Where does your mop/broom/Hoover/ironing board live?

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free   or   sign in to reply
Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 123Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 4 Jan 2011 22:02

Where does your mop/broom/Hoover/ironing board live?

We have no tall cupboard storage downstairs. Well there is a larder cupbiard in the kitchen but it has shelves in it because if it didnt it would fall over apparently! No understairs cupboard or appropriate nook/cranny in kitchen to store our Hoover, ironing board, broom, mop and bucket etc. Currently it's all stuck in a corner of the kitchen/diner. Where do you keep yours if not in a cupboard? we have no spare room

can you buy tall freestanding tidies/cupboard? I'm not explaining myself very well but hopefully I'll make sense to someone Laugh

• Posted: 4 Jan 2011 22:05

Re: Where does your mop/broom/Hoover/ironing board live?

My friend built a cupboard dining room for all that stuff - the doors are the same as the dining room door - looks like it's supposed to be there iyswim?
  • Posted: 4 Jan 2011 22:08

We do have an upderstairs cupboard but it is rammed full of stuff as its the only storage in our plan downstairs. The hoover lives just outside the cupboard though its rarely used as we have laminate floors, and the broom is just propped up outside the kitchen dorrway in teh dining room - A loves playing with it - he spends ages just moving it around - strange child.

• Posted: 4 Jan 2011 22:18

mop n bucket lives outside

hoover lives in whatever room we finish hoovering in but when guests are in it lives in 2nd bedroom.

ironing board in 2nd  bedroom, iron in elec cupboard.....

its a right PITA, eh? we dont have anywhere really either :(

• Posted: 4 Jan 2011 22:19

My hoover (broken!), mop and broom are in the cupboard under the stairs, so no help there sorry!  But my ironing board is stored in the little gap between the tumble dryer and freezer.

x

• Posted: 4 Jan 2011 22:35

you can buy free standing slim, tall cupboards from ikea - I have four in my dining room which house my humongous book collection!

our hoover is in a cupboard under the stairs (or in our bedroom, lying around!)  and our ironing board leans against the wall in our dining room, but is hidden behind the coat rack, which is in the corner.  Honestly, it doesn't look as messy as it sounds! it did move house when we had a new (bigger) fridge freezer, as it used to lean inbetween the wall and the FF.

x

• Posted: 4 Jan 2011 22:36

Yup you can buy tall freestanding furntiture Im sure Ive seen them before!

All our cleaning stuff lives under the stairs.....its a hovel!

• Posted: 4 Jan 2011 22:43

I do have an understairs cupboard but it was taken over by toys years ago. My hoover is in the front room, where I left it after hoovering today, but I try to move it back into the garage, along with mop. The ironing boards home seems to be in the dining room at the minute, until Isaac finds it and I have to move it again Laugh

• Posted: 4 Jan 2011 23:06

I looked on ikea the other day and couldn't find anything. Do you know what they're called Jennie?
  • Posted: 5 Jan 2011 0:32

Do you have a cellar/ basement? Our mop, broom and hoover are on hooks hanging from the wall of the basement stairs. That works well for us and doesn't take up floor space.

• Posted: 5 Jan 2011 4:51

No basement and the garage is at the bottom of the garden
  • Posted: 5 Jan 2011 8:40

My hoover is stored upstairs in the airing cupboard as we have a big walk in airing cupboard and our ironing board is usually stored in the same place, but lately the ironing board has been left up and left in the spare room.

• Posted: 5 Jan 2011 8:58

We have a cupboard under the stairs which was made just to hide all this stuff i think.  We also keep shoes and DVDs in there.

• Posted: 5 Jan 2011 9:13

We have exactly the same issue, larder in kitchen which is under the stairs which has shelves in it. My broom is wedged in there diagonally between door and shelf. They'll Hoover lives in a corner in the kitchen next to the bin. The ironing board is in the airing cupboard and the mop/bucket are outside as we have a brick built shed a foot from our back door, but it's not dry/warm enough for me to want to store any of the other bits out there.
  • Posted: 5 Jan 2011 9:23

Luckily in our new house, the boiler is downstairs & the hot water cylinder, so the mop etc live in there with it.  The hoover is unfortunately too big, so sits outside of there in the utility room.

Return to: Baby Talk
Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 123Next >