Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ATB
Beginner August 2014

Because we all love a hairstyle thread...

ATB, 15 of August of 2012 at 13:56 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 15

What do you think of this? I'm worried my hair is a bit fine for it though, it's not mega fine, but not as thick as I think this girl's is? I also have a round face so don't want the mushroom effect!? Currently it's long and straight and a bit meh.. All I do every day is tie it up in bun, which is a lazy cop out! When it's down I feel it just hangs their like curtains! Honest opinons please, and is this bob sexy? I've only had long hair for so long now, I don't want to feel like Susan Boyle!

15 replies

Latest activity by *JLS*, 15 of August of 2012 at 16:11
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I like it but she does look like she has thick hair!! if you go short be prepared to spend more time styling it in the mornings!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Lots of blow drying and backcoming - trust me!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I chopped my hair off like this after the wedding, but like JoJo said it was shorter up the back so was a more angled graduation. I also had a heavy fringe cut in.

Whilst I did love it on me, and still do love the style, I am now growing it out again as it is a pain in the backside if you are in a hurry as it takes so much longer, due to the fact that it always has to be styled, you can't just tie it back and my hair is thick and frizzy so I wanted to be able to put it up during the day on holiday by the pool ! I also didnt like the fact that I could never do anything 'special' with it if I was going anywhere, it looked the same day or night !

But if you are not as lazy as me I would say go for it !

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I love it ATB but can only echo what Flowmeiseter says about the hair looking thick and the extra maintenance that would be involved. I'm the not the best person to speak to about hair faffing I grow mine long so I don't have to do anything with it.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this is me also lol

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Yep that's what I thought, that it is going to be a lot of faf!!! I have straight hair so think it would be ok with just being blow dryed, but then would I need to back comb too - gah!!!

I am very lazy and currently wash and go! Perhaps not for me then, but then I need to do something, hair is dull dull dull at the moment!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

sames here dearest..i need somethign done with my thin lank hair!! (i am not seeing any of this thick glossyness they promise preggo women!)

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

It's the exact style I'll be having after my wedding.

It's my favourite style and suits me the most, but I have really thick hair, so it "holds" the style well.

I don't think it would look the same with thin hair.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ali - that's as I thought really ☹️

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

You would def need thick hair for that hairstyle. Its gorgeous, I love the colour as well!

I would love hair like that but mine is so think & lanky & since coming off the pill greasy ☹️

My mum is a hairdresser & I regularly torment her about hairstyles I'd like but she is hones enough to say they wont work. She is kind enough to out my clip in extenions in everytime Im going somewhere nice!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

You could still have the same length and style etc though, it just wouldn't have as much volume.

My friend has thin hair, and she has a graduated bob which looks lovely.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I have quite fine hair and i cut mine into a long bob, and I actually think it looks much fuller than when it was long, then ends made it really limp. I'm growing it out now because I'm a bit bored as there's only so much you can do with it, but i say go for it

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Ok this is going to sound vain and shallow, forgive me... but those of you who've had short hair, do you still feel feminine and sexy??!

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah Mine seems to have done this as well, I put it down to the heat, but this could explain things more as there hasn't been much heat around!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics