• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

Forgot to ask for vibes...

Saisi
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Forgot to ask for vibes...

...Which was clearly an error.

I had a telephone interview today which I was dreading as I don't really like talking on the phone! It was for a graduate scheme I was hoping to get and then ask if I could defer for 2 years (I applied before I got pregnant). Because I was dreading it I sort of put off thinking about it until, well, this morning really.

I had to give a short presentation... thought I made some good points but also gabbled a bit, 2 minutes was nowhere near enough time. And then I obviously didn't go into enough detail with any of the other questions she asked me, because she said at the end "you're very succinct aren't you" and she made it sound like a good thing, but it obviously wasn't. Got the rejection email this afternoon Sad

On the plus side, if I'd passed the interview then I'd have had to go for a selection day group interview thing in Nottingham next week... when I'm on holiday in Brighton... and it would have been a nightmare journey and expensive and I'd have been well annoyed to do that and THEN get rejected!

It's not nice to be turned down... but at least I already have a permanent job so I'm not losing anything really. Still. In need of commiserations please!

Finally Mrs J on 18th June 2011 ~ * ~ Baby boy A born 11/01/2013 ~ * ~ Baby girl due 23/08/2014

• Re: Forgot to ask for vibes...

Sorry you didn't get accepted. At least now you can enjoy your holiday without interruptions! Can you apply next year and try and defer for a year? Or apply in the year you'd want to start? 

C&N3812:

Sorry you didn't get accepted. At least now you can enjoy your holiday without interruptions! Can you apply next year and try and defer for a year? Or apply in the year you'd want to start? 

I can apply next year, but I'll (hopefully) have given birth recently, so may not be in the best frame of mind. The year after I can't apply, as you need to apply within 2 years of graduating Sad

To be honest it's a pilot scheme... so maybe best if I wasn't one of the guinea pigs, and there are other, more traditional ways to progress in this career too Smile

Finally Mrs J on 18th June 2011 ~ * ~ Baby boy A born 11/01/2013 ~ * ~ Baby girl due 23/08/2014

Tut, we could have helped you out there!

Otterly amazing

*sad face*

Sounds like it wasn't meant to be...

We shall save your vibes for another day

I am an Otter. I keep my favourite rock in my pocket.

It wasn't meant to be.

When you have your baby your whole world will shift on its axis (regardless of what you say now!) and it might well not be what you want to do anyway. Put this one down to fate knowing best!

Save the vibes!!

"Considerably less bitter than I expected" (Catinateacup, November 2013)

No longer funny or even very unreasonable. Bah humbug!

Haha, love the idea of saving the vibes! Big Smile

• RKB
    • Joined on 25 Nov 2009
    • Glasgow...ish

Sorry to hear you didn't get it!  But as my Granny always say's! What's for you won't go past you!  There's obviously a reason why you didn't get this.  Usually because something better is just around the corner!

OM since 15th December 2011!  My Wedding Report Here

I am my Grandmothers Granddaughter, Spitting Image of my Reflection!  A Country Bumpkin of the Highest Degree.  And if Anyone thought they had moves like Jagger?  No, Jagger wishes he had moves like me! :)

Sorry you didn't get through Saisi but it does sound like it wasn't meant to be. 

RKB:
    What's for you won't go past you

Love this.

Return to: Off Topic Posts
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)