Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pinky6
Beginner June 2012

On the subject of the lottery/euro millions..

Pinky6, 10 of August of 2012 at 16:18 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 25

How much would you like to win?

How much would you want to win before you quit your job?

If you won £150 million, what would be the first thing you bought?

GO!

25 replies

Latest activity by Pinky6, 12 of August of 2012 at 16:43
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

A life changing amount would be £200,000 - no debt, house owned outright so nearly all money (apart from household bills) is ours.

To stop work completely maybe £2m if you were careful?

£150m - first thing would be a luxury holiday - get away from all and let it sink in.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

A house

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I'd like to win as much as possible! Then I would decide what we needed, what our friends and family needed and then what to do with the rest...

If we won £500,000 it would definitely be enough to keep our house, and by two more to rent out round here. Preferably student-lets and each would bring in approx £1500-£2000 a month (we could EASILY live off £4k a month without a mortgage of our own).

I'd love a new car, nothing too flash, something like a mini cooper or audi A3 for Mr DB.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

How much - as much as possible obviously ?

I think we'd want to win £300,000 before I quit my job. This would enable us to buy our flat outright, meaning we could survive on H's income. I'd quit work to bring my babies up and maybe aim to go back part-time when they were school-age. We'd need more like £1.5mil before we could both quit our jobs - in that case we'd buy a few flats locally and rent them out so we can live off the income.

If I won £150mil tonight, I'd be down the shops tomorrow to buy myself some really expensive maternity dresses, just because I could! Then obviously house, furnishings, baby stuff and savings.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Like to win? Without being greedy? £500, 000k..enough to pay fof mortgage, buy a fab house outright and pay off any debts

Want to win before quitting work? £2.5million...easily live off interest alone

£150mill, what would i buy first? The house im living in!! then a farm...ahh a farm with a tea shop Smiley smile

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

If you won around £2 million, would you stay in your current house and quit your job or continue working and buy a bigger more lavish house?

I think a couple of mill would be a nice amount to win, I really wouldn't know what to do with millions and millions. I wouldn't want my life to change drastically, it would just be nice to be more comfortable financially and be able to treat family and friends.

If I won £150 the first thing I would do would be to quit my job!! Then yeah a holiday sounds like a good idea, going back to the Maldives would be nice Smiley smile

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

Id like to win around £50milllion. This would enable me to make all of my family millionaires and still have plenty to change my life.

First thing I would do is book a long holiday and decide what to do with the rest. I Would buy a house, a holiday home and a car.

I would quit my job for about £2m, could easily live off the interest and buy a mortgage free house.

I hate playing this game, I genuinely believe I'm going to win, then when I don't, I am devastated.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

How much would you like to win? £5 million or so

How much would you want to win before you quit your job? I wouldn't, I like my job. I would just go part time or freelance.

If you won £150 million, what would be the first thing you bought? A new car

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do a Richard Branson and buy your own island!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

We rent our house but we do love it but its only a 2 bed so I think if we won millions we wouldn't stay here no..

It would take 2million for Mr C to quit work. We would then invest in student property and let it out.

Would go on holiday first no matter the amount and figure out how to spend, how much to give family and friends etc. We would both go on a crash driving course and buy a car! Type of car would depend on the amount!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I would like to win about £5 million, which would be enough to pay all our debts, buy a new house, cars etc, pay our close friends and family's debts and still have a bit left to live off the interest.

As much as I would like some of the huge houses you see on Rightmove, Cribs etc, I think it would be a waste for just me and OH so we would probably just buy a really nice 6 bed so H's kids could have a room each (they only stay every other weekend), we could have a couple of guest rooms and I could have a big walk in wardrobe/dressing room. I appreciate this would still be a substantial size house but I don't think it would feel like we were rattling around in it.

I think I would give up work if we won £2 million as we could easily afford to live off H's wages if we had no mortgage and no debt, and this amount would allow us to pay all our debts and buy the house, car etc but not give much to friends and family.

The first thing I would buy is 2 plane tickets to somewhere exotic, maybe St Lucia, to relax and think about how we were going to spend our money.

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pretty much WSS.

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

I would love to win £500k that would be great!

£4 mil to quit work!

and if I won the big draw it would be a plane ticket to the states for my mum, dad and sister to get their various health concerns dealt with. and a nice holiday for me and OH and upgrade the wedding plans!!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I would love to win maybe a million? Enough to buy our house, buy my mum and brother little houses, give them some money buy my brother and H a car, H could set up his own business and we could take a holiday. We would have a Enough left in a savings fund to be comfortable.

Would maybe take 3/4 million for us both to give up work?

If I win £150 million I would do everything above but maybe nicer houses/cars. Wed have a house in London. Id buy my mum a flat in Italy as its her dream. I'd make sure my mum and brother had enough they'd never have to work, I'd put enough in bank accounts for my children to be comfortable. Wed make sure Hs family were okay and set up accounts for our 11 cousins. I would never work again and would do charity work and give loads to different charities. H would like to volunteer with a charity like Habitat for Humanity or similar. I wouldn't want my life to change (i don't think I'd tell people how much I'd won. Just say Id won something) loads but I'd want to be able to take amazing holidays and help others.

• samwiches
    Beginner August 2013
    samwiches ·
    • Hide content

How much would you like to win?

Honestly, I'd be happy with anything. 100,000 would help us just for the time being. But hey, it's the lottery! So maybe 2 million if I'm not being too greedy.

How much would you want to win before you quit your job?

Probably 2 million or so

If you won £150 million, what would be the first thing you bought?

I'd buy us a house, a nice big one that we could start a family in, but not huge. A new car each. And I'd bring the wedding forwards, probably to April, and have it on our "getting together" anniversary. Okay that's a few things but those are on the top of my list lol ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

£50k would be pretty life changing for me pay off some debts and enough for a deposit.

£2 million to give up work, build up a property portfolio and live off the rent.

£150 million- Umm pitch up at Harrods, Harvey Nics and Selfridges with a trolley a few assistance and shop until I drop, get my teeth done by a top dentist, buy a house and employ and interior designer to do it up for me well I piss off around the world.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Well some lucky soul won the jackpot but sadly not me ☹️

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Nor me! ☹️ As a syndicate we buy 8 tickets... and this week we won NOTHING! Not even a quid! Usually we get a few pounds back, but nothing at all ☹️

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

£ 1.58

Not quite enough to retire on!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

The work syndicate had better have won something! I'm holding out for match 5 plus 1 star - would get us £100k each.

No, what do you mean I would have surely found out via facebook?! Shhh.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hold on to the dream Kharv, hold on to the dream.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Bit miffed, matched 4 numbers in the lottery last night and only won £57. I am sure you used to get way more for matching 4 numbers [:'(]

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tis rubbish isn't it, I think it needs to be a bit more evenly spread! I didn't win anything at all either, very depressed about that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics