• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

Quantity question i.e. nappies/formula

Monkeybear959
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Quantity question i.e. nappies/formula

We're costing out a few things. 

How many nappies do your newborns go through a week? Also, if you use formula for whatever reason, how many of those tubs do you go through a week?

Also, if you have the baby in your room do they sleep in a moses basket, crib or their cot in your room? Where in the room are they?

Samuel Stuart Angel born at 21 weeks - 19.05.2011

Locked Contact
  • Re: Quantity question i.e. nappies/formula

I used to go through 6-8 nappies a day on average. Slightly less now. We had P in our room. We had. Mess basket but she wouldn't sleep in it so ended up buying a co sleeper cot. We've just sold that as she stopped sleeping in that too. She has lways been right next to me by the bed or more Sally in bed with me. 

I can spell and use grammar. I can also write adequate prose. I just find these things hard on an Apple device.

Baby girl P 21.11.2011 7lb 6oz at 38+3. Absolutely perfect. 

Locked Contact

Roughly around 8 nappies a day, formula - you may get a tub to last the best part of 2 weeks at the start when they're having such small quantities.  Before Sam started weaning we'd use 3 tubs a fortnight.  - 6 x 7oz feeds a day.

ETA, moses basket in our room till he outgrew it, the his cotbed.  It was on my side next to the window.

Baby boy 11.09.01
    Baby boy 11.11.11
    Locked Contact

Nappies - we got through just over 200 in 3 weeks, so around 10 a day. That drops dramatically from 5-6wks. I bought a jumbo box of pampers early June, and I'm just getting to the last few (A is 15wks) We had A in the moses basket next to the bed. He's now in a travel cot, as he's outgrown the moses basket, and I can't get the cot in the room. Can't comment on the formula, as we've exclusively bf.
    Locked Contact

In the early days formula lasted about 10 days going down to 6-7 days just before he got weaned. 

Nappies was about 6-8 a day I think. 

Locked Contact

Wave in the newborn days Lucas and Isaac needed a nappy change after every feed (sometimes during Weep). Now I has his nappy changed 3/4 hourly but tends to have an explodapoo once during the day too so obviously I change it then too > no idea re formula. I can't remember if a tub lasts a week??? I have a vague memory of a friend saying this but could be totally wrong

Isaac was in a Moses basket right nest to my side of the bed (it made sense that I could just lift him out and latch him on iykwim). He's a beast now and has well outgrown the Moses basket so he's in a travel cot at the side of my bed (purely because my h couldnt be bothered moving us actual cot to our room Laugh) . 99% of the time Isaac sleeps all night but rarely he does wake up and because of this I've decided to keep him in with us (last night he was up 2 hourly Weep) as I'm too lazy to get out of bed and go into hs room to pacify him so he's staying where he is for the mo

Xc

#1 Baby boy 01/09 7lb1oz

#2 Baby boy 11/10 Angel

#3 Baby boy 02/12 6lb10oz

Locked Contact

Thank you ladies - I genuinely had no idea how many they go through.

We're hoping to BF however wanted to cost it out in case we couldn't for whatever reason. I think we may invest in a Costco card to buy nappies!

Samuel Stuart Angel born at 21 weeks - 19.05.2011

Locked Contact

Aldi nappies fab and v cheap. Same with Asda little angels nappies however aldi nappies are the only ones that contains 'the beasts' explodapoos !!!! Weep

#1 Baby boy 01/09 7lb1oz

#2 Baby boy 11/10 Angel

#3 Baby boy 02/12 6lb10oz

Locked Contact

At the start I think a tub of formula lasted us close to 2 weeks. Now we buy one every week. With nappies, I've always changed him before or after a feed to get in to a regular routine of changing him. Sometimes he needed changing in between. I still stick to this routine now so maybe 8 on average per day?

Baby boy February 2012

Locked Contact

I wouldn't buy loads of newborn nappies at once. P grew fast and grew out of them. I ended up giving lads of tiny nappies to the women's refuge. I have always found pampers best for P. 

I can spell and use grammar. I can also write adequate prose. I just find these things hard on an Apple device.

Baby girl P 21.11.2011 7lb 6oz at 38+3. Absolutely perfect. 

Locked Contact

I agree asda nappies are fab, we don't use anything else. We only bought two packs when N was born incase we decided they weren't any good. As TNP says its best not to buy loads, incase they don't fit or incase they leak and you want to try another brand. Formula we used to go through a box a week, now it's more. I can't remember how much we used when he was born. N sleeps in his crib in our room at the end of our bed.

#1 - 2/2/12 7lb 8oz

Locked Contact

I get one of the giga packs of pampers at Costco, generally lasts a month @ £19.95. (180 nappies in size 3 to give an example) not sure they do newborn but we found kiddicares just4bums good for smaller sizes. We're using aptamil and get through a tub a week now x

Baby boy O April 2012

Locked Contact

I think I just don't change my babies nappies enough because I only get through about 4-5 a day. I use nearly a tub of formula a week which is really annoying as Isabella is on some stupidly expensive one due her tummy problems

Baby boy July 2007 11 days late  Baby girl February 2009 8 days late  Identical Baby girl Baby girl March 2012 born at 36+2

4 Angel July 2006 10 weeks, Sept 2006 5 weeks, April 2011 8 weeks, June 2011 6 weeks

Locked Contact

We get through roughly a tub of formula a week. I generally just buy one every week so I have a spare. 

We use cloth nappies so can't really say on disposables, but I change her before every feed or as needed. I don't really count how many as it doesn't matter with cloth - just bung them in the washing machine when the bucket is full. 

Baby girl Evie Rose 5/5/12

Locked Contact

Forgot the rest! E is  in a Moses basket next to my side of the bed. Once she outgrows that we'll have to use a travel cot in our room as there's no way the cotbed will fit!

Baby girl Evie Rose 5/5/12

Locked Contact
Return to: Baby Talk
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12Next >