Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner March 2013

March 2013 bride - walking down the aisle song help needed!!!! :-)

Ladylaurax, 28 of August of 2012 at 18:58 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi

I have been registered on here for over a year & this is the first time I have used the forum so please bare with me ?

I cannot find a song to walk down the aisle to, I don't really fancy the cannon in d

We are getting married in an hotel not a church so I don't want the traditional wedding march

Any ideas welcome

Any advise on the wedding planning welcome too

Many thanks ?

Laura x

15 replies

Latest activity by learndance, 11 of October of 2012 at 13:35
  • ladyworm
    Beginner October 2012
    ladyworm ·
    • Hide content

Hi Laura,

Welcome & congratulations!!

The only thing I can suggest is maybe seeing if a string quartet can play an arrangement of a favourite song of yours. To see what I mean search for Vitamin String Quartet on youtube, they are American but gave us the idea to have a really non traditional song arranged and played by a string quartet whilst we sign the register.

Good luck and enjoy the planning!

Angela x

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure I'm going to walk down the aisle to Bruno Mars Marry You. The traditional songs really aren't me at all and OH says that song reminds him of me Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEA2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Laura, I agree with Pink Han-bag the traditional songs meant nothing to me and I saw this one particular part of the day as my choice and my moment. Soo, I'm walking down the aisle to a Westlife song, my OH is a singer in a rock band and would never let me have it as a first dance and so this was the only place I could sneak in my cheesy pop taste ?

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

Hello & welcome!

Maybe just a song that means something to you and your H2B...

I am having the wedding march because although we're not getting married in a church i just always pictured walking down the aisle to that and then having Cannon in D for signing the Registrar & Jack Johnson, better together when we are leaving ?

When are you getting married? x

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking down to come away with me by Norah jones

My friend had songbird by Eva Cassidy

I just heard Norah jones on my iPod one day and went 'Oh, that's it, that is the song.' it's the first dance we are struggling with!

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    Ladylaurax ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies

Thank you for all your replies!

Cannon in D is a beautiful song, I think we are going to have that for the signing on of the register & the exit bit. I just wanted something with abit more umph for walking down the aisle, all the sort of love/girly songs i like all seem to be about relationships breaking up! ? such as Sinead O'Connor nothing compares to you

Vintage dreams - Our first dance is going to be to feels like home by Edwina Hayes (from the film Sisters keeper, the beach scene). Always makes me cry when i hear it! ?

Becki2013 We are getting married on 30/03/13

Many Thanks Ladies & good luck to you all

Laura x

• pinkle86
    Beginner September 2012
    pinkle86 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I wanted music that we both liked but was also romantic...not easy when we both like rock/metal. However I found loads of string quartet versions of our favourite song on you tube and converted them to MP3. A favourite of mine of you tube is a group called vitamin - they have done loads of covers - I'm sure you will find something. ? GL.

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

I'm walking down to come away with me by Norah jones

My friend had songbird by Eva Cassidy

I just heard Norah jones on my iPod one day and went 'Oh, that's it, that is the song.' it's the first dance we are struggling with!

• Hawk
    Beginner September 2012
    Hawk ·
    • Hide content

I am walking into church to Pachelbel, Canon in D on the organ.

Can't wait.

• amy@weddingdaydanceuk.co.uk
    amy@weddingdaydanceuk.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I walked the aisle to Pachabel's Cannon, but I do think that Feel My Love by Adele is a fantastic song to walk down the aisle to. It's so emotional and lyrically appropriate, as well as being slow enough to make your walk last as long as possible!

• P
    Beginner May 2013
    poochy ·
    • Hide content

Hi Laura,

Congratulations

I was thinking of cyndi laupers time after time. Im getting married in spain so im having a spanish guitar until its time for the ceremony.

Louise x

• Sarah-March-2013
    Beginner March 2013
    Sarah-March-2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, welcome Smiley smile I'm a March 2013 bride too, not long to go now!

We are in Scotland so are having a piper but if we weren't I'd *definitely* walk down to Etta James - At Last. It's just perfect (I think) x

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a string quartet now, walking down the aisle to come away with me by Nora Jones, I cry everytime I hear it so goodness knows what I will be like on the day! Close second was Eva Cassidy's songbird but my friend had that so having that for signing the register. Both songs had a personal meaning so it made picking them fairly easy- its the first dance we can't agree on!

• sophamie
    Beginner May 2013
    sophamie ·
    • Hide content

My brother will be playing his electro-acoustic guitar while I walk down the ailse....he'll be playing the acoustic version of Foo Fighters - Everlong Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner April 2013
    Excited_Bride_To_Be ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in a catholic church so providing my song gets the go ahead from the priest then il be walking up the aisle to Beyonce's Ave Maria, always gives me chills when i hear it and although the lyrics are referring to god, they too could be referring to ur h2bxx

• learndance
    learndance ·
    • Hide content

Hi Laura,

Our friends recently used Ed Sheeran - Kiss Me to walk down the aisle in a hotel registry ceremony, went down quite well. I also choreographed it for another couple recently so it can work as a first dance too!

Hope this helps.

Antony

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics