Sweet cart/buffet Ideas and if possible a flash

jodieb4
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 19 Jun 2012 14:56

Sweet cart/buffet Ideas and if possible a flash

Our evening buffet is not going to feature dessert so I thought a chocolate fountain or Sweetie cart would be ideal for folks with a sweet tooth. I have a friend who has a proper catering size chocolate fountain but it requires self set up/clearing up. I can just see myself drunk and covered  in chocolate  trying to clear up! So that is a no go.

The sweetie carts look cute but £160++ as a package or just £75 to rent the cart seems like an expense I could use elsewhere in the budget. Besides I have checked and most of the stuff on the cart is available in Costco and I could get it dirt cheap.

What sort of alternatives did those who wanted the sweet cart/buffet did without paying loads of money?

Did you build your own cart, find something that worked as one or perhaps just set it up to look nice?

I would appreciate feedback and flashes of what you have or thinking of doing.

Thanks

• Posted: 19 Jun 2012 15:59

Re: Sweet cart/buffet Ideas and if possible a flash

maidenheadgirl:

What sort of alternatives did those who wanted the sweet cart/buffet did without paying loads of money?

Did you build your own cart, find something that worked as one or perhaps just set it up to look nice?

we built our own!!the names of each sweet is under each jar..cos barely anything and went down a storm!!

• Posted: 19 Jun 2012 16:02

flowmojo:

we built our own!!the names of each sweet is under each jar..cos barely anything and went down a storm!!

I like your rack Flow Wink

In all serious, that rack thing is awesome, where did you get it from?

• Posted: 19 Jun 2012 16:04

Looks good enough to eat (well yeah!) Yeah where did you get the rack and stuff? Share share pls pls ;)

• Posted: 19 Jun 2012 16:10

The shelf unit thingy was made my Mr Fs fair hands about 5days before the wedding!!!

We still have it, not sure why, but if anyone wants it.....

• Posted: 19 Jun 2012 16:29

Seeing as I don't even have a date yet, I think MG should get first dibs.

• Posted: 19 Jun 2012 16:34

i also have 5 of the jars with lids left!!Laugh

• Posted: 19 Jun 2012 16:58

I would be interested in the rack can you e mail me some pics of it empty? And how much etc my email is jodieandjackson@gmail.com xxx

• Posted: 19 Jun 2012 17:18

wow... if i paid MR F, do you think he'd make me one too? :)Stick out tongue

• Posted: 19 Jun 2012 17:23

We bought all our bowls from Ebay and charity shops then went to Marko for the sweets and Ebay for the sweetie trees - All in all came in about £70 in all.

Excuse the pint - friend put his down then took a photo! Nini - and he supposed to be a professional.

• Posted: 19 Jun 2012 17:26

flowmojo:

maidenheadgirl:

flow where did you get ur jars from?

• Posted: 19 Jun 2012 22:43

thanks for sharing! Getting some ideas now ;)

• Posted: 20 Jun 2012 10:07

FLOWMOJO - That looks amazing, were your jars plastic or glass? and where did you get them from

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)