• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

Swynford paddocks hotel in liquidation

littleprincess30
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Swynford paddocks hotel in liquidation

ive heard Swynford paddocks has gone bust! I really hope not too many brides have lost vast amounts of money, so sad when this happens as many people book and pay deposits in advance.

it makes you wary of booking up early!

• Re: Swynford paddocks hotel in liquidation

One would hope that people buy wedding insurance for this.  Also, that the hotel would have a legal responsibility to refund those deposits, or that whoever takes over the hotel honours the prior arrangements. 

Honestly, this is a risk anyone booking a wedding venue takes, and it shouldn't effect your decision to book up early.  If it's a good venue it will be booked far in advance, so if you want a wedding there you have no choice. 

#marryxmas wedding report: http://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/390321.aspx

Hitched Awards 2013 best hair, 2nd best accessory, 3rd best dress, flowers and venue Smile

I've been there for a wedding and although it was nice - a nice outside area for the ceremony, and lovely rooms inside, it was very much 'faded glory'.

Is a shame for anyone who has lost out on their wedding though.

StarHitcher 'Most likely to turn wedding planning into a career' 2012 & 2013 Star TAKE NOTE, BRIDAL SHOPS!!!

Star Hitched Agony Aunt 2012 & 2013 Star

Star Joint 'Most Reasonable Hitcher' 2013 Star with Kjay, Peanut, Footers and Mrs C

im a bride at swynford i would like to now where this info has come from???

friend of mine heard it on facebook of all places! i would advise calling them to find out whats happening. let us know how you get on so we can get real facts.

The website says closed until April 2012 as undergoing renovations.  I hope this is the case.

i do too! from what i can gather it used to be called swynford paddocks and then it was re-brought by someone else who called it swynford hotel, now whether thats the mix up and swynford paddocks went into administration and swynford hotel is its new name!

lets hope so for any of the brides who are getting married there.

where on face book could i find this??

One of my friends had her friend see it, i dont know her name im afraid. Have you spoken to them yet, as I think if your booked there it would be wise to give them a quick call to see whats heppening, i would also be interested to know as its a lovely venue

littleprincess30:

i do too! from what i can gather it used to be called swynford paddocks and then it was re-brought by someone else who called it swynford hotel, now whether thats the mix up and swynford paddocks went into administration and swynford hotel is its new name!

lets hope so for any of the brides who are getting married there.

I went to a couple of weddings there when it was Swynford Paddocks - has been Swynford Hotel on the website for at least a year.

i just hope cornwell gives them a call as she said she is bride there, then we can all get the real facts on whats happening. not sure they would talk to me about it as im not booked there unless i call them and say im a worried chief bridesmaid!

We wanted to look round here and emailed them twice and it took them four months to reply to my email, by which time we had planned half the wedding including the venue! I really hope it isn't the case for those who have booked their wedding there.

Cornwell, I don't want to worry you further but a quick google took me this site http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/swynford-paddocks-hotel which says liquidation as of 9th March. There are lots of other websites saying the same thing.

I'd get onto them asap.

According to companies house it is in liquidation.

Name & Registered Office:
    SWYNFORD PADDOCKS HOTEL LIMITED
    P O BOX 585 
    DELAVALE HOUSE HIGH STREET 
    EDGWARE 
    MIDDLESEX 
    HA8 4DU 
    Company No. 04212792

Date of Incorporation: 09/05/2001

Country of Origin: United Kingdom 

the registered company address appear to be for a group of accountants.

I called the hotel and it says they are closed but the reception desk is manned between 9-5:30

I hope you manage to get hold of somebody regarding this Cornwell to get some answers.

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12Next >