our July wedding is soon coming round and I'm starting to panic a little now. Our colour them is yellow and black. I want the wedding flowers to be Lilly as the are my fave flowers but I cannot decide whether the standard Lilly's or calla Lilly what do you think ??

I want white for me and the bridesmaids will have yellow.

meeting with a few florists this weekend to hopefully pick and book them

Idea options for me

Or

Or

Choices for bridesmaids

The ones in the vase but yellow

Or

3 replies

Latest activity by Babbo, 5 of March of 2013 at 12:00
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

The calla lilies will be more expensive than the oriental lily if that helps you to make a decision. Callas are notorious for fluctuating in price and can range from £4.00 per stem to £10 per stem from one week to another so the florist has to allow for this when quoting as there is no way of knowing how much they will actually be until she orders them.

The ones in the vase in your 4th photo are stargazer lilies which only come in the pink shading or white with paler pink shading. The top photo of the white lilies are casablanca lilies. The tiger lilies which are availabile in yellow are slightly smaller than these. The orange lilies in this photo are tiger lilies which also come in yellow in fresh:-

And these are the casablanca lilies:-

Although these are all artificial as I don't do fresh flowers anymore but as you can see, the tiger lilies are smaller than the oriental lily. Hope that helps.

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    Bride to be Becky from Derbyshire ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou for your help rarainbow. I will bear your help in mind I think will go with the tiger ones .

thanks again

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    Bride to be Becky from Derbyshire ·
    • Hide content

Had a really productive day today!

picked and ordered wedding flowers. Decided on the white cala Lily's mixed with some yellow gerberas(apologies if I've spelt it wrong)

im having a tear drop bouquet and bridesmaids are having the same flowers but a hand held bunch.

i have also brought table decorations today too I'm so excited :-)

• B
    Beginner June 2014
    Babbo ·
    • Hide content

All the designs are very pretty ;-) i prefer the standard lillys ;-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics