Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsBunting
Beginner August 2008

can you return un-used make up?

MrsBunting, 18 of May of 2008 at 20:26 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all,

this is my first post since the new forum change!

i was wandering in debenhams today and got sucked into a mini makeover from Lancome. I bought a matte foundation and lippy from them for my wedding day. but having got home, the makeup has kinda gone a bid yuk and is sliding.

i spent £42 in all, but am wondering if i can return them. I have not touched them at all and they could see this. The debenham recept does say "we are happy to exchange or refund any item in a fully resaleable condition returned to us" . I know I could just go in there and ask, but am scared of looking like an idiot.

has anyone out there tried to return makeup, unused before?

muchos gracias!

xx

3 replies

Latest activity by Scrumptious Make Up (HIB), 19 of May of 2008 at 19:45
  • Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

If the receipt says that then it will be fine

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I think you'll find make-up will be exempt from their returns policy unless it's in a sealed package that you can prove hasn't been opened.

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

You should be fine as long as it hasn't been opened. I returned a Clinique foundation to Boots a while ago that hadn't been opened and they were fine.

Juliet x

• Scrumptious Make Up (HIB)
    Scrumptious Make Up (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Yes you should, if you haven't opened bottle and got the reciept! You can explain exactly what you did here about not feeling comfy with the foundation after a few hours after leaving the store. That is why I always recommend you get samples first and try them out. :-)

Emma x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics