Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

nicnol
Beginner October 2011

Maldives honeymoon and spending money

nicnol, 30 of March of 2011 at 15:40 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 7

Hi all. Just looking at my bidget and I have stupidly forgot to include spending money on our honeymoon!!! Whoops!

Thankfully we are all inclusive but was wondering if anyone had been or going or know's someone and how much spending money (without excursions) do you think we'd need. Do you think £500 would cover it or be too much?

7 replies

Latest activity by M and M, 11 of April of 2011 at 17:29
  • KateyP
    Beginner February 2010
    KateyP ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I went to Maldives a few years ago half board I think. Even with paying for lunch and drinks, I don't recall spends being OTT. The hotel did lots of free excursions.

Do you mind me asking where you are staying, and an approx price you've paid? I've been looking for All-Inc Maldives hols and can never find any!! Thanks x

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

Im going to the Maldives in May for our honeymoon... I hadnt thought about spending money as we're all inclusive too.

We are doing one week on a boat that has lots of excursions built and then another week on Athuruga.

As the first week will have lots of excursions we probably wont do any the second week

but Im going to spoil myself and get loads of massages etc.....I'm wondering how much it will cost now too.

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

KateyP - we're going to Kuramathi for one week through Kuoni. Staying in deluxe beach villa and having the top all inclusive option.....means you get to eat in different restaurants and it's £3,425....so not that cheap. Traveldesigners though do Kuoni hols and I think that they might work out cheaper (something I didn't find out till after i booked with kuoni) so try them.

Sarina.....see I want some massages aswell and they haven't got a price list on the kuramathi website.....we also have a free sunset cruise and excursion to neighbouring island. As we're only there a week prob won't get much chance to do loads anyway altho wouldn't mind scuba diving and sea fishing (which I think is pretty expensive) I may email them and find out prices.......may give you an idea! x

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to Kuramathi too, also through Kuoni. We opted for a water villa, and are going select all inclusive, so about as expensive as it could be, but hopefully it'll be worth it and the holiday of a lifetime!

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

Meeru island have lots of prices for restuarants and spa on their website and i bet they are very similar!

Im going to meeru but BIL went to kuramathi and loved it! They went all inc and barely spent a thing x

• Elegant Engagements
    Elegant Engagements ·
    • Hide content

Hi Folks,

We have just come back from our honeymoon in Keredu in the Maldives with Kuoni. It was amazing. We spent about a grand but that was only because we did lots of trips and hired snorkelling equipments and underwater camera's.

I would definately recommend snorkelling out there as the marine life is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. It's like watching real life finding Nemo.

They are usually cash free Islands and you pay everything off at the end of the week and tip your waiter, room boy, bar staff etc then. So make sure you do take about $100 for tips in total if you are giong all inclusive and pay at the end of the week.

Have an amazing time and make sure you take loads of sun cream as it is extra hot over there at the moment.

Enjoy yourselves in paradise and have great weddings xx

Have fun xx

• SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

Do you need to have innoculations for the Maldives?

Had a quick google and they do recommend a few. Has everyone had these or will every be getting them before they go?

P.s. A guy at work went to Meeru and he said it was like paradise on earth

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

Ive been trying to find out if any innoculations are needed to but its all a bit unclear, may ring my doctors and ask! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics