Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Perfection Weddings
Beginner March 2012

ANYONE HAVING A VINTAGE THEME WEDDING HELP PLEASE?

Perfection Weddings , 2 of January of 2012 at 22:09 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hello girls Smiley smile

Im having a vintage/shabby chic wedding in march and have hired alfreton hall and i get the whole building. Ive got everything sorted for the wedding breakfast and ceremony room but i get two rooms downstairs one is a lounge with grand piano and the other a bar room i want to dress it up a bit as there are tables etc any ideas please????????

19 replies

Latest activity by Jules73, 5 of January of 2012 at 14:24
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Hi. I've been to see Alfreton Hall and the rooms downstairs are lovely. I don't think they'll need much decoration. Maybe some lanterns on the tables? If I'm remembering the decor right, I think darker coloured lanterns rather than cream ones would look good. If not, you can never go wrong with some small vases of flowers or little potted plants?

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the ideas Smiley smile im thinking jugs/vases but no idea where to get them cheap lol

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Scout charity shops and pick up bits when you see them. Or keep an eye on eBay.

• M
    Beginner April 2012
    Misstd ·
    • Hide content

Never seem your venue but for vintage themes I have seen a stack of china mugs with flowers on top looked really good! I love hurricane lamps and quite cheap in ikea but not allowed candles at my venue so I bought large ivory candelabras with dropping crystals (from flower wholesales only bout 15 each!) to put flowers on, don't need them on every table if tall enough, just enough to make an impact

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

I do love the idea of china cups but theres to many children they would knock them all over im sure lol! If anyone knows where to get cream/pink metal jugs i would love them? Also if anyone has any glass bowls or vases in a vintage style id be very interested.

• Sarah-March-2013
    Beginner March 2013
    Sarah-March-2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I'm having a vintage style theme too. I am thinking of old milk jugs with a flower in them, I have a few other ideas too and had toyed with having a different centre piece on each table.

My other ideas were...

birdcages

cake stands (with favours/disposable cameras on instead of cupcakes)

vintage photo frames with either table numbers or something. I seen a lovely one with 5 little picture spaces instead of one big picture, and had thought about doing quiz style questions about our lives in each one as an ice breaker.

Those jewelery stands like a manequin with some costume pearls on?

Old perfume bottle with the fancy end u squeeze, maybe filled with roses or something.

My wedding is still 15 months away so not looked too far but if you google "vintage wedding/V W centre piece ideas" you get loads of ideas! HTH.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Apart from the "normal" wedding photographs, have you considered having a vintage album with vintage style photographs as well as the modern coverage of the day? Or perhaps even a Super8 cine film of parts of the day?

Peter

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Id love a vintage wedding album but my photographer isnt that experienced Smiley sad!

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

I love the milk jug idea but cant find any! not in my budget anyway!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

BTW....your choice is pretty good. I spent a few days in Alfreton a couple of years back and its a really nice area........and I did get called "duck" on more than one occassion?

Peter

• Sarah-March-2013
    Beginner March 2013
    Sarah-March-2013 ·
    • Hide content

How about these?

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/theorchard/product/vintage_tea_party_milk_jug?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=65701

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Haha yeah i bet you did duck lol. Out of interest if i got my photographer to take vintage shots could you make them up into a vintage album? and how much would it roughly cost?

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

They are lovely just may be a bit to small as i would like to put flowers inside them

thanks though

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Th enamel pitcher jugs are good for vintage weddings:-

These are on Amazon at £10.95 each but you can get them in lots of other places such as garden centres, Matalan, Homestyle etc. They're very sturdy when filled with water so not easy to knock over or break if you have children running around. I've seen them around in pastel pink too.

• Z
    Beginner October 2015
    zheshi ·
    • Hide content

I love white and blue wedding dresses indeed....While my friend Tina got a cheap pink wedding dress at http://www.wholesale-weddingdress.com. It may not be as good as a a designer wedding dress, but I think it worth it.It looks great. I am a lovely girl who wants to know of the world and I am interested in beautiful dresses. When I am old, I wish I could say I am happy all the years. You will never know what you will get the next moment, so why not enjoy what you have now!!!

• Perfection Weddings
    Beginner March 2012
    Perfection Weddings ·
    • Hide content

They are exactly what im looking for but hoping to find some second hand as im on a very tight budget and need about 8 which is over £80 Smiley sad!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

They may be cheaper in Matalan or the aluminium type will be slightly cheaper than the enamel but not quite as vintagey thoughSmiley sad

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

They don't all have to match & having them all different on each table will be more of a talking point. Search Charity shops, Car Boot Sales & Table top sales you will be able to pick them up for a few pounds.

These pics are from a wedding we did last year ( still seems strange saying that!!)

• Recycledbride
    Beginner June 2012
    Recycledbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a vintage style wedding, and will be using props like chalk boards, vintage books, glass vases, bunting, stacked vintage suitcases, bought loads of stuff and hiring it all out after the wedding!

I've been to auction houses to collect vintage and visited vintage wedding fairs as well as scouring ebay (I got a huge lot of vintage crystal vases), and charity shops

• Jules73
    Beginner August 2012
    Jules73 ·
    • Hide content

Sherrie H - Love the flower centre piece display you did last year. I want my flowers not to match too even though some people think it's weird.

Hey heyjude2012 - Please can you tell me where you got the ribbon and labels you are using to tie your books? Trying to find similar but ebay and google only shows USA. Thinking about trying to do tags myself but would rather buy them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics