Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BowlingBride
Beginner September 2012

What to wear to a wedding help?

BowlingBride, 24 of December of 2012 at 19:51 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

Hi folks

I'm attending a wedding at the end of January what do you think of this? http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+Womens-Clearance-Dress-Tunics-You-Will-Be-Spotted-Dress+LD381#FFreviews I always worry dresses are too short. I'm not sure wehether i'd be cold either what would you wear with it ? I don't want to put too much black with it but i dont know what else would go.

11 replies

Latest activity by Gillsy, 13 of January of 2013 at 18:02
  • I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I really like it, but I think it depends how short it comes up on you. I'm not a fan of short dresses being worn at weddings but that's probably just me! Love the design though.

• BowlingBride
    Beginner September 2012
    BowlingBride ·
    • Hide content

Yeah it's the whole day, I think I might be an all black jobby your right just hoped someone had a better suggestion. I've not ordered it yet but I think it may be fairly short I'm hoping not to short I'm running out of ideas for what to wear. I'm rubbish at shopping ugh. Thanks ladies

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to a wedding on Saturday (a rather posh one at the Langham Hotel in London) and have no flippin' idea of what to wear. Shoes are a particular problem. Winter weddings are VERY difficult.

As regards your suggested dress, (I love Joe Browns)> I really like it. If you have to wear a fair amount of black with it, could you remove the corsage and add a very sparkly brooch and some f-me earrings to make it a bit more festive?

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I think the dress is gorgeous and would look great with black tights and shoes. I don't think it would be too much black at all

• BowlingBride
    Beginner September 2012
    BowlingBride ·
    • Hide content

I'll order it and see how short it comes up if its not wedding suitable H will just have to take me out somewhere I can wear it, there's an idea AC and a reason to buy something sparkly. I love Joe browns they have a sale on and I want it all. I've not been to many weddings the last one I wore a big white dress i've been told wearing that again is a no no he he.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

BowlingBride - did you order this dress?? Just wondering as I was thinking of ordering it x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Love this dress!

• BowlingBride
    Beginner September 2012
    BowlingBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ordered what I think is the same dress from house of Fraser for £15 (its a different brand but looks identical) , it was great apart from it wouldn't fit my boobs very well I'm a 32f and the dress was a size 10 if that helps apart from that I loved it. I didn't try a bigger size as I found something I liked better in the monsoon sale.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks BB. I had a look on HoF website but can't see it. I'm not as lucky as you in the front dept so I Might just order from JB lol xx

• BowlingBride
    Beginner September 2012
    BowlingBride ·
    • Hide content

Http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Sodamix+Sodamix+polka+dot+lace+dress/168565918,default,pd.html

If you've not ordered yet the above link hopefully works

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant thanx. Order placed xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics