Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca86
Beginner July 2012

What's you themes/Colours for the wedding?

Rebecca86, 29 of December of 2010 at 11:45 Posted on Planning 0 44

When OH proposed oh you couldn't find a happier lady around, then i started to struggle on colours and themes finally found one which i love, mine is the Tiffany Blue colour (I love Tiffany's & Audrey Hepburn) and it's also my theme, i'm having Tiffany style gift boxes as my wedding favours with white ribbons, invitations i'm making because not a lot of companies have the colour of tiffany, i found a website for the Bridesmaids dresses they Have Tiffany Blue fabric so i'm having the dresses handmade which is actually working out at around £70 a dress which i'm quite happy with, and i'm designing them myself (it's a fab website can do so many different styles), Wedding cake will be in Tiffany blue Colour with white ribbons... Oh i so can't wait to get stuck into the planning, So What all your colours and themes x

44 replies

Latest activity by Noodle2Be, 30 of December of 2010 at 20:52
  • Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rebecca

WHen I got married our colour scheme was dark purple (not my actual photos of my wedding but an example of a dark purple theme!):

Congratulations and have fun planning!

Claire

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

My colour is purple Smiley smile is my fav colour so made sense to have it

• Amour Occasions
    Amour Occasions ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats why we decided to have it!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Purple has always been really popular and still will be for next year, but a lot more pastels, Pinks, Sage Greens, Champagne etc are coming out tops for next season.

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

I also toyed with the idea of deep purple, but i finally settled on this!

Invitations

Cake

my wedding favour boxes

BM dress styles

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Mine has a vintage tea party type theme - Dusky pink and sage green being the main colours along with ivory.

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

Wow that's so pretty and lovely that will look amazing x

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

Both myself and the OH are Portsmouth football supporters (hence the ID) and we met through the football. Our Venue, in Surrey, has a Portsmouth connection in that Lord Nelson courted Lady Hamilton there... there was only one theme we could have as a result - red, white and blue! (Well, white blue and a hint of red)

We're not going to have anything so obvious as Union Jack bunting or anything like that, more like white chair covers with blue bows, white dress, navy suits or at least navy cravats, the venue's curtains are red, white flowers with blue and/red ribbons/candles etc

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

That's really good if my OH got his way we'd be getting married at the Emirates stadium as he's a big Arsenal fan, We live in manchester but he still wanted London and he wanted "Arsenal" Red as the theme but as you can tell i got my own way lol how ever i am letting him name the tables ? which are Welsh Legends to this day i still have no idea why i agreed to that, but i suppose he's got to have some say in the wedding ? x

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think we're going for old Pompey legends as our table names - I might even allow mini football kits to be the table numbers - well, it's appropriate at least :o)

• S
    Beginner December 2012
    Sarah-Jayne x ·
    • Hide content

I love love love Tiffany themes! I would definitely struggle to pick a colour when hopefully the day comes in the future that I'll be planning my own wedding as I change my mind on a daily basis when I see all the lovely colours that my brides chose but at the moment I'm liking the idea of having everything white and then small accents of tiffany blue dotted around. I think tiffany blue definitely looks better with white as the co-ordinating colour rather than ivory as its such a fresh bright colour.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We are going for a contemporary fusion of turquoise, hints of purple and grey... orchids and a slight moroccan twist with the centrepieces...

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

We're having an Ivory and Mocha theme..

Something a long the lines of this..

• S
    Beginner December 2011
    Sarah2602 ·
    • Hide content

Where did you get all the pictures to make that mood board, looks amazing!!! We're thinking navy blue but not sure for a contrast with it...

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Google is your friend!!!

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Navy blue is a lovely colour to contrast with - think school uniforms across the world! Depending on your personalities and time of year, it would go lovely with lilac, hot pink, red, cream, peacock blue, even a bottle green would look fab

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There are lots of colours you can use with Navy:

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I cheated and googled images of mocha and ivory wedding themes, i love all of them! Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner December 2011
    Sarah2602 ·
    • Hide content

Soo fab, love it! Thanks ladies! :o)

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have a theme really. The bridesmaids wore pink dresses, men had pink ties, they both had pale pink gerbera flowers, me and Mr GB had fuscia pink gerberas, and the table decorations were a bud vase with 2 pale pink gerberas in. And that was as far as the colour scheme went.

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

I'm obsessed with Tiffany but didn't own any until OH bought me a necklace for christmas i was more excited than the kids when i saw that bag!

Can't wait to start all the making and the tiny bit's of detail for the wedding and reception also think Tiffany Blue looks better with white it's so fresh

Oooooh i'm so excited now, love talking about it, but i'm sure all family and friends are getting bored of hearing me talking about it x

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a red rose theme, because my OH bought me red roses after our first date and then continued to send them every month after that!!

Here are some of my ideas:

Ideally I would love my marks and spencer rose cake to have red roses instead of white, but I dont think this is possible?

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

How romantic, i wanted to get married on the 28th july 1012 as it would of been 5 years to the day that we met but sadly the date was taken and i didn't want to change venues as i just fell in love with the place so the 14th it is, which then turned out to be H2B's parents wedding date so we had to check with MIL first as H2b's dad passed away quite some years ago, MIL was really happy that we'd choosen that date so all turned out good in the end Smiley smile

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

They might be able to... could always ask? If not, could you or an artistic friend colour them with food colouring? Or maybe customise the cake with red ribbon?

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not 100% sure yet, I keep changing my mind! I'm on a tight budget for the bridesmaid dresses so that will probably determine what colour I go for. And I can't go shopping for them till about Feb/March time becuase one of my bridesmaids (my sister)is pregnant and due mid Jan. I do know that I want lots of candles, white flowers, and jars on the table with flowers in! Lol! x

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Rebecca!

Our theme is Narnia meets Winter Woodland and colours are Ivory and Hunter Green with silver accents:

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

Er no... didn't trust that it wouldn't already have been sold off or developed on by then he he

• Blueso
    Beginner June 2011
    Blueso ·
    • Hide content

I love the Tiffany theme as Tiffany is where my engagement ring (and soon to be bought wedding ring) is from.

A close friend of mine had bridesmaid dresses in the Tiffany blue and white so to be different, I'm opting for purple BM dresses. Purple seems to be very popular.

I don't really have a theme to my wedding though, I just want it to be quite traditional and elegant.

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

If that's the case, you're very brave having the wedding on a Saturday in the football season!!! Are you getting the TVs set up, just in case?!?

• PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

Lol no, we assumed that the Saturday would already be booked up so plumped for the Sunday so most peeps won't have to book a day off AND there was the added bonus of it being nearly 2k cheaper!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

At the moment I have decided on Raspberry (not pink, but not plum) with silver. I'm sure it'll change...

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Okay, now I'm confused...

This colour is called Niagara - and that is where the OH and I spent our first holiday (his Mum lives there).... Maybe its a sign?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics