• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

Tearing in Labour

Rizzo
Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 123Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Tearing in Labour

Does anyone else worry about this or did you worry when you were pregnant?

Is it really that bad?

I've given birth twice and didn't tear and I'm worrying about this labour.

*freaks out*

Baby girl NYE 2012

Moooooooooooooooey!

Locked Contact
  • Re: Tearing in Labour

• AllyD
    • Joined on 26 Nov 2003
    • Scotland

I didn't worry about it all, either time, despite tearing really badly 1st time round!

2nd time round I had an episiotomy and healed much better than I did when I tore naturally.  

Locked Contact

• Pittabre
    • Joined on 4 Apr 2007
    • Co Durham/North Yorkshire borders

I don't remember worrying as such and didn't tear either time.

But I did do some stretching excerisesEmbarrassed Whether they made any difference or not I don't know.

Ex left June 18th (day after son's fourth birthday party and three days before my birthday)

He doesn't want us anymore - fine, we will have a lovely time without him.

Locked Contact

First time I had an episiotomy. Second time i had a 2nd degree tear and needed stitches. I guess thats what happens when you have 9lb babies! Lol 

I did worry about it 2nd time but assumed I would have an episiotomy again. I wasn't offered it but by the time I was fully dilated it was too late

Love Married on Bonfire Night 2010 Love

Baby boy J - Dec 2005 - 9lb 6oz - 8 days late

Baby girl A - May 2012 - 9lb 2oz - 4 days late 

Locked Contact

• dimity
    • Joined on 26 Apr 2003
    • United Kingdom

yes I know what it's like. It haunted me and cost me many, many nights' sleep when pg. I had an epis the first time but was sewn up quite tight (sorry TMI) afterwards and knew it was a dead cert I'd tear the 2nd time. It terrified me and the thought just made me squirm. I did tear, but I literally did not feel it happening at all. Weirdly I actually really enjoyed the sensation of pushing him out. I remember the pain of contractions but no pain pushing him out at all. It probably helped that I felt I'd missed out on the actual pushing last time, because of my epidural, so wanted to feel that sensation this time.

I healed much, much better after the natural tear.

I totally understand why you're freaking out, and I did too. It's a horrible thought. But the reality was honestly fine and, I repeat, I literally did NOT feel it happen.

Locked Contact

Pittabre:

I don't remember worrying as such and didn't tear either time.

But I did do some stretching excerisesEmbarrassed Whether they made any difference or not I don't know.

Sorry to be nosy, but I'm curious about these stretching exercises! 

Locked Contact

• Caz
    • Joined on 3 Aug 2006
    • North West London

I didn't really think about it.

1st time I had an episiotomy and 2nd degree tear (10lb 1oz and ventouse delivery). 2nd time I had a 2nd degree tear that was bordering on 3rd degree (8lb 8oz).

Locked Contact

I didn't think about it but did tear in labour, 2nd degree. I have to say I would take labour again before stitches anytime, and the recovery afterwards. I will worry about it if we decide to have another as I wasn't really prepared for it.

I can spell and use grammar. I can also write adequate prose. I just find these things hard on an Apple device.

Baby girl P 21.11.2011 7lb 6oz at 38+3. Absolutely perfect. 

Locked Contact

I tried not to think about it too much and completely forgot about in while in labour. 

I ended up with a 3rd degree tear but honestly didn't feel it happen. E decided to come out with both her arms across her chest with her fists by her shoulders! 

The only good thing about having a serious tear was that I was stitched up in theatre with a spinal so didn't feel a thing. 

Baby girl Evie Rose 5/5/12

Locked Contact

I don't really remember worrying about it during pregnancy and then in labour I just wanted him out Laugh. I ended up with a 2nd degree tear and was paranoid that it wouldn't heal properly and things would never be the same. It's all fine now but I do worry about how it'd be if it happened again if we have another.

Baby boy February 2012

Locked Contact

I had an episiotomy and although it wasn't the best experience of my life, it healed well and life went on!

S - JULY 10 Baby boy

Sibling to Sawyer due 6.12.12 Fluffy

Angel Tight-Arse of the Year 2012 Angel

Locked Contact

*Marmite*:
    I ended up with a 3rd degree tear but honestly didn't feel it happen.

I had a 3rd degree tear too.  I'm afraid I did feel it happen.  I knew something was badly wrong when the pain got instantly worse just after she was born than it was in labour and whilst pushing.   2 hours in theatre and 5 months of physio sorted it out mostly, but I still have a few minor issues 3 and a half years on.  I was just unlucky, S had a mahoosive head, I wasn't examined once in labour because I wouldn't let them, it was too painful.  On the up side, I got to carry on with the G&A for 4 hours before going into theatre!  Great stuff that.

I don't have to worry about it happening again, because if there was a next time, I was told it would have to be a C Section.

Locked Contact

Oh my god, I wish I hadn't read this thread!! Don't really want to think about it, I suppose if it happens it happens but I'd just rather not think about it in advance!

Finally Mrs J on 18th June 2011 ~ * ~ Baby boy A born 11/01/2013 ~ * ~ Baby girl due 23/08/2014

Locked Contact

Saisi:

Oh my god, I wish I hadn't read this thread!! Don't really want to think about it, I suppose if it happens it happens but I'd just rather not think about it in advance!

I too wish I hadn't read this, the thought of this happening terrifies me!

Locked Contact

Saisi:

If it happens it happens, I don't think there is a lot you can really do about it, but when your in labour, and at the pushing stage, it really doesn't cross your mind (I had an episiotomy with my first though, and that was a breeze, didn't feel it at all), and whilst it isn't nice, it all happens at the same point as you have this lovely little baby, and so you have something else to concentrate on that is amazing at the same time.  Don't sweat it!

Locked Contact
Return to: Baby Talk
Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 123Next >