• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

March 2013 bride - walking down the aisle song help needed!!!! :-)

vintagedreams
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12Next >
Sort Posts:
  • March 2013 bride - walking down the aisle song help needed!!!! :-)

Hi 

I have been registered on here for over a year & this is the first time I have used the forum so please bare with me Smile

I cannot find a song to walk down the aisle to, I don't really fancy the cannon in d 

We are getting married in an hotel not a church so I don't want the traditional wedding march

Any ideas welcome

Any advise on the wedding planning welcome too

Many thanks Big Smile

Laura x

• Re: March 2013 bride - walking down the aisle song help needed!!!! :-)

Hi Laura,

Welcome & congratulations!!

The only thing I can suggest is maybe seeing if a string quartet can play an arrangement of a favourite song of yours.  To see what I mean search for Vitamin String Quartet on youtube, they are American but gave us the idea to have a really non traditional song arranged and played by a string quartet whilst we sign the register. 

Good luck and enjoy the planning!

Angela x

I'm pretty sure I'm going to walk down the aisle to Bruno Mars Marry You.  The traditional songs really aren't me at all and OH says that song reminds him of me :)

Countdown

Hi Laura, I agree with Pink Han-bag the traditional songs meant nothing to me and I saw this one particular part of the day as my choice and my moment. Soo, I'm walking down the aisle to a Westlife song, my OH is a singer in a rock band and would never let me have it as a first dance and so this was the only place I could sneak in my cheesy pop taste Cool

Hello & welcome!

Maybe just a song that means something to you and your H2B...

I am having the wedding march because although we're not getting married in a church i just always pictured walking down the aisle to that and then having Cannon in D for signing the Registrar & Jack Johnson, better together when we are leaving Smile

When are you getting married? x

I'm walking down to come away with me by Norah jones 

My friend had songbird by Eva Cassidy 

I just heard Norah jones on my iPod one day and went 'Oh, that's it, that is the song.' it's the first dance we are struggling with! 

Hi Ladies

Thank you for all your replies!

Cannon in D is a beautiful song, I think we are going to have that for the signing on of the register & the exit bit.  I just wanted something with abit more umph for walking down the aisle, all the sort of love/girly songs i like all seem to be about relationships breaking up! Tongue Tied  such as Sinead O'Connor nothing compares to you

Vintage dreams - Our first dance is going to be to feels like home by Edwina Hayes (from the film Sisters keeper, the beach scene).  Always makes me cry when i hear it! Smile

Becki2013 We are getting married on 30/03/13

Many Thanks Ladies & good luck to you all

Laura x

Hi, I wanted music that we both liked but was also romantic...not easy when we both like rock/metal. However I found loads of string quartet versions of our favourite song on you tube and converted them to MP3. A favourite of mine of you tube is a group called vitamin - they have done loads of covers - I'm sure you will find something. Big Smile GL.

I'm walking down to come away with me by Norah jones 

My friend had songbird by Eva Cassidy 

I just heard Norah jones on my iPod one day and went 'Oh, that's it, that is the song.' it's the first dance we are struggling with! 

• Hawk
    • Joined on 23 Apr 2011

I am walking into church to Pachelbel, Canon in D on the organ.

Can't wait.

I walked the aisle to Pachabel's Cannon, but I do think that Feel My Love by Adele is a fantastic song to walk down the aisle to. It's so emotional and lyrically appropriate, as well as being slow enough to make your walk last as long as possible!

Amy 

Director of Wedding Day Dance UK

www.weddingdaydanceuk.co.uk

Filed under:

Hi Laura,

Congratulations

I was thinking of cyndi laupers time after time.  Im getting married in spain so im having a spanish guitar until its time for the ceremony.

Louise x

Hiya, welcome :) I'm a March 2013 bride too, not long to go now!

We are in Scotland so are having a piper but if we weren't I'd *definitely* walk down to Etta James - At Last. It's just perfect (I think) x

30th March 2013. Hurry up and come!

*NEEDS* to start loosing some weight for the big day

16th April - 146lbs

20th July - 138lbs

29th July - 135lbs

21st September - 128lbs

I'm having a string quartet now, walking down the aisle to come away with me by Nora Jones, I cry everytime I hear it so goodness knows what I will be like on the day! Close second was Eva Cassidy's songbird but my friend had that so having that for signing the register. Both songs had a personal meaning so it made picking them fairly easy- its the first dance we can't agree on! 

• sophamie
    • Joined on 29 Sep 2007
    • United Kingdom

My brother will be playing his electro-acoustic guitar while I walk down the ailse....he'll be playing the acoustic version of Foo Fighters - Everlong :)

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12Next >