Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2013

New York Themed Wedding - ideas welcome!

Emotionalwreck2013, 20 of January of 2012 at 09:28 Posted on Planning 0 14

Happy Friday Everyone!!

I am getting married in June 2013. We are having a New York themed wedding due to this being the place we got engaged. I just want to share the NY things I currently have planned for the wedding and if there are anymore you would like to add please do so...

Tables named after our favourite places in NY

Green apples in vases with flowers for centre pieces

Apples with the guests name on for the tables

Seating plan will be a map of NY and we will indicate to each table exactly where they are sitting

NY themed wedding cake

Manhattan cocktails on arrival

New York themed songs throughout the whole day

Candy buffet and cheesecakes for dessert

I love NY tshirt shaped cookies for favours

OH is wanting to get a yellow taxi but I really want a traditional car... maybe he can arrive in that with his best man and we can have it to the venue. Ill be happy turning up to the church in the car I want. Once im married, i dont care haha!!

I was also thinking of doing a NY themed card box, but really struggling with what to do. Im not the most creative person in the world.

Any tips of advice would be great. Thank you Smiley smile

14 replies

Latest activity by lauran24, 23 of September of 2012 at 11:20
  • LeedsBride
    Beginner September 2012
    LeedsBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds fab! We've been to NY before and had a lovely time.

How about somehow getting the box to look like the Chrysler building? ?

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    PhoenixAngelic ·
    • Hide content

OK, here are some random thoughts:

• cheesecake - with anything if it's a proper NY version! yum
    • message box in the shape of the Empire State Building - not too difficult as it's mostly square shapes - or if you're more adventurous, the Chrysler Building!
    • if you're going with a photo booth, perhaps some NY film/TV inspired props

A few key activities or items would be better than too many little things which then become samey.

But LOVE the idea. NYC is a fab place. Went there on my honeymoon from my previous marriage. Fantastic City, horrible company but I'm going to go back again and do it all properly with the right person next time. But not for our honeymoon!

Can't wait to see your mood boards and eventually the photos. Sounds like your guests will be having an extravaganza of a day.

If I think of anything else (which I probably will the minute I stop typing!) I'll jump back in.

• Iheartbuttons
    Iheartbuttons ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding and what a fabulous theme!!

If you wanted to take the theme into your bouquet (and/or bridesmaids bouquets) this is can be done with button & brooch/jewellery bouquets. These are great as you get an everlasting keepsake of your day and my brides use them afterwards as decoration in their home. Maybe you could have a I Heart NY badge in the bouquet, along with a sparkling statue of liberty brooch.. just some thoughts Smiley smile

I have just done bridal order for a Leopard print/gothic/purple themed bouquet and the bride loves hearts and bows - here is a pic so you can see how you get the theme into the bouquets. And another pic of my Summers Day bouquet. hope this gives you some more ideas Smiley smile More pics on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/iheartbuttonsuk

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds great! I love all the details you've thought of. For the card box, what about the Empire State Building or the NY skyline? You could trace a skyline onto a large box and either cut it out or paint it. You could also get a large photo of the skyline printed and wrap it around a box. Just a thought!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Hey snap! we too are having a NYC theme, we got engaged here also and i LOVE NY! we get married this June, so far we have..

New York yellow cabs for our cars

3 tier wedding cake with Apples inbetween each layer

Invites were done with a NYC style on the front

Table plan will be New York themed like the invites

Table named after places in New York

Apples as place names

Candy sweet buffet

1st dance - Empire state of mind, Alica Keyes

Post box - shaped as Empire State Building

Think thats about all, so not totally over board with things but enough to keep with the idea.

Give me a shout if you want me to flash any of our stuff x

• E
    Beginner June 2013
    Emotionalwreck2013 ·
    • Hide content

Wow thank you so much for all your lovely comments and ideas!

I really like the idea of an empire of state card box... sarah could you send me some pictures of what you have please?

New York is the best place EVER! We are now thinking of going back one more time before the wedding to pick up some things for our venue. Smiley smile

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem, hope these come out ok x I have put up pics of our stationary (wedding invites/table plan/card box/place names), our wedding cake, wedding car and the Bloomingdale bags are what we are going to put the Bridesmaids and Best Man/Ushers gifts in and the Macy bags are for the flower girls/page boy. x

• little miss stubborn
    little miss stubborn ·
    • Hide content

I know its not screaming new york but how about a traditional style american post box for your cards?

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    kirwat87 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

SarahB3426 - I absolutely ADORE the table plan you've used. I'm from the UK and we're going to NYC for our honeymoon and are so excited we may burst! So we were hoping to do a New York themed table plan of all the places we hope to visit! Is there any chance you could let us know where you got it from? And HOPEFULLY it would ship to the UK as I completely love it!

Look forward to hearing from you soon and congratulations on your wedding!!

Kirstie

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww thanks! can't belive my wedding will soon be here!!

Our invites and table plan is all done by the very talented Zoe at bunny delicious, she is on Fb or her website is www.bunnydelicious.com/

Hope she can help you out x

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    kirwat87 ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic thank you! cheeky question - but how much was it? I've emailed for a quote but i'm impatient lol! If you'd rather not say then no worries!

Thanks!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No i dont mind. There are several different prices, the one in the pic i posted is the most expensive it is £50 for the canvas then £17.50 per table, this was working out a little 2 expensive for us as we have 12 tables! so we have gone for a similar design but along the top it shows our wedding invite and still have the NYC skyline along the bottom. But we are having the table names done by her, which is a picture of the place and a little bit of info regarding it.

She is now doing a new version which has a lot of smaller items running along the top.

All her work is amazing!

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I have just started a small fascinator website and have some bright and quirky ones if that helps.

www.weddingfascinator.co.uk

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    lauran24 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm having a new York style wedding too and I love your empire state post box, can you let me know where you got this from?

Thanks

Laura

• You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics